Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NRA ad brings Obama kids into gun debate; White House fights back

1. -31
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm married Statler. I'm flattered you think I'm attractive enough to forsake Jesus and your entire ideology, but I just don't like ****. Besides, I like to think I could do a little better than some delusional pathological liar if I were gay. I think you should go straight to your pastor and talk to him about these funny feelings you're getting. Maybe he can help you and Jesus come to an understanding...

I actually donít know what gender you are, nor do I care (if I had to guess I would say female considering your field of study is dominated by females), but are you going to actually address my post or continue to blow smoke (SPAM)?
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

I actually donít know what gender you are, nor do I care (if I had to guess I would say female considering your field of study is dominated by females), but are you going to actually address my post or continue to blow smoke (SPAM)?
    You guess female? Or you hope female? Because if I was female, then your crush wouldn't be homosexual, am I right? Sorry Statler, I have a big steaming pile of penis in my pants. So, your conundrum continues...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guess female? Or you hope female? Because if I was female, then your crush wouldn't be homosexual, am I right? Sorry Statler, I have a big steaming pile of penis in my pants. So, your conundrum continues...
    Are you going to address my point? Or do I need to report your posts as SPAM/abuse?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He should concentrate on creating jobs and taking vacations which actually save us money.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Locke, I think you know I respect you, hell I think you're smarter than hell, and I like your posts. Don't always agree with them, but i usually learn something from them.

With that being said, I do not know what's going on between you and Statler, but I think his question is valid in this case.

I would honestly like you to talk about this because of your background, I mean who on this forum knows more about the psychological make up of these animals than you?

I happen to be one of the people that believe that guards at the schools is the ONLY WAY we will stop this trend, and it certainly seems to be a trend to me. I would use retired military personnel that have been in combat. I think some of them have trouble finding a job, and imo this would be perfect. You know they will not run away from a fight. Two a school with one monitoring the cameras and one on some sort of watch schedule.

Now, i'm not saying all of these people would be right for the job, but with the right interview process and training I think it could be a perfect match.

How would i pay for it?

Right for our defense budget, the most over bloated thing probably ANYONE COULD THINK OF. Maybe start with the manufacturer of those tanks that continues to manufacture, we continue to pay, but we don't even use, and have thousands of backup that I read about months ago.

Here is the second part of my question I would like you to address. Does your studies show that these mass murderers seem to have an element of the classic bully to them? By this I mean people that like to hurt, embarrass, beat up, or in this case kill those that offer the least opposition?

It certainly seems that way to me, in case after case they seem to kill as many people as they can BEFORE the police come, or I believe before anyone that would put up a fight gets there. I feel with armed former military personnel that have some active duty as experience these scumbags would lose interest in schools because I really feel they are not looking for a fair fight.

Now, what I cannot say is if they would move on to another target in our society, if that happens, I guess we would have to then respond to that also.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK, y'all can stop the catfight. Its only cool when boozed up sexy chicks do it and aint neither one of you fitting that bill.

BACK ON TOPIC

p.s.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Locke, I think you know I respect you, hell I think you're smarter than hell, and I like your posts. Don't always agree with them, but i usually learn something from them.

With that being said, I do not know what's going on between you and Statler, but I think his question is valid in this case.

I would honestly like you to talk about this because of your background, I mean who on this forum knows more about the psychological make up of these animals than you?

I happen to be one of the people that believe that guards at the schools is the ONLY WAY we will stop this trend, and it certainly seems to be a trend to me. I would use retired military personnel that have been in combat. I think some of them have trouble finding a job, and imo this would be perfect. You know they will not run away from a fight. Two a school with one monitoring the cameras and one on some sort of watch schedule.

Now, i'm not saying all of these people would be right for the job, but with the right interview process and training I think it could be a perfect match.

How would i pay for it?

Right for our defense budget, the most over bloated thing probably ANYONE COULD THINK OF. Maybe start with the manufacturer of those tanks that continues to manufacture, we continue to pay, but we don't even use, and have thousands of backup that I read about months ago.

Here is the second part of my question I would like you to address. Does your studies show that these mass murderers seem to have an element of the classic bully to them? By this I mean people that like to hurt, embarrass, beat up, or in this case kill those that offer the least opposition?

It certainly seems that way to me, in case after case they seem to kill as many people as they can BEFORE the police come, or I believe before anyone that would put up a fight gets there. I feel with armed former military personnel that have some active duty as experience these scumbags would lose interest in schools because I really feel they are not looking for a fair fight.

Now, what I cannot say is if they would move on to another target in our society, if that happens, I guess we would have to then respond to that also.
    Is Locke on vacation or what?
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe they got a time-out. It was getting a little out of control there. We have (or at least had when i was a more regular poster) a pretty good history of policing ourselves in this forum and not letting things get out of hand.
    Its a shame, because i really do enjoy both guys posts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post

How would i pay for it?

No timeout for me, just a crazy weekend with the wife. At some point we're going to have to start acting like a married couple. But that day is not today.

I'm more than happy to talk with you about this topic, Statler not so much. I can only handle so much straw-manning, spinning, non-answers, blatant lies, and passive-aggressive remarks before I get the desire to drink the memory of my conversation with him away.

I believe his question was if guns are so ineffective at stopping violence, why should the secret service have them? Or something along those lines. The answer is simple. The secret service is trained, the average person is not. If you look it up, the percentage of shots fired to shots hitting their intended target for a trained professional varies from 20%-33% depending on which study you look. Best case scenario, 1 out of 3 bullets hits their intended target, 1 out of 5 worst case. That's a trained soldier, police officer, or security officer who has gone through rigorous amounts of training designed to have them keep a clear head, not panic, and stay focused. And they still MISS between 66 and 80 percent of the time. Now what would you expect the accuracy rate of the average joe to be? Being accurate on a shooting range is a completely different animal than being accurate when everyone around you is panicked, screaming, and you have bullets flying at you.

More specifically, the risk of an armed group of men attacking the President is real. The thought of an armed group of men coming into your house for your TV and iPod? Yeah right. There is an actual need to have the President's detail armed to the teeth. There is no need for the 55 year old guy in Nebraska to have 10 AK47s and enough ammunition to conquer a small town.

I agree with you that if we have to have armed guards on campus, it would be best to have them be former military or police. I strongly STRONGLY disagree with arming teachers. But I'm not opposed to having highly trained security personnel on campus. But it needs to be light, otherwise you turn into a police-state. Before someone argues that, keep in mind that we live in a capitalistic society. You don't hire someone to sit around for 364 days a year and only do something on the 1 day when a shooter shows up campus. If there are going to be armed security on campus, they are going to be involved with rule-enforcement and discipline as well. If you have 50 armed guards on a high school campus, you turn a school into a police-state. It's a tough line to walk.

Lastly, as to your second point, it tends to be the opposite, actually. The non-mentally ill people who go on these shootings tend to be the bullied. They don't feel like they can fight back physically, so they don't. They get bullied, picked on, outcast, and humiliated for whatever length of time it takes for them to reach a breaking point. They snap, they do the shooting, and that's it. As to those who are mentally ill, it's a bit different. Everyone assumed this Newtown shooter was an evil person just looking to kill people. But I would bet he thought he was helping them. I would put money on the fact that he thought some great conspiracy/calamity/terror was coming, and that these kids were better off dead than going through it. Of course we'll never know since he killed himself. That's usually the case with most mentally ill people who do these horrific things. They have a twisted sense of reality, but not necessarily an evil one...
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No timeout for me, just a crazy weekend with the wife. At some point we're going to have to start acting like a married couple. But that day is not today.

I'm more than happy to talk with you about this topic, Statler not so much. I can only handle so much straw-manning, spinning, non-answers, blatant lies, and passive-aggressive remarks before I get the desire to drink the memory of my conversation with him away.

I believe his question was if guns are so ineffective at stopping violence, why should the secret service have them? Or something along those lines. The answer is simple. The secret service is trained, the average person is not. If you look it up, the percentage of shots fired to shots hitting their intended target for a trained professional varies from 20%-33% depending on which study you look. Best case scenario, 1 out of 3 bullets hits their intended target, 1 out of 5 worst case. That's a trained soldier, police officer, or security officer who has gone through rigorous amounts of training designed to have them keep a clear head, not panic, and stay focused. And they still MISS between 66 and 80 percent of the time. Now what would you expect the accuracy rate of the average joe to be? Being accurate on a shooting range is a completely different animal than being accurate when everyone around you is panicked, screaming, and you have bullets flying at you.

More specifically, the risk of an armed group of men attacking the President is real. The thought of an armed group of men coming into your house for your TV and iPod? Yeah right. There is an actual need to have the President's detail armed to the teeth. There is no need for the 55 year old guy in Nebraska to have 10 AK47s and enough ammunition to conquer a small town.

I agree with you that if we have to have armed guards on campus, it would be best to have them be former military or police. I strongly STRONGLY disagree with arming teachers. But I'm not opposed to having highly trained security personnel on campus. But it needs to be light, otherwise you turn into a police-state. Before someone argues that, keep in mind that we live in a capitalistic society. You don't hire someone to sit around for 364 days a year and only do something on the 1 day when a shooter shows up campus. If there are going to be armed security on campus, they are going to be involved with rule-enforcement and discipline as well. If you have 50 armed guards on a high school campus, you turn a school into a police-state. It's a tough line to walk.

Lastly, as to your second point, it tends to be the opposite, actually. The non-mentally ill people who go on these shootings tend to be the bullied. They don't feel like they can fight back physically, so they don't. They get bullied, picked on, outcast, and humiliated for whatever length of time it takes for them to reach a breaking point. They snap, they do the shooting, and that's it. As to those who are mentally ill, it's a bit different. Everyone assumed this Newtown shooter was an evil person just looking to kill people. But I would bet he thought he was helping them. I would put money on the fact that he thought some great conspiracy/calamity/terror was coming, and that these kids were better off dead than going through it. Of course we'll never know since he killed himself. That's usually the case with most mentally ill people who do these horrific things. They have a twisted sense of reality, but not necessarily an evil one...

Very good post and I agree with most of what you say. However, I don't know why you guys hate statler, sure he talks a lot of ****. But a lot of his post are intelligent. There are some lib posters on this forum who are just as controversial (borderline douchey).
    Quote Quote