Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama's 23 executive orders and gun control

1. -1
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!

Obama's 23 executive orders and gun control

Details of 23 executive actions
    The White House released details on the 23 executive actions that Obama signed this afternoon. They include:
    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    11. Nominate an ATF director.
    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
    Looking through these, on the surface I don't see any that specifically bug me or make me think my guns are in danger. is this groundwork being laid to later take them away or is this an actual well thought out plan to hopefully keep guns out of the hands of those who won't use them responsibly?
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of these are already laws on the book. IMO this was 23 ways to make people feel good for nothing. I get a better feeling going to Baskin-Robbins or taking a dump.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

None of these kids better be from Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan or Somalia. I'll drop a bomb on their a**.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post

None of these kids better be from Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan or Somalia. I'll drop a bomb on their a**.
    I'm not really sure what that has to do with the 23 executive orders. I see people raging against them, or about them, but I've yet to see any reasonable thoughts for or against these 23 orders.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I'm not really sure what that has to do with the 23 executive orders. I see people raging against them, or about them, but I've yet to see any reasonable thoughts for or against these 23 orders.
    Most of these are already laws on the books. Plus the last thing I want is to be lectured by a president about gun violence while he arms drug cartels and jihadists in Syria. Not to mention a drone bombing campaign that has killed countless innocent people. In short Obama can piss up a rope with this "do as I say not as I do" nonsense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's another beauty from the king....

Revealed: America’s Arms Sales To Bahrain Amid Bloody Crackdown

http://www.propublica.org/article/am...rain-crackdown

Gives us a speech about gun violence and why the 2nd amendment should be infringed on while selling weapons to an oppressive regime that kills anyone who dares to stand up to their brutality.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking through these, on the surface I don't see any that specifically bug me or make me think my guns are in danger. is this groundwork being laid to later take them away or is this an actual well thought out plan to hopefully keep guns out of the hands of those who won't use them responsibly?
    Some of those actually help and are somewhat of a no brainer. Only people with the most extreme views are against mental health requirements and improved background checks.

While i havent read every post in every thread about gun control recently(come on guys, theres been alot), ive been wanting to thank this forum: i have yet to see a post blaming video games and movies for these sorts of crimes. Its a giant aggravation for me and i appreciate everyone using some common sense on that matter. I bring that point up specifically because, naturally:

Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence

Anyways, id consider most of the orders fairly mild. In fact, i believe he could have worked with Congress, even this Congress, to pass alot of those.

The non-executive order stuff is basically a reinstatement of the assault rifle bill that Clinton signed. I only glanced over it, but it looked largely the same. I did keep an eye out for my favorite provision: the ability to continue selling assault rifles. Hilariously its still in there. Only in America can you ban something but legally still sell it.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the reasonable people had been saying this wasn't going to be much of anything for the past week or so. People are fed fear-mongering tales of tyranny and blah blah by the partisan hacks, so they freak out without bothering to research for themselves. All executive orders really are are directives to government agencies on how the President wants them to proceed. Yet, for whatever reason, we had people losing their mind, acting like he was pulling an Emperor Palpatine and disbanding the Senate or something. This is why I think people like Rush Limbaigh and Glenn Beck are nothing but detriments to our society...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He used kids as props today. F him, Rush and Beck. Put them all on an island and blow it the F up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Obama's 23 executive orders and gun control

I'll tell you what scares me about the whole mental health thing...if legislation is not written correctly then we are putting our right to bear arms solely in the hands of psychologists. If written incorrectly, they could say that you have to prove your mental competence to buy a gun or ammo. That is straight up bull ****! They could then just say no one us computer and effectively circumvent the constitution which equals tyranny!

However, I have very little problem with doctors being able to "flag" individuals who are unfit. That flag should have very strict parameters and should be nearly as rare as forcibly committing someone. This flag should only pertain to weapon purchases and not ammo add I fell that is way too intrusive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote