Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama's 23 executive orders and gun control

1. -21
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I think at an early age, with the proper studys and exams we can better identify high risk people. almost all of the recent school shootings had a guy who was the quiet guy in the back of the room who was bullied more often than not. first, we have to fix the bully issue, but if we know someone has been bullied, then perhaps we need to talk with them and not write it off as... "well bullies happen, you'll get over it." sometimes people do not get over it.
    Bullies have always existed. They always will. Its a Utopian dream to think that someday we will obliterate bullies. One could consider Obama a bully for ramming his ACA down Americas throat. Maybe it's time we looked at a real problem.....people who bought into that "it takes a village" BS Hillary spewed. It takes a mother and a father engaged and involved in their kids life. Paying attention to signs the kid displays. Teaching the kid how to stand up for himself. Encouraging a kid to develop healthy interests.
    The village mentality relieves parents of responsibility for their own kid and absolves them from being held responsible for their kids actions. Hey, it's easier to dope the kid up, lock him in a room playing HALO or COD3 and then expect the school and the kids doped up gaming buddies to raise him. Parents involved in their kids lives would have played a greater part in stopping the mass shootings in Newtown, Aurora and Arizona than these Executive suggestions ever will.

I wish we could sterilize idiots again. We need to stop people from peeing in the gene pool anymore.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Point 16 is completely troubling to me, what does the doctor do with the information if you tell him since the doctor is bound through doctor patient confidentiality, so you have given him permission to ask a question that he is not allowed to talk about? I'm not sure what the intent of this order is unless they want to make the Doc a snitch. This order is more troubling than any other order on the list to me, since it puts a person in a moral bind, you have already implemented a background check that should include prior mental health records, why does the doctor need anymore input on the subject beyond treatment?
    Dont doctors technically break confidentiality when it comes to certain situations? Suspected child abuse and gun shot wounds are reported to law enforcement. I know that mental health professionals are required to report their own patients to law enforcement if they believe they are a threat to themselves or others. Seems like this is just adding to the list of things a doctor is allowed to legally do.

While i have no doubt that the sentence isnt the exact language used on the order, the key part of it might be the "does no prohibit". That wouldnt necessarily mean the doctor is forced to interrogate their patient, but would allow them to look into questionable behavior.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doctors are obliged to report someone they consider a imminent danger to themselves or others. Thats why they have involuntary commitment for whatever the appraisal time is. You can't ask a medical doctor to make a psychological judgement like that regarding firearm sales because they dont have a background to go off of.

The only person that should be deemed unfit is the one that has been ruled so by a psychiatrist after a thorough mental examination. You cant expect Marcus Welby to do Sigmund Freuds job
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Doctors are obliged to report someone they consider a imminent danger to themselves or others. Thats why they have involuntary commitment for whatever the appraisal time is. You can't ask a medical doctor to make a psychological judgement like that regarding firearm sales because they dont have a background to go off of.

The only person that should be deemed unfit is the one that has been ruled so by a psychiatrist after a thorough mental examination. You cant expect Marcus Welby to do Sigmund Freuds job
    I wouldn't trust Sigmund Freud to do Sigmund Freud's job. Dude was crazy...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I wouldn't trust Sigmund Freud to do Sigmund Freud's job. Dude was crazy...
    Yeah, but in his time he was considered one of the best.

What will people 100 years from now consider our mental health professionals?

Time is the prism everything finally gets judged through
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Yeah, but in his time he was considered one of the best.

What will people 100 years from now consider our mental health professionals?

Time is the prism everything finally gets judged through
    Not really. His contemporaries thought he was bat**** too. The only reason he got so much publicity was because of how hyper-sexualized his work was. Psychoanalysis is pretty much the only thing of importance taken from him, and that's little more than an entertaining parlor trick...
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Not really. His contemporaries thought he was bat**** too. The only reason he got so much publicity was because of how hyper-sexualized his work was. Psychoanalysis is pretty much the only thing of importance taken from him, and that's little more than an entertaining parlor trick...
    Hush your mouth....i love The Mentalist....<its a joke for those of you besides Locke, who gets its a joke>
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Looking through these, on the surface I don't see any that specifically bug me or make me think my guns are in danger. is this groundwork being laid to later take them away or is this an actual well thought out plan to hopefully keep guns out of the hands of those who won't use them responsibly?
    Needs to concentrate on balancing the Federal Budget. Quit wasting our money. This is not his job.
    Quote Quote