Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

Mcshay says he has been speaking to NFL scouts who are scared out of their mind to take t'eo they think he might be mentally unstable. This story is completely bizarre and he might of made the whole thing up. Mcshay says some scouts are even taking him completely off their board. So my question is if he fell to the 2nd or 3rd round would u take a chance? We do need a game changing linebacker but the guy appears to be off track upstairs. What do u guys think?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. He's an average linebacker to begin with. I've never felt like he was a great linebacker. Part of his appeal to the masses was his story. People buy into that and then believe that people are better than they really are. (ie: Tim Tebow). And if it turns out that he was indeed part of this hoax to gain popularity or earn sympathy Heisman votes, etc., then I'd definitely stay very far away. One of the most appealing things about Manti was his leadership ability. And if it turns out that it was a fraud all along, it will kill his draft stock within front offices and he'll need to have a one in a million combine.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    No. Too much of a distraction.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @jcane dude had 7 ints though. I think he is better than avg
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    Most of those were luck...ball bounced his way...

He sucked against nfl worthy talent...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's better than average in college football. You watch the guy play...and I mean truly watch the guy play, and he's just not that impressive. You can't rely on stats to tell you the whole story. This dude got physically trampled in the national title game against a really dominate team. Alabama is NFL Lite. That's what he's going to face on a day to day basis. He needs to get a lot stronger because those Alabama boys were faster, moved him off and away from the football with ease and just made him look silly.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Bama game basically wrecked his stock. Went up against NFL caliber talent and got mowed to the side.

Dude is a average LB that should be taken in the 3-4th round. Add in this mentally unstable fiasco and this guy drops to the 5th round IMO. I personally wouldn't want him on my team. What if this dude snaps one day?

Average LB that was made a superstar over a fake sob story.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @jcane true, he got dominated by those nfl ready OL for alabama and he kept missing his gap assignments and over ran the wholes. I played MLB for 10 yeara of my life and he just looked lost. Some are apeculating though that he was dealing with the issued of this hoax so he wasnt all there for this game. I would pass on him too but I'm saying is if a top 15 talent falls to the 3rd round and he is sitting there for u to take dont u almost have to entertain the idea?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    BIG_FISH_RI

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree and disagree with JCane
    If you watch this kid play he is the real deal. the kid reads and reacts to what he see's very quickly. He gets to the ball carrier with minimal wasted movements and he is a very good tackler. I have to disagree with you there. He is much above average player.

However, when he played against Bama - a team that is very NFL like. he was missing. he was getting covered up, he was not getting to the ball. he looked below average in that game. Can you make a full assement of a player off of one game? Did this scandel play a role in his performance? Was the stage too big for him? Did he just play against talent that was far more dominate then him?

A lot of questions. so to answer the OP question...............NO I would not take him in the 2nd and I would MAYBE take a play on him if I saw him in the 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @jcane true, he got dominated by those nfl ready OL for alabama and he kept missing his gap assignments and over ran the wholes. I played MLB for 10 yeara of my life and he just looked lost. Some are apeculating though that he was dealing with the issued of this hoax so he wasnt all there for this game. I would pass on him too but I'm saying is if a top 15 talent falls to the 3rd round and he is sitting there for u to take dont u almost have to entertain the idea?
    You always entertain the idea. ALWAYS.

Personally, I don't feel that his draft stock will fall much at all. There are always teams out there who are more desperate than others and are willing to take a chance. Big picture, just how big of a deal is this if the kid can play at the next level? It stings now but it'll pass. I've seen far more wild things happen with players and they be brushed under the table.
    Quote Quote