Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: TK's State of the Dolphins Part I

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ocean County, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

TK's State of the Dolphins Part I

I hope you guys can forgive me as my enter key on my keyboard is broken so I cannot breakup my post. Maybe a mod can help me break it up? I have been a long time semi-lurker on Finheaven and am an admitted pessimist in life but a Miami Dolphins optimist. I don't post much but right now I want to talk about an optimistic state of the Dolphins considering most FH posts are mostly negative.

Owner- Mr. Ross. I really did not know what to think of this man and was easily swayed by the FH opinion that he was a Jerry Jones-type owner. I sincerely believe that he has turned the corner and has realized that he has hired millions of dollars of help and that he can step back and see what the people he can hired can do. I won't say much about Ross except for the fact that I believe it takes time for owners to develop just as much as it takes for QBs to develop.

HeadCoach- I really like Joe Philbin. I think he brings a no-nonsense structure to our team and it's refreshing. He did make numerous mistakes but he is a first time head coach! I believe that he was one of the key 'cogs' in Green Bay's machine and they are worse without him- which means that we are better off because we have him! He is an empathetic man and it shows. I feel like players appreciate that (if you have the right ones) and I think we will get them if we don't have some already. Moving on to the team!

Quarterback- This is my favorite. I am a full-fledged Ryan Tannehill supporter. I know his stats weren't great, but I watched him make so many throws on 3rd and long to complete first downs that I had my mind made up by mid-season-- he can get it DONE! I also truly believe that he will. He can make all the throws and is faster than given credit for. He does need some weapons, though!

WR- I really like Hartline and he has emerged as one of my favorite players. I know he does not get given much credit but he runs a squeaky-clean route and can move the chains. Sure he is not a touchdown machine but if he can get you close than all you need is a closer. Hartline reminds me of Decker (not because they are both white) without Deckers YAC skills. If Hartline were a Peyton Manning Receiver he would have 1500 yards year in, year out, he simply gets it done. We need to resign him. I like Bess a lot but I believe he can be bumped down to #4 I think we need a game-breaking slot. I like what Mathews can offer but we need to develop him. I think we should add Jennings logically but secretly hope it's Wallace or Bowe. I hope we draft early WR's as well- Ryan needs help.

TE- We need help. I don't care who it is but the Giants have shown you can take big bodied player and make him an asset seam-buster. We need to find ours. I like Clay but don't think he is an every down TE. He is more of a hybrid. We need a seam-buster.

RBs- I have a love/hate relationship with Reggie and kinda hope he moves on. I wanna see what Lamar has and would like a pick or two here. I think Thomas can tote the rock but only in a supplemental role-- I don't care if he stays or goes. The O line I am happy with Pouncey but am scared to decrease continuity. I think we need to resign Long if possible even if he is hurt a lot. If the contract is ridiculous obviously let him walk but I think we need him, the rookie isn't ready.

Defense- I like Randy but I am not sure if his heart is fully in it, and I think Odrick can step up. I love Wake and would love to see Vernon across from him. I am uninspired by our linebackers and would like to add youth to the position. The corners are a mess and Smith looked good at the beginning this year but he is unfocused and cares more about himself than his game. We need team players. See you later Sean. I am extremely excited about the progression of Reshad Jones and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He can do it all (and DOES). Clemons, eh, take him or leave him.

As far as special teams go Brandon Fields is a BOSS and Carpeter can go S a D.. I don't care for him anymore he loves shanking field goals. I am sorry for my long post without breaks but I think our team has a bright future. I want to add WR, CB, LB, DE, OL , RB, FS in the draft and we have the picks to do it. I think Ryan will take the next step and bring our team forward. We deserve it as fans. We have been through it all together.

I love you guys! PS Part II will be after the draft (even if no one cares )!
    Last edited by Wildbill3; 01-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    EARTHCWAKEEEEEEEEEEE! #91
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybobommy View Post
    I hope you guys can forgive me as my enter key on my keyboard is broken so I cannot breakup my post. Maybe a mod can help me break it up? I have been a long time semi-lurker on Finheaven and am an admitted pessimist in life but a Miami Dolphins optimist. I don't post much but right now I want to talk about an optimistic state of the Dolphins considering most FH posts are mostly negative.

Owner- Mr. Ross. I really did not know what to think of this man and was easily swayed by the FH opinion that he was a Jerry Jones-type owner. I sincerely believe that he has turned the corner and has realized that he has hired millions of dollars of help and that he can step back and see what the people he can hired can do. I won't say much about Ross except for the fact that I believe it takes time for owners to develop just as much as it takes for QBs to develop.

HeadCoach- I really like Joe Philbin. I think he brings a no-nonsense structure to our team and it's refreshing. He did make numerous mistakes but he is a first time head coach! I believe that he was one of the key 'cogs' in Green Bay's machine and they are worse without him- which means that we are better off because we have him! He is an empathetic man and it shows. I feel like players appreciate that (if you have the right ones) and I think we will get them if we don't have some already. Moving on to the team!

Quarterback- This is my favorite. I am a full-fledged Ryan Tannehill supporter. I know his stats weren't great, but I watched him make so many throws on 3rd and long to complete first downs that I had my mind made up by mid-season-- he can get it DONE! I also truly believe that he will. He can make all the throws and is faster than given credit for. He does need some weapons, though!

WR- I really like Hartline and he has emerged as one of my favorite players. I know he does not get given much credit but he runs a squeaky-clean route and can move the chains. Sure he is not a touchdown machine but if he can get you close than all you need is a closer. Hartline reminds me of Decker (not because they are both white) without Deckers YAC skills. If Hartline were a Peyton Manning Receiver he would have 1500 yards year in, year out, he simply gets it done. We need to resign him. I like Bess a lot but I believe he can be bumped down to #4 I think we need a game-breaking slot. I like what Mathews can offer but we need to develop him. I think we should add Jennings logically but secretly hope it's Wallace or Bowe. I hope we draft early WR's as well- Ryan needs help.

TE- We need help. I don't care who it is but the Giants have shown you can take big bodied player and make him an asset seam-buster. We need to find ours. I like Clay but don't think he is an every down TE. He is more of a hybrid. We need a seam-buster.

RBs- I have a love/hate relationship with Reggie and kinda hope he moves on. I wanna see what Lamar has and would like a pick or two here. I think Thomas can tote the rock but only in a supplemental role-- I don't care if he stays or goes. The O line I am happy with Pouncey but am scared to decrease continuity. I think we need to resign Long if possible even if he is hurt a lot. If the contract is ridiculous obviously let him walk but I think we need him, the rookie isn't ready.

Defense- I like Randy but I am not sure if his heart is fully in it, and I think Odrick can step up. I love Wake and would love to see Vernon across from him. I am uninspired by our linebackers and would like to add youth to the position. The corners are a mess and Smith looked good at the beginning this year but he is unfocused and cares more about himself than his game. We need team players. See you later Sean. I am extremely excited about the progression of Reshad Jones and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He can do it all (and DOES). Clemons, eh, take him or leave him.

As far as special teams go Brandon Fields is a BOSS and Carpeter can go S a D.. I don't care for him anymore he loves shanking field goals. I am sorry for my long post without breaks but I think our team has a bright future. I want to add WR, CB, LB, DE, OL , RB, FS in the draft and we have the picks to do it. I think Ryan will take the next step and bring our team forward. We deserve it as fans. We have been through it all together.

I love you guys! PS Part II will be after the draft (even if no one cares )!

Lol... an extensive post... Ross doesn't have the ego of JJones in Dallas. He is a marketer though, hence the celebrities and proposed changes to the stadium and logo.

Tannehill is a work in progress and may or may not be the Franchise QB, but he did flash at times and gives us hope for next season. It almost feels odd not to have QB as a major need in the upcoming FA or draft.

As for Hartline, he is an over achiever, but you have to applaud his efforts with his limited natural talent. WR and TE are major areas to be addressed, as does CB and DE.

I enjoyed your enthusiasm.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty solid
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good work. Don't agree with everything, but it's a pretty good summary.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    good write up
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ocean County, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Thanks sorry for one big post :-/ Trying to be optimistic . I'm a true lifelong fins fan and hope to see them well into January next year
    Quote Quote