Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Even with Jennings and Hartline, our O won't be good without TE

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=az fin fan;1064564550]. He just needs to stay healthy. Also can you imagine what his stats would be here in Miami with not as many weapons to throw to as the packers have.
    [QUOTE]

The flip side is with all the talent surrounding him in Green Bay he didn't see much in the way of double teams
    while if he was in Miami he'd see much more double teams
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Personally I would try to resign Fasano, try to get one of the premier WR in FA, and draft Eifert. That kid is going to be special, especially around the redzone. I would hope Miami could trade down, and then get Eifert, but if they were to get him at #12, I would not be upset. In time Tannehill will be the happiest Dolphins player on the team, on Miami taking a shot on a TE so early.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ct.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Martellus Bennett is also a FA. He had a good year for the Giants.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ct.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And Fred Davis too but he's coming off an achilles injury.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It has been mentioned before that in a WCO we don't need a proto-typical #1 receiver (size, strength, vertical, etc). What we need are smart receivers who can run clean routes, make catches in traffic, especially in the redzone...so Jennings fits the mold well and would certainly be OUR #1 receiver, and a fine one at that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get Jennings and Wallace in FA. Draft a TE round 1 that can block and be a threat down field. 2nd round draft a true power RB and press CB. 3rd draft a passrusher DE and a left T for depth or maybe start and move to RT.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FH

Unfortunately, the draft only has 2 marquee talent TE's. After Eifert and Ertz, both of which look good to me, I think all of the other TE's are developmental role player types. The problem with the FA TE's is that most are poor receivers with major cases of the dropsies and inconsistent patterns and high price tags. I definitely think TE is an area where we need to land a primary talent (pushing Fasano back to #2 TE), but things sorta need to break right for us.

Since there are good choices for a FA WR (e.g. Jennings) and a wealth of good WR prospects in the draft, I think we need to take advantage of that. Grab 1 FA WR to lead the corps immediately and tutor the youth. Then grab 2 draftees with our early draft choices and groom them to become a fearsome WR corps. Yes, I'd love to pick up Ertz or Eifert in round 2 as well, but I just wonder whether either will be available.

My best case scenario would have Patterson in the 1st, Ertz with 2a, and then add another WR with 2b or one of our 3rds. It's obviously a very heavy investment into the WR position, but I think we both need it and would be getting value with those early picks.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    You state that Cook is staying in Tennessee...link?
    It is rumored they are going to tag him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ching-changes/

Jared Cook doesnít understand Titans coaching changes

Thatís not sitting all that well with tight end Jared Cook. Cook is slated to become a free agent come the end of the league year and he expressed confusion about what the Titans are doing with their staff, including the decision to relieve tight ends coach John Zernhelt of his duties with the team.
    ďI didnít get [linebackers coach] Frank Bush at all, and I donít get Coach Z either,Ē Cook said, via Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. ďI am very surprised at that, very surprised. I just donít understand that move. Point black. Period. I mean, Coach Z was a great run blocking coach and he really explained the run game and he really broke things down to where you could really understand things better. And he was great in the development of all of us. I just donít get why you would want to let a guy like that go.Ē
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 01-18-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dont bother signing Jared Cook. Just draft his younger version in Jordan Reed in the 3rd. That'll make us forget all about Michael Egnew. He's horrid as a blocking TE, but Jared Cook was the same size as Jordan Reed is coming in, albeit 2 inches shorter and 3 lbs heavier.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we have Jennings, Hartline, Fasano, Bush, Miller, and the offense still isn't producing, I think some of the blame will have to go to Ryan Tannehill. If a QB needs to be surrounded by 5 megatrons in order to produce, he's probably not a franchise QB.
    Quote Quote