Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even with Jennings and Hartline, our O won't be good without TE

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign Wallace
    1. Kennan Allen
    2a. Ertz
    2b. CB
    3a. Stedman Bailey
    3b. RT

Profit.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, if Hartline is your #2, you're doing something wrong.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
    If we have Jennings, Hartline, Fasano, Bush, Miller, and the offense still isn't producing, I think some of the blame will have to go to Ryan Tannehill. If a QB needs to be surrounded by 5 megatrons in order to produce, he's probably not a franchise QB.
    I agree witht he concept and use (unfortunately bringing him up) buttfumble as the prime example of that

However if you look at the top QBs

Brady = Gronk/Ridley/Varenn/Lloyd/Hernandez/Welker
    Rodgers = Jennings/Cobb/Finley/Jones/Nelson
    Brees = Colston/Sproles/Moore/Graham/even Ingram started to produce
    Peyton = Decker/D.Thomas/McGahee,Moreno/Stokley is a great #3
    M.Ryan = R.White/J.Jones/J.Rodgers/H.Douglad/T.Gonzalez

While i also believe in the concept that the QB makes the players around them better, it does work the other way as well, i agree I would expect an improvement in RT17 if he has Jennings/Hartline/Bess,Bush and sprinkle in Miller, but like the origin of this thread i dont think Fasano is anything more than a great blocker who catches 2 passes in the 1st quarter, dissapears for quarter 2 and 3, maybe makes a catch in the 4th, and i think the only reason he lead the team in TDs is b/c he was the only RZ target by defintion on the team in terms of height and overall size, i will give him props his TD catches in the back corner of the endzone agaisnt the NYJ and SF were pretty amazing, problem is between those amazing catches he dissapeaers for quarters and games on end

I do however think Clay can be a difference maker as we saw in his 2 long TDs vs. SEA and IND where he got great seperation from the LB and was a clear mismatch
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
    If we have Jennings, Hartline, Fasano, Bush, Miller, and the offense still isn't producing, I think some of the blame will have to go to Ryan Tannehill. If a QB needs to be surrounded by 5 megatrons in order to produce, he's probably not a franchise QB.
    But you see, not one of those is a megaton lol. Hartline fasano bush and miller are average at their positions. Jennings isn't a true stud either. So you're not getting him that much.

look at Rodgers. He had Jennings Nelson Cobb Jones and Finley, and still lost. And that's Rodgers.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So does that kid from Cal, Allan. Whoever we pick up as a free agent, we need to draft talented youth too.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Couldnt agree more, grab a couple WR's in the first 3 rounds. Get a DE too, since there seems to be excess in this draft also. Fill the other holes in FA.......playoff bound!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we sign Jennings and resign Hartline, that gives us Jennings as our 2, Hartline as our 3, Bess as our 4, and Matthews as our 5. That's a solid 2-5 and can get even better as Tannehill continues to build chemistry with Hartline and Bess as well as Matthews maturing because he has upside. That only leaves a certain spot for a 1 and if Philbin wants a 6. So lets either sign a true 1 like Bowe or Wallace or draft a 1. Our 6 can come from the practice squad in Tyms or Fuller or perhaps Binns. IMO that's a very good group of WR's for Tannehill to win with.

Finally, grab either Ertz or Eifert at TE from the draft, resign Fasano as our 2 TE, and continue to integrate Clay. That's a fine group of TE's as well. If we play our FA money right we don't have to invest many draft picks on offensive playmakers.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    I had this discussion with a friend today.

Reality is Jennings isn't a true number 1. He's like a 1.5. Hartline isn't a stud number 2 either. Perhaps 2.5

It appears Finley is staying in GB, Cook in Tennessee. All the Tight ends in the draft can't block and we probably won't spend a pick on one.

I believe we'll end up bringing Fasano and Reggie back, and with those weapons, the offense will be better but it still won't be very good.

Agree or Disagree?
    thats a crock, absolutely there are TE's in this draft who can block, and split out, and go down the seam quickly and catch just about everything thrown his way. His name is Tyler Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Yeah, if Hartline is your #2, you're doing something wrong.
    there are no #1's or two's or whatever....there are only guys who get open and catch the ball. Irelands reference was more in relation to stock value.
    Quote Quote