Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Schefter: Greg Jennings and Dolphins "logical fit"

  1. -21
    Fins1971's Avatar
    C'mon Dolphins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    2,665
    vCash:
    7041
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While everyone is screaming for Wallace, nobody is mentioning that the Steeelers offense was almost as pitiful as ours.

    If Wallace opens it up so much why did the Steelers only score 21 points per game the last 2 years.

    There offense isn't much better than ours and Wallace is supposedly their big play threat.

    They score 3 points more per game then us but have the best defense in the league.

    The fact that their defense allowed 47 less first downs than us would probably end up amounting to 3 offensive points per game easily.

    I'm just not convinced that getting Wallace is going to make this dramatic change. Just look at Pittsburgh's offense.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    AJFins87's Avatar
    Heavy Hitter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    141
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Pittstown, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we are going to sign either wallace, bowe or jennings, i would like to see them sign jennings. Then you have Jennings as the #1 you either have hartline or patterson/allen at the #2 and bess where he belongs in the slot. Add the TE like cook or bennett and the offense dramatically improves. In my mind though i agree with most thinking jennings would be the best of the 3 for our offense.
    A New Era

    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    PlexGod's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    818
    vCash:
    1609
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    I'll pass, give me mike wallace and kennan allen
    This would be my dream!!!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    31
    vCash:
    1115
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think overpaying is an option, just like with Flynn last year the question is will Jennings be happy with the contract that Ireland and co. offer.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,079
    vCash:
    6009
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINatic054 View Post
    I say lets double down. Sign Jennings and Bowe as well as re-sign Bush and Clemons. Then draft Millner in first and Ertz in second as well as the Tackle from LSU (sorry his name slips my mind right now) and this basically sets the offense as well as defensive backfield. Now you can focus rounds 3-7 on role players and maybe a pass rusher. What do you guys think?
    Jennings and Bowe would take up a huge amount of the salary cap, and in drafting a rookie Corner without trying to get a good corner in FA (You pickup Jennings and Bowe, your pretty much done in FA), you are setting yourself up that Milner has to be as good or better then advertised....dangerous.
    Last edited by tay0365; 01-17-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,079
    vCash:
    6009
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyndig View Post
    Milner will be long gone before we pick
    This is also very true.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,050
    vCash:
    1108
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is going to be a crazy flyer but, I do want Jennings and Patterson, but instead of getting Hartline, I think we should go bring in Ramses Barden.

    Tons of upside! 6'6 runs a 4.48 and has HUGE hands. BIGGER THAN HAKEEM NICKS.

    he would be way cheaper than Hartline and I think he has ballsload of upside.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,238
    vCash:
    1052
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINatic054 View Post
    I say lets double down. Sign Jennings and Bowe as well as re-sign Bush and Clemons. Then draft Millner in first and Ertz in second as well as the Tackle from LSU (sorry his name slips my mind right now) and this basically sets the offense as well as defensive backfield. Now you can focus rounds 3-7 on role players and maybe a pass rusher. What do you guys think?
    I doubt Miami doubles down in FA on WRs. It's only one of them. Clemons is history imo and Milliner will probably be a top 5 pick, don't see him falling outside the top 10. Scouts are saying he could be the next Revis.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,079
    vCash:
    6009
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    This is going to be a crazy flyer but, I do want Jennings and Patterson, but instead of getting Hartline, I think we should go bring in Ramses Barden.

    Tons of upside! 6'6 runs a 4.48 and has HUGE hands. BIGGER THAN HAKEEM NICKS.

    he would be way cheaper than Hartline and I think he has ballsload of upside.
    Not a good idea, I have watched many Giants games, coming out of college he was supposed to be a TD machine, not only has he fallen short in that area, he very rarely gets on the field, and when he does, he is nowhere as much a physical presence as he should be, as well as not even being able to at least average one reception a game in any given year until this year (This was his best year, actually played in 12 games, only got 12 receptions no TDs....still waiting for the 1st TD from the TD machine).

    Hartline could be a good complementry #2 receiver, or great #3 receiver....Barden has shown he's not even an ok #4 receiver.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    16phinsrfast's Avatar
    Art Damage

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    423
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    While everyone is screaming for Wallace, nobody is mentioning that the Steeelers offense was almost as pitiful as ours.

    If Wallace opens it up so much why did the Steelers only score 21 points per game the last 2 years.

    There offense isn't much better than ours and Wallace is supposedly their big play threat.

    They score 3 points more per game then us but have the best defense in the league.

    The fact that their defense allowed 47 less first downs than us would probably end up amounting to 3 offensive points per game easily.

    I'm just not convinced that getting Wallace is going to make this dramatic change. Just look at Pittsburgh's offense.
    That has a lot to do with the new OC Todd Hailey. His offenses are dink and dunk and takes the occasionally deep shot.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Schefter: dolphins have fullcourt press on cook/wallace "as we speak"
    By FINatic054 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. Rotoworld: Phins expected to make "serious" run at Greg Jennings
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
  3. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM
  4. Schefter says Dolphins are not a "viable option" for Manning
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  5. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •