Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore to test FA. Address the backup QB position here

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

FA Matt Moore to test FA. Address the backup QB position here

Appologies if this has been posted, but i did not see it.

HTML Code:
    Dolphins QB Moore to test free agent market.
    Free agent Matt Moore has informed the Dolphins that he plans to test the open market barring an "incredible offer" from Miami.
    read the rest here :http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/504478...s-player_news/

With more possibly leaving in an effort to compete for a starting job (KC, JAC, NY, etc) what do you want to see miami do with the position? The staff seems to like Devlin, do they promote him?
    Do we sign a vet to help RT and PD mature?
    Do we draft one in the mid to late rounds of this year's draft?
    Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not take a flyer on David Carr? Maybe it's just that I have a soft spot for former high draft pick QBs that never really had a chance to succeed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hardly a surprise. I would love to keep Moore as a backup, but I'm sure he wants to see if he can get a gig where he competes for the #1 spot. Good luck to him. The guy did a great job while he was here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say we draft another QB in the mid-late rounds. He may not be competing with Tannehill, but Russell Wilson wasn't competing with Jackson or Flynn before he took the whole team by storm.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Moore was absolutely nothing short of the stand up professional. He earned the starting job, and had it stripped from him. What did he do? Did he bitch? No, he HELPED the guy who took it from him. He never complained. He never whined. He came in to play and he won us a game with outstanding production.

Kudos to Matt Moore and I hope he finds his starting role, at least for another season. Someone out there will throw him a 2 year 9-10 million dollar deal and he deserves every penny.

As for Miami's backup position, they may love Devlin but I would hope we bring in a guy just under the top tier F/A QBs. I wouldn't be upset with Jason Campbell. I wouldn't be upset with David Garrard.

Or hey! Brady Quinn is available! lol
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to sign a vet who still has the fire but would be willing to take the backup role and help develop Ryan. I think it would only help him if he had someone with more experience than him on an NFL field to watch make throws and learn the ins and outs of a D while taking some mental reps.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Matt Moore was absolutely nothing short of the stand up professional. He earned the starting job, and had it stripped from him. What did he do? Did he bitch? No, he HELPED the guy who took it from him. He never complained. He never whined. He came in to play and he won us a game with outstanding production.

Kudos to Matt Moore and I hope he finds his starting role, at least for another season. Someone out there will throw him a 2 year 9-10 million dollar deal and he deserves every penny.

As for Miami's backup position, they may love Devlin but I would hope we bring in a guy just under the top tier F/A QBs. I wouldn't be upset with Jason Campbell. I wouldn't be upset with David Garrard.

You were doing great until you threw in Campbell, Garrard and Quinn.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post

Moore was outplayed and it wasn't even close
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would hate to see Moore go, but I understand him leaving. He could help a less fortunate team without a doubt. He has been a very good team player for Miami.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's going to be in high demand. NYJ,Zona, KC, Jac & TB. He's not going to come cheap either. I have a feeling he ends up in TB.

Alot of jet fans over on TGG think he'll be a jet and come cheap...we'll see.
    Quote Quote