Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFP Sunday Blitz-Greg Jennings

1. -1
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player NFP Sunday Blitz-Greg Jennings

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-5912.html

Things I Didnít Used To Know

Will Greg Jennings be a hot commodity on the open market?

*Greg Jennings is a really fine wide receiver, but he may be in for a little bit of a rude awakening on the free agent market. According to a couple of front office men I spoke with, teams might not be throwing fistfuls of cash at this two-time Pro Bowler. Why not? A couple of reasons. First, they believe Jennings wonít produce as much without Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, and without Mike McCarthy drawing up plays for him. And secondly, he is 29 years old. Jennings would have been much better positioned to make a killing if he became free after his first contract. Teams are hesitant to pay big for other teamís wide receivers in their third contracts.

This will be interesting to see how it all goes down.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good news, Miami is looking better and better for Jennings
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well that's stuff I already knew.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he'll get at least $8 mil per year on this deal...seems like a steal to me
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say get him to Miami and let's get Ryan throwing to him asap.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    This team shouldn't hesitate to match the best offer/pay him a little extra if they really want him. We need a WR way too desperately to be low balling.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FH

I agree with the logic, but that only makes him a better deal for the Dolphins unless Ireland screws it up. At 8 million or so per year he will be too expensive for Green Bay but a bargain for us. Wallace would come much more expensive, maybe along the lines of 12 million or so per year. The amount saved from adding Jennings instead of Wallace plus what we have left on our cap should allow us to be a player in FA for other very helpful FA's like Andy Levitre or Sebastian Vollmer. Jennings + Levitre/Vollmer = Good.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: NFP Sunday Blitz-Greg Jennings

8/9 million.... Sign him up please Jeffery. Use the 4 million you save compared to Wallace to sign Finley/Cook.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I think he would be solid for Joe and Sherm
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone wants one or the other. I say why not BOTH JENNINGS and WALLACE? Give WALLACE $11-12 Million, and JENNINGS 8-9, and be done w/it, already! WR problem solved! And don't hand me any CRAPOLA about "too much capspace used up", either. That's a crock!!! We're starting out w/c. $46 Million in "capspace". INCOGNITO isn't a fit for our new z-b-s. And MARSHALL has had surgery for multiple herniated discs. As far as I'm concerned, MARSHALL's a REALLY bad risk: I don't know that he was all that good to begin with. But I DO know that I don't like back injuries. We aren't talking "spasms" here: we're talking multiple herniated discs!!! And he's supposed to bear up in run support (inter alia)????? Anyone remember DARRYL GARDNER at all? From beast to mush, after back surgery. Remember him now?

I added it up: cutting INCOGNITO and MARSHALL adds up to a cap saving of close to $10 Million. And we all know that there's quite a few more players on MIAMI's roster who either don't fit what Coach PHILBIN wants to do or just aren't all that good. But they're getting millions. Well, CUT them and be done w/it!! MIAMI can do better than that. And while we're at it, say good-bye to J LONG. He doesn't really fit the z-b-s, and a player can't dominate ANYONE from the whirlpool or from a hospital bed. LONG seems to have lost it: he's been mediocre for a long time now, and he can't stay healthy in any event. And HE wants $10 Million +???

At the very least, we might be able to also get a solid CB out of F/A, or maybe a legit solid OLman who fits the new scheme.

In my opinion, since we're in the AFC East, w/N.E. and TOMMY boy, we need another pass-rusher at DE or OLB...the GIANTS showed everyone THAT much...TWICE!!! This year, MIAMI has 5 Picks in the 1st thru 3rd Rounds of the Draft, and as luck would have it, there are a lot of good-looking pass rushing DEs and OLBs this year. Well...GRAB 2 or 3. Use some of those Picks to move back into the 1st Round, and make both 1st Round picks a pass-rusher.Take a "flyer" on another one late.

Address what needs to be addressed, and "double down". Get it done once and for all.
    Quote Quote