Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Volin: Dolphins should sign Dwayne Bowe instead of Jennings or Wallace

1. -11
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should pursue wallace first but wouldn't be mad if we get bowe
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be shocked if Miami showed any interest in Bowe. I expect they will land Jennings. I think they should land Wallace too, but, I'm not as confident about him being a Dolphins as I am Jennings. That said...Wallace would do the most for the offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    Bowe has scored 23 TDs over the last 3 years while missing only 3 games. In that same span, Jennings has scored 25 while missing 11 games. Thats not counting the 2 TDs he had in the Super Bowl!!! They're yardage per game is identical and there's only a year difference in age. Jennings is the better fit in the WCO because he has been ridiculously successful in it. He is perfect for us and injuries are the only concern!!! Great character, hands, route-running, and production. If there has ever been a no-brainer in the NFL, this is it.
    Hard to say since Bowe had Cassel and other crappy QB's throwing him the ball and Jennings had one of the best throwing to him (Aaron Rodgers) so even though the numbers favor slightly to Jennings, imagine what Bowe could do if he were in GB. I wouldnt mind any of the three, I just hope we sign one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but i will add If we sign Jennings, i hope he's healthy, it would be frustrating if he's hurt every other game, thats my only knock on Jennings
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey I am for cheaper and drafting a flyer just to keep em honest. Now we already did that with Marshall and Gates. I am not sure positive but I am assuming that Marshal was a Ireland and Philbin decision but the way it went down Gates was a Philbin decision because Ireland sounded like he was unsure of that move.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In order:
    1. Jennings
    2. Wallace
    4. Draft Pick
    3. Bowe (Consolation Prize) - His next suspension for PEDs will be 1 year long. I do not want to have Ricky 2.0.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace will not be cheap. No way Miami signs him. At least with Jennings he may still get a decent deal but not one that breaks the bank because of the Philbin connection. I'm not even considering Bowe as an option cause quite frankly I don't think Miami is considering Bowe as an option. I mean if Miami traded Vontae for his poor work ethic then I don't see them signing Bowe.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings, will be 30 when the 2013 season starts, so he isn't a long term solution to solving Miami's need for receiver. Dwayne Bowe isn't much younger at age 29. Mike Wallace is still young and could still have several good seasons ahead of him.

They each have pros and cons. Wallace could be seeking the most money and is mostly just a speed receiver. Jennings could be the cheapest of the three and he knows Sherman's offense. However he has shown his skill are on the decline and some people wonder how productive will he be away for Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay offense. Bowe has put up good numbers with limited quarterbacks but has dropped more balls. Wallace also likes to be a teams primary target, like Brandon Marshall, and Miami wants players who can shine while working well as a unit.

You can't replace experience, however there are players in the draft similar to Jennings (Robert Woods) and Wallace (Marcus Wheaton). This is not a good draft for big physical recievers similar to Bowe or Marshall. However, Green Bay's which Miami is based on, doesn't revolve big receivers. Most of the Packers receivers have been between 5'11 and 6'1 and most are right around 200 pounds. So I think Miami would like size but it's not going to be a requirement.

My personal thought would hit the draft hard for receivers make tight end Jared Cook a primary free agent target based on his age and rare skill set. If Jennings comes at a good price than I would be interested in him mentoring a young receiving corp. I would not break the bank for Wallace or Bowe, however they will both be good for the next season where ever they land. For the money it will take to sign Wallace or Bowe Miami could solve it's pass rush needs and address another area as well.

I was also wondering what Miami fans would think of a Devone Bess for Titus Young trade. Young,24, was productive with Detroit as a rookie in 2011 (48 receptions and 6 touchdowns) but butted heads with the team this year and may have worn out his welcome. Bess would look good working the slot aside Calvin Johnson and Young's 4.2 speed could be a spark for the Dolphins. It's something someone mentioned to me and I wasn't sure if I would be interested in such a deal or not.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    all 3 are immensely talent but Bowe seems to me to be a great garbage time player, he always seems to make plays when games are out of hand. I'd be a little skeptical about him. I would put him 3rd on the list.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings seems to be more dependable
    Quote Quote