Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Volin: Dolphins should sign Dwayne Bowe instead of Jennings or Wallace

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    I would love to see Jennings on the fins but the dude is a injury concern. I don't care how well someone fits if they are not on the field then it doesn't matter. Not sure why there is all this Bowe hate on here. Dude has dropped some passes but has NEVER had a good qb and has been extremely productive. Never has he had anyone to take pressure off him like Jennings and Wallace had. This next season is a huge one for this franchise given the amount of cap space, the development of Tanny, and draft choices. Not sure I would feel comfortable throwing money at a injury risk like jennings. Volin is right about Wallace, he is a flyer plain and simple. Bowe has the best skill set of the 3 imo and he would be a nice fit on the dolphins.
    Yeah I don't understand the Jennings love based on his injury history. I like the idea of signing Bowe and drafting Patterson, Ertz, AND Bailey. BOOM, instant offense.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Disagree with Ben on this one. Jennings is the perfect fit in this offense and the consumate locker room guy. I dont buy into them not pursuing a WR not just out of neccessity but, the have to have a 108 mil payroll minimum.

Regardless of who or if they sign one of the three, they still need to draft at least one WR. Ireland had better not approach this thinking that one guy will solve the problem..
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I disagree. I think one guy WOULD solve our problem. I mean, if Marshall wasn't traded then I think most people would be pretty happy with our corps so that's a bit misleading no?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Jennings > Bowe > Wallace
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Volin is trying to scare the main targets Wallace and Jennings I hope

i wouldn't mind Jennings and Patterson 1 bit!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if you go with something like that, you let Hartline walk. Personally, I'd prefer Wallace + re-sign Hartline. Then we are free to go straight up BPA the whole draft with the framework of DE/CB/TE/OL in mind.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really think if Hartline is really adamant on getting 6+ million a year, that we should go Bowe (more than any of the other top free agent receivers) instead if he isn't tagged. I like Hartline, but his inconsistency can hurt at times and it's a lot easier to get someone from the draft to compliment Bowe than Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After watching the Patriots vs. The Ravens last night it's clear to me that they need a vertical threat at the receiver position. Wallace is going to be a Patriot next season!
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    I think Bowe is talented but he is not a good fit for us. ... He's a positive test away from a 1 year ban ...
    Excellent point, and I can't believe I forgot to throw that one in ... thanks! His positive drug test issues makes him an even bigger risk. I doubt Bowe is Ireland's first choice after Marshall and Johnson ended the ways they did.
    Quote Quote