Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Violent Games Legislation Introduced to US Congress

1. -101
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I might get the clap from unprotected sex. doesn't mean i'm going to cut off my penis. I guess we could ban sex. or lock up vaginas and get a permit to use them.
    A guy comes home from work early one day. He opens the door and walks in on his wife having sex with their neighbor on the couch. In this situation the husband has many many options at his disposal and has a tough choice to make about the situation and what to do..............in the end he decided to get rid of the couch.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I might get the clap from unprotected sex. doesn't mean i'm going to cut off my penis. I guess we could ban sex. or lock up vaginas and get a permit to use them.
    Definition of WOMAN:

Life support system for a Vagina

Defintion of VAGINA:

The box a penis comes in

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    When will these people learn the simple truth of the problems in this country, my generation (the X- gens) want everyone to fix their problems for them and simply do not want to take responsibility for their lives. The rest of the world doesn't seem to have a problem with public nudity or violence in games and on TV but some how the youth of America are different, hummmmm I wonder why??????????

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that't right, a little thing called parenting.

I'm playing Black Ops 2 last night with my boy (he is 14 going on 15), some douche bag is mic'ed up and saying "I hate N-word". My son looks at me and says "I wish people weren't so ignorant on here, why the hell do they have to be so damn ignorant!" [he pushes the mute all button]. "do they think they're cool because it actually shows how un-cool and uneducated they are".

There is no call for it and it is simply done out of ignorance but my son knows why it is ignorant to judge people based on race or religious differences. Maybe if more mommies and daddies started to pass along that message we as a Nation would craw out of the 1920's.

Of I course I told my son right on about his comments and then I said to him "must be his daddie didn't love him" lol. We laughed but the problem really isn't a laughing matter.
    I can only hope most other Americans are raising their kids like you're raising yours. Excellent job, my friend...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -104
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you could somehow lock all penises and vaginas and require passing a written test to receive a key to unlock them, it would be the greatest thing to happen in this world since the invention of penicillin.

Quote Quote  

5. -105
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Are you a representative for the Fleshlight?
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The next time somebody goes to a school, jizzes all over the Kindergartners and gives them the clap, let me know.

I'm all for personal responsibility. I generally don't agree with legislation to protect people from themselves (the drug war, for example, or even something like seat belt laws). The problem with guns is you can kill lots of people, not just yourself. A whole different deal from your example.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    People have killed each other since time began. We will never stop the criminal intent on doing harm. When the blame for murder gets shifted to how it was done rather than why, we do a disservice to the victims. When you talk of denying them the tools to defend themselves, simply for political expediency, you only ensure more victims, not a safer society.

Some people on the left of this issue act as if disarming the nation would stop murders and violent crimes. Thats simply not realistic. All this babble about "if we can save just one life" garbage. That's akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water. Save one.....thousands more killed and wounded. Yeah, fair trade.
    So fewer people having guns (and guns generally being made less dangerous) would mean more gun violence. Is that what you're saying?
    Quote Quote  

7. -107

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    So fewer people having guns (and guns generally being made less dangerous) would mean more gun violence. Is that what you're saying?
    No Sir. Simply stated, show me you can disarm the criminals, and i will listen to arguments for gun restrictions. Until you have disarmed the criminals, nobody has the right to disarm law abiding people, who despite what some may claim, are the overwhelming majority.

Just like government raising taxes....show me you can cut spending and then i can listen to an argument for more revenues.

Show Mo
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    No Sir. Simply stated, show me you can disarm the criminals, and i will listen to arguments for gun restrictions. Until you have disarmed the criminals, nobody has the right to disarm law abiding people, who despite what some may claim, are the overwhelming majority.

Just like government raising taxes....show me you can cut spending and then i can listen to an argument for more revenues.

Show Mo
    "Criminals" are not the only people who commit gun violence.

Let's say for the purpose of argument that the US passed Australia-like legislation instituting a gun byback scheme and tight controls. In your view, would overall gun violence:

1. Decrease.
    2. Increase.
    3. Not be affected.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I can only hope most other Americans are raising their kids like you're raising yours. Excellent job, my friend...
    I wish we could get past the petty **** in America. When you look at race and religious hate in America and you ask someone why they "hate" there is never a good reason, it usually is some half assed answer like "well my great great grand daddy said......" or "none of them there people are any good because they don't"............don't what believe in the same things or do the same things?

You don't do the same things as your great great grand daddy did either jackass, my great grandfather drove spikes on the rail road for a living, feed 12 kids by making about 3 bucks a week busting his ass. He did it because he had 12 kids and needed to feed them and wasn't looking for hand outs. He didn't trust the bank or the government and as shortsighted as I thought his opinions were, I'm finding myself saying maybe this uneducated immigrate from Italy knew more about the ways for the world then some of the most educated people in the world.

I tell my son not everything is what it seems, remember to question what needs to be question and get as many facts about things before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If you could somehow lock all penises and vaginas and require passing a written test to receive a key to unlock them, it would be the greatest thing to happen in this world since the invention of penicillin.
    I wish I could have had this technology back when I was single and boozing all the time. My penis happened to fall into some very unsavory places back then but **** it I have some good stories to tell ohhhh and this reoccurring itch the doctors cannot identify! lol.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    "Criminals" are not the only people who commit gun violence.

Let's say for the purpose of argument that the US passed Australia-like legislation instituting a gun byback scheme and tight controls. In your view, would overall gun violence:

1. Decrease.
    2. Increase.
    3. Not be affected.

Last month, a gun buyback in Oakland brought in a mountain of guns, but thousands of dollars went to dealers and collectors who were unloading cheap or antique guns at a profit, not reducing the private arsenal of the inner city.
    According to Oakland North’s analysis, the city has seen 117 homicides as of early December, 14 more than last year's total. And of the nearly 1,600 reported shootings in Oakland last year, 143 of the victims were 17 years old or younger. In addition, six of the 91 people who died in gunfire-related incidents were younger than 17.
    http://www.baycitizen.org/blogs/puls...lence-oakland/

I don't know the details of the Australian buy back (My Internet connection sucks right now), but there is one thing that is for sure different in the US than anywhere else. We were raised on a culture of guns being a right, not something the government gave you.
    Buy backs are great for clearing out the old and useless guns law abiding citizens want to get rid of. If you're counting on gun buy backs to eliminate weapons and drasticaly reduce gun violence on any grand scale, you're in for a rude awakening.
    Quote Quote