Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Violent Games Legislation Introduced to US Congress

1. -131
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Violent Games Legislation Introduced to US Congress

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Oh hell no man.............I have skillzzzzz.........like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills not to mention I'm pretty good with a bow staff!!!
    Sweet jump! You got like three feet of air!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

How much you wanna bet I can throw this football over them there mountains...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I don't know if you're being purposefully evasive but I was asking you to pick one of three options.

In Australia I'm pretty sure what they did was seize the guns and then give fair market value to their owners, if that helps you choose.
    How did that work out for the Native Americans?

And i wasn't trying to be evasive, i didn't feel like i could answer intelligently since i did not know specifics about the Australian initiative. I can only judge such things by gun buy back programs here in the US, and by and large, they do little to nothing to curb gun violence.

Criminals arent turning in the guns, and criminals commit the largest portion of gun violence, not counting suicides.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -134

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Oh hell no man.............I have skillzzzzz.........like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills not to mention I'm pretty good with a bow staff!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    How did that work out for the Native Americans?
    It's hardly the same thing. Australia gun owners had a vote and a voice, and it was still approved. The Native Americans, uh... didn't.

And i wasn't trying to be evasive, i didn't feel like i could answer intelligently since i did not know specifics about the Australian initiative. I can only judge such things by gun buy back programs here in the US, and by and large, they do little to nothing to curb gun violence.

Criminals arent turning in the guns, and criminals commit the largest portion of gun violence, not counting suicides.
    Comparing the efficacy of voluntary buybacks in certain cities with the potential efficacy of a country wide mandatory buyback is simply no comparison at all. I mean, let's be honest about that. You can debate how much the decrease in gun violence in Australia is attributable to their gun control initiatives but to dismiss it as not a relevant example, or less relevant than what we've done with buybacks? C'mon. Let's not play such a silly game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh, a MANDATORY buyback. That makes all the difference. We all know that criminals don't participate in voluntary buybacks ... unless it's an extra gun they stole just for the purpose of selling ... but they'd be hard pressed to opt-out of a MANDATORY buyback. It's not like they could give up any guns they have licensed and just keep those guns the authorities don't know about.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Oh, a MANDATORY buyback. That makes all the difference. We all know that criminals don't participate in voluntary buybacks ... unless it's an extra gun they stole just for the purpose of selling ... but they'd be hard pressed to opt-out of a MANDATORY buyback. It's not like they could give up any guns they have licensed and just keep those guns the authorities don't know about.
    Are you not aware that Australia's mandatory buyback coincided with a 59% drop in gun violence?
    Quote Quote  

8. -138

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hardly the same thing. Australia gun owners had a vote and a voice, and it was still approved. The Native Americans, uh... didn't.

Comparing the efficacy of voluntary buybacks in certain cities with the potential efficacy of a country wide mandatory buyback is simply no comparison at all. I mean, let's be honest about that. You can debate how much the decrease in gun violence in Australia is attributable to their gun control initiatives but to dismiss it as not a relevant example, or less relevant than what we've done with buybacks? C'mon. Let's not play such a silly game.
    Australia is surrounded on all sides by water....we have 2 huge countries bordering us on the north and south. Not much in the way of alcohol came from Canada thru the northern border during Prohibition did it? Mexicans dont cross our border illegaly daily do they? You cant hold Australia up as example without acknowledging that they have far less to worry from black market goods crossing their border.

Besides, as everyone knows, Australia is a land populated entirely by criminals .....
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Australia is surrounded on all sides by water....we have 2 huge countries bordering us on the north and south. Not much in the way of alcohol came from Canada thru the northern border during Prohibition did it? Mexicans dont cross our border illegaly daily do they? You cant hold Australia up as example without acknowledging that they have far less to worry from black market goods crossing their border.
    A perfectly reasonable point, which I have already acknowledged. But I also don't think Prohibition or the drug war is a very good analogy for gun control, either.

What if anything do you think the results of the Australian initiative have to say about the "criminals don't follow the laws and would be/are emboldened by gun control legislation" line of reasoning?
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you not aware that Australia's mandatory buyback coincided with a 59% drop in gun violence?
    Yes, and I'd need to know how they defined gun violence before making any comment about a "59% drop in gun violence". Was self-defense included in gun violence? Accidental deaths? Police officers justifiably shooting criminals?
    Quote Quote