Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 173

Thread: Violent Games Legislation Introduced to US Congress

  1. -51
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    4,070
    vCash:
    16641
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Violent Games Legislation Introduced to US Congress

    The video game bull crap is just as bad as the gun control bull crap. It is all crap and is lipstick on a liberty-robbing pig! How about we start holding idiots accountable for their behavior and parents accountable for their idiot kids.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,455
    vCash:
    10619
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Playing Super Mario Bros. always gives me the desire to kick the **** out of turtles and throw balls of fire at furry mushrooms with eyes. Damn abominations.

    You play on Xbox...?
    For years yeah. I sold my xBox a ways back and will be re-buying one again soon. I had xBox Live for a while too but only played NBA 2K11 with it.

    ---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

    Statler does bring up a good point. What if the government decided that all "violent" video games should be banned. That the only games we could play are pretty much wii games. Princess and plumber s***. A clear attack on the 1st amendment. How is this any different than banning parts of the 2nd amendment??
    You really think a potential ban on Grand Theft Auto is the same as a potential ban of a weapon that if in the wrong hands can kill anyone and lots of them? The only similarity in my eyes is talking about a ban of something that isn't a necessity for one to live their life.



    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    10,054
    vCash:
    13292
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Its pretty amazing how strict they were for my first 17 or 18 years, and how well theyve taken some of the **** Ive done over the past 4 or 5.
    They realized there was no hope for you.

    No ****s were given anymore.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,870
    vCash:
    5460
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    For years yeah. I sold my xBox a ways back and will be re-buying one again soon. I had xBox Live for a while too but only played NBA 2K11 with it.
    Hit me up once you're back on live, we'll game it up. A bunch of Finheaveners are on there, but I've only really ever had a chance to play with Spesh. We'll turn ourselves into violent, baby-punching, rock eating neanderthals, since that's what video games do to people...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,574
    vCash:
    40599
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I probably worded that wrong. I just meant that a 30 hour video game is more likely to influence someone's thinking than a 3 hour movie.
    I don't agree that it does, personally. I've never punched someone because I spent the whole day playing Street Fighter but everyone who watches a Bruce Lee movie will punch or kick someone afterwards. Video games are just not that involving emotionally, in my opinion. They're not as purposefully manipulative. I've played the most violent video games the world has to offer and have never felt even an iota different. The ritualistic telling of stories, and certain kinds of stories told in a certain way, is ingrained on a much more primal level. Of course, many video games especially nowadays try to use the power of storytelling to make their games more involving, to the point where some people consider video games art. So that blurs the line. Either way, I'm against censorship of them.

    I also don't think "ability to influence" should be part of a discussion on limiting speech. That's a awfully subjective slippery slope. Even the illegality of inciting riots, which I generally think is acceptable, is prone to abuse.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The video game bull crap is just as bad as the gun control bull crap. It is all crap and is lipstick on a liberty-robbing pig! How about we start holding idiots accountable for their behavior and parents accountable for their idiot kids.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    ....probably because that actually makes sense and doesn't increase the size or control of government :-P
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,788
    vCash:
    13488
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I don't agree that it does, personally. I've never punched someone because I spent the whole day playing Street Fighter but everyone who watches a Bruce Lee movie will punch or kick someone afterwards. Video games are just not that involving emotionally, in my opinion. They're not as purposefully manipulative. I've played the most violent video games the world has to offer and have never felt even an iota different. The ritualistic telling of stories, and certain kinds of stories told in a certain way, is ingrained on a much more primal level. Of course, many video games especially nowadays try to use the power of storytelling to make their games more involving, to the point where some people consider video games art. So that blurs the line. Either way, I'm against censorship of them.

    I also don't think "ability to influence" should be part of a discussion on limiting speech. That's a awfully subjective slippery slope. Even the illegality of inciting riots, which I generally think is acceptable, is prone to abuse.
    I do agree with you. I was speaking more hypothetically. Diving into a 30+ hour game would theoretically have more of an impact that a 3 hour movie would. I'm not in any way advocating censorship.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,574
    vCash:
    40599
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I do agree with you. I was speaking more hypothetically. Diving into a 30+ hour game would theoretically have more of an impact that a 3 hour movie would. I'm not in any way advocating censorship.
    Agree to disagree on that point. Doesn't matter if it's 30 hours or 300 hours. If it doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect you.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Valandui's Avatar
    Lumberjack Batman

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,788
    vCash:
    13488
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Agree to disagree on that point. Doesn't matter if it's 30 hours or 300 hours. If it doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect you.
    It's cool. My biggest issue is really with the attempt to legislate morality in the first place.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    4,070
    vCash:
    16641
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Violent Games Legislation Introduced to US Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    ....probably because that actually makes sense and doesn't increase the size or control of government :-P
    Isn't that the truth!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 25 Years of Research on Violent Games
    By Locke in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 02:33 AM
  3. Violent Video Games Numb Players to Real-Life Brutality
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 07:38 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 06:09 PM
  5. well I introduced myself before
    By duss12 in forum Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •