Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Herald suggests CB Richard Marshall is a candidate for offseason release

1. -31
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Not a waste of money if they sign small deals w/o guaranteed money.
    5.5 mil a year isnt a small deal, bud. Thats more than SS and vontae were making.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure how much is due or when, but clearly there's a lot left to play out among our DB's. Aside from needing to lock up Reshad Jones, I'd say everyone else is negotiable. My guess would be that Dmitri Patterson or Marshall would be retained, but likely not both. Depending upon whether we resign Smith and Clemons, we'll probably need to bring in new DB's via the draft and possibly FA too.

This is one area that I think will get a lot of well deserved coverage in the offseason and preseason. Hopefully we can get it all sorted out in the back so we can concentrate on the front 7. Our DL will be tweaked, but if we lose Starks that's a major adjustment.

Our LB corps really has zero depth and is nearing rebuild time, so I think we bring in at least 1 young LB as well. Dansby is coming back for 2013 I'd think, but 2014 is entirely up in the air. Burnett hasn't been stellar IMHO, but I'm not sure we can replace him inexpensively and he doesn't need to be replaced by a rookie yet. Somewhere our LB corps needs to come up with more forced fumbles and interceptions.

This year it's the DB's that need attention, but we need to get it fixed, because next year it'll be the LB's I think.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He didn't Also, we could have signed Reggie Wayne for similar money.
    I'm not arguing the Marshall deal. Which IMO was a bad signing.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket2981 View Post
    Exactly right, it all depends on how much of our own free agents we resign before the opening of the new league year. With our 46M$ in cap space, figure if we resign the following free agents at these cap costs:

Long: 8m$
    Smith: 6m$
    Hartline: 5M$
    Bush: 5m$
    Starks: 6M$
    Clemons: 3M$
    Fasano: 3M$

It leaves us with only about 10M$ in cap space to sign our draft class and to spend on other free agents, not enough.

So you better cut Marshall and Patterson to give us another precious 7.5M$ more, then you could sign someone like Jennings or Bowe + our draft class...
    Sean Smith is going to walk (he wants a LOT of money that the Dolphins will not give him)
    I believe Jake Long will walk
    Hartline is probably going to get closer to 3-4 million per year (if he re-signs at all)
    I think Reggie Bush walks initially - if he can get someone to pay him 5+ million a year in free agency more power to him, but I predict he'll come crawling back to Miami on the cheap
    Fasano will re-sign probably in the 1-1.5 million dollar range, if he does resign.

So that leaves Randy Starks - I would give him something close to the deal Paul Soliai got.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    Sean Smith is going to walk (he wants a LOT of money that the Dolphins will not give him)
    I believe Jake Long will walk
    Hartline is probably going to get closer to 3-4 million per year (if he re-signs at all)
    I think Reggie Bush walks initially - if he can get someone to pay him 5+ million a year in free agency more power to him, but I predict he'll come crawling back to Miami on the cheap
    Fasano will re-sign probably in the 1-1.5 million dollar range, if he does resign.

So that leaves Randy Starks - I would give him something close to the deal Paul Soliai got.
    If Hartline sneaks into the ProBowl he'll want a lot more money.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    oh don't start with that again. First you and I have no idea what dynamics played in the dolphins training facility. we have no idea what conversations played out between reggie wayne's agent and ireland. Niether of us knows if an offer was made if wayne actually wanted to come here without manning, nor what amount it would've taken to bring in a reciever that is on the wrong side of 30. Just because he had a great season, in no way means he would've had a great season here, nor does it mean he'd continue to have great seasons down the road. A lot of ifs, when it WAS clear we'd entered full rebuilding mode, not championship mode. So please stop with the Ireland wasted money and didn't bring in reggie wayne. Finally a point you and others NEVER addressed, was how hard would it have been to redo another player's contract to free up room if we DID indeed want to sign reggie wayne. You guys keep ignoring that little bit for freeing up money, you act like it wasn't even an option.
    Every FA signing being cut or injured is absolutely an issue. It's horrendous. I also agree that we could have restructured contract to get a halfway decent WR. Problem is, we didn't. We tried to roll with No Hands Naanee.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    If Hartline sneaks into the ProBowl he'll want a lot more money.
    I think hartline is going to get 5m either from us or someone else.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    I really thought he'd be a great under the radar signing. What a disastrous FA period last year was.
    I liked the signing when it looked like Ireland was addressing our terrible depth issue at CB and Marshall looked like he could be a decent nickel, then we went ahead and traded Vontea.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    please shut up about reggie wayne people.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2012/9/13/33...anapolis-colts

ndianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne revealed in a radio interview with WNDE in Indianapolis that he took less money to stay in Indy and remain a Colt.Wayne said he didn't expect to be with the Colts again as free agency wore on, but when they called, he decided to come back.
    "I will say I took a lot less money. I will say that, but this is where my heart was, this is where I wanted to be."
    we never had a shot unless we threw a stupid amount of money at him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    5.5 mil a year isnt a small deal, bud. Thats more than SS and vontae were making.
    I clearly said Marshall was a bad signing.
    Quote Quote