Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Herald suggests CB Richard Marshall is a candidate for offseason release

1. -61
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The way free agency is covered we always know for most part but like I said you want it to fit your way of thinking that we had no chance to sign Wayne. If we had interest there are very few secrets much like how the whole Harbaugh thing came to light. We all know we never pursued wayne which in the beginning and end was a mistake but Ireland never makes mistakes with some on this board
    Again you are speculating and trying to make it fit YOUR way of thinking. Sort of like MarshallFin1 and his "Armando tells me I need to know". Neither of us know the full story and to act like one way is definitely accurate is a waste of time. The actions of Wayne lean my way of thinking, but I am not going to pretend like it is 100% accurate. We will never know for sure and arguing about it is a waste.

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Again you are speculating and trying to make it fit YOUR way of thinking. Sort of like MarshallFin1 and his "Armando tells me I need to know". Neither of us know the full story and to act like one way is definitely accurate is a waste of time. The actions of Wayne lean my way of thinking, but I am not going to pretend like it is 100% accurate. We will never know for sure and arguing about it is a waste.

we never once showed any interest in Wayne that was reported anywhere, but everyone knew we were going after Manning. Im not trying to pick a fight but if we wanted wayne we would have heard something. Its obvious we never really looked at wayne and decided to spend that kind of money on a guy that was one of the worst starting cbs during his time in carolina and thats why he was playing for cheap in az.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland had a horrible free agency period last off-season, just let people say that to get it off their chest. Not everything needs to be turned into a debate.

It would be like if Jim drives his car into a river, John says "wow, Jim's a bad driver". Can't we just leave it at that?

Does Jack really need to chime in with "well, not necessarily, Jim had a few drinks first of all, plus the roads were bad and his car had bald tires. And he couldn't really afford to put on new tires after he spent all his money on booze, now could he?"

Actually, once he gets the insurance check for the car he ruined he'll have lots of money to pick out a brand new car. Some would argue around here that this proves Jim is actually a good driver...
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also dont want to hear about we didnt have money and all that crap because we carried over 5 million in cap with worthwhile players out there and we pursued manning (well tried since he woudnt even speak to our gm until Marino stepped in)
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another horrific free agent signing...
    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    If Hartline sneaks into the ProBowl he'll want a lot more money.
    Good luck with that. A short, possession receiver with average speed and hands that struggles to get separation from any cornerback that's not AJ Jefferson on the Arizona Cardinals or the New England Patriots secondary.
    I love Brian Hartline, but I'd wait to see if he repeats his feats in 2013 before shelling out some large payday for him - and I believe that is what the Dolphins FO is trying to do as well.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    Good luck with that. A short, possession receiver with average speed and hands that struggles to get separation from any cornerback that's not AJ Jefferson on the Arizona Cardinals or the New England Patriots secondary.
    I love Brian Hartline, but I'd wait to see if he repeats his feats in 2013 before shelling out some large payday for him - and I believe that is what the Dolphins FO is trying to do as well.
    He's an unrestricted free agent in a month...
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    we never once showed any interest in Wayne that was reported anywhere, but everyone knew we were going after Manning. Im not trying to pick a fight but if we wanted wayne we would have heard something. Its obvious we never really looked at wayne and decided to spend that kind of money on a guy that was one of the worst starting cbs during his time in carolina and thats why he was playing for cheap in az.
    how many hours into free agency was it when wayne signed back with indy? comeon man you're starting to sound worse than junc.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    He's an unrestricted free agent in a month...
    I understand that. I'd give him a one year, "show-me-what-you-got" deal myself. I don't think he should command a lot of money especially if we are going to nab a big catch in the wide receivers pool (either a Jennings, Wallace or Bowe). His role and targets should be greatly diminished in 2013 with a true #1 receiver opposite him. In the two years combined where he was opposite Brandon Marshall, he caught 78 balls for 1,164 yards and TWO touchdowns - reminder, that's over 32 games. Are you comfortable paying 5+ million a year for a receiver who will give you 40 catches and 600 yards and maybe one touchdown?
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    how many hours into free agency was it when wayne signed back with indy? comeon man you're starting to sound worse than junc.

Im pretty sure his agent gauged interest. We signed justin smiley minutes into free agency. Very little is unknown when it comes to teams interests nowadays. Miami showed no interest in Wayne. I could less about u comparing me to junc because you havent brought anything to table in this discussion. everyone was shocked when he resigned with Indy and its because teams did not show the interest they anticipated. Waiting around in free agency would probably have cost him money. we were too busy chasing a dream that didnt even want to talk to us as well as signing a cb that has never been a good starter over a season
    Quote Quote