Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Herald suggests CB Richard Marshall is a candidate for offseason release

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im pretty sure his agent gauged interest. We signed justin smiley minutes into free agency. Very little is unknown when it comes to teams interests nowadays. Miami showed no interest in Wayne. I could less about u comparing me to junc because you havent brought anything to table in this discussion. everyone was shocked when he resigned with Indy and its because teams did not show the interest they anticipated. Waiting around in free agency would probably have cost him money. we were too busy chasing a dream that didnt even want to talk to us as well as signing a cb that has never been a good starter over a season
    he wasn't signed to be a starter in Miami
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    he wasn't signed to be a starter in Miami

If thats true then we were even more stupid to pay him almost 6 million a year wouldnt u agree. He played for basically minimum the previous year then we pay him like 6 times as much the next year , helluva deal.
    We actually dont know what he was signed for since they decided to make him a starter right away
    I also never said we signed him to be a starter but its a bad business decision to sign a nickelback for more than 5 million a year. lets see invest minimum salary at wr starter but this much at nickelback.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket2981 View Post
    Exactly right, it all depends on how much of our own free agents we resign before the opening of the new league year. With our 46M$ in cap space, figure if we resign the following free agents at these cap costs:

Long: 8m$
    Smith: 6m$
    Hartline: 5M$
    Bush: 5m$
    Starks: 6M$
    Clemons: 3M$
    Fasano: 3M$

It leaves us with only about 10M$ in cap space to sign our draft class and to spend on other free agents, not enough.

So you better cut Marshall and Patterson to give us another precious 7.5M$ more, then you could sign someone like Jennings or Bowe + our draft class...
    I've got a better idea. Cut MARSHALL and INCOGNITO. MARSHALL's history because of herniated discs, and INCOGNITO doesn't really fit the z-b-s. Right there, you save close to $10 Million in cap room, if I remember correctly, and I think I do. As to PATTERSON, you can't cut ALL of our CBs: that would be silly. Keep him for a while and see what happens in F/A and the Draft.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    I've got a better idea. Cut MARSHALL and INCOGNITO. MARSHALL's history because of herniated discs, and INCOGNITO doesn't really fit the z-b-s. Right there, you save close to $10 Million in cap room, if I remember correctly, and I think I do. As to PATTERSON, you can't cut ALL of our CBs: that would be silly. Keep him for a while and see what happens in F/A and the Draft.
    U can when they have a history of being as below average as all of them. Patterson for cheap is ok but for 5 million its horrible
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    U can when they have a history of being as below average as all of them. Patterson for cheap is ok but for 5 million its horrible
    I am sure if they decide they want to keep Patterson long term they will redo his contract to pay him less money per year. Don't see them carrying him at that high of a salary, but his contract is perfect in the fact that there is no dead money tied to Miami if they do cut him.

Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I am sure if they decide they want to keep Patterson long term they will redo his contract to pay him less money per year. Don't see them carrying him at that high of a salary, but his contract is perfect in the fact that there is no dead money tied to Miami if they do cut him.
    The problem with that scenario is he really has no real motivation to restructure because if he gets cut and resigns with another team he would likely make more money since he would receiver more money from the idiotic browns that signed him to that contract. As bad as the marshall contract was this was a worse one because Patterson has never showed much
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If thats true then we were even more stupid to pay him almost 6 million a year wouldnt u agree. He played for basically minimum the previous year then we pay him like 6 times as much the next year , helluva deal.
    We actually dont know what he was signed for since they decided to make him a starter right away
    I also never said we signed him to be a starter but its a bad business decision to sign a nickelback for more than 5 million a year. lets see invest minimum salary at wr starter but this much at nickelback.
    your math is a little fuzzy, his contract in Arizona was one year for $3.5 million, in Miami he got three years for $5.3 per year. not quite 6 times the amount. also, they traded Davis in August so 5 months later isn't exactly deciding to make him a starter "right away". starting free agents signed for $10 million per year last year, not sure why half that for a nickel is such bad business
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Garrard was the only that "was STARTER", and even he signed a 1 year deal.
    If he signed a 1 year deal, then he was NEVER penciled in as the starter.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    your math is a little fuzzy, his contract in Arizona was one year for $3.5 million, in Miami he got three years for $5.3 per year. not quite 6 times the amount. also, they traded Davis in August so 5 months later isn't exactly deciding to make him a starter "right away". starting free agents signed for $10 million per year last year, not sure why half that for a nickel is such bad business
    when u invest 1 mill in starting receiver , yes 5.3 is horrible for a nickelback.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    when u invest 1 mill in starting receiver , yes 5.3 is horrible for a nickelback.
    Brother relax they will re-do that deal if they feel he is worth it.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote