Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 141

Thread: Miami Herald suggests CB Richard Marshall is a candidate for offseason release

  1. -81
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,853
    vCash:
    33942
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Brother relax they will re-do that deal if they feel he is worth it.
    well obviously their values concern me since they valued them at that rate in first place. I mean u pay scrub ol lineman hicks 2 million, very average to below avreage starter Marshall 5 million a year.
    I have not one slight bit of faith in Ireland as Gm and he has not earned one bit of faith from me
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Fin Fan in Cali's Avatar
    RIP Gary Moore

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    25,785
    vCash:
    227
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    well obviously their values concern me since they valued them at that rate in first place. I mean u pay scrub ol lineman hicks 2 million, very average to below avreage starter Marshall 5 million a year.
    I have not one slight bit of faith in Ireland as Gm and he has not earned one bit of faith from me
    When we picked him up we got his contract. Ireland had to see what he was all about and what he could do. If the Patriots picked him up and he turned into a stud for them you would be even more pissed at Ireland.

    Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,373
    vCash:
    9089
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    when u invest 1 mill in starting receiver , yes 5.3 is horrible for a nickelback.
    apples and oranges
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,853
    vCash:
    33942
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    apples and oranges
    Not really . We went cheap on starting wr and overpaid on nickelback.

    Teams only have so much cap investing 5 plus million in nickelback is never a wise investment.
    we paid marhsall slightly less than Solai and more than either starting corner.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,613
    vCash:
    10476
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Nickelback is a very important position.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Fin Fan in Cali's Avatar
    RIP Gary Moore

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    25,785
    vCash:
    227
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Not really . We went cheap on starting wr and overpaid on nickelback.

    Teams only have so much cap investing 5 plus million in nickelback is never a wise investment.
    we paid marhsall slightly less than Solai and more than either starting corner.
    I believe we had to pickup a portion of the contract. Things will get better for this team. Got to keep the faith!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,853
    vCash:
    33942
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    When we picked him up we got his contract. Ireland had to see what he was all about and what he could do. If the Patriots picked him up and he turned into a stud for them you would be even more pissed at Ireland.
    Not really. he was never good and Cleveland overpaid him. NE actually traded a 4th for a much better db than Patterson. If NE had signed him and he worked out then those are the breaks but based on his history and salary thats not a move that NE makes but Ireland yes
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    Fin Fan in Cali's Avatar
    RIP Gary Moore

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    25,785
    vCash:
    227
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Not really. he was never good and Cleveland overpaid him. NE actually traded a 4th for a much better db than Patterson. If NE had signed him and he worked out then those are the breaks but based on his history and salary thats not a move that NE makes but Ireland yes
    Come on those are the breaks? You would be ripping Ireland up and down if the Pats signed him and he kicked butt. He could come here fit in, and mesh with we got cooking here. In my career as a Product Distribution Manager I have been able to reach people that others thought no way, and I trained them and they eventually took my job and I was laid off. Would I change a thing, no way. I am not saying that is the case here, but let's wait and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,373
    vCash:
    9089
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Not really . We went cheap on starting wr and overpaid on nickelback.

    Teams only have so much cap investing 5 plus million in nickelback is never a wise investment.
    we paid marhsall slightly less than Solai and more than either starting corner.
    you have to go with the market and Marshall's contract isn't that far out of line. Jags nickel Aaron Ross got $5.1 million per year, Jason Allen with the Bengals and Tracy Porter with the Broncos each got $4+ million
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    330
    vCash:
    1562
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    keep starks and bush. everyone else can hit F/A and be replaced.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins CB Richard Marshall remains sidelined
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
  2. Richard Marshall OUT, R.J. Stanford IN for Miami Dolphins
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 12:11 PM
  3. CB Richard Marshall sign 3 year deal with Miami
    By DzakkH13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM
  4. Cardinals CB Richard Marshall on his way for a visit with miami
    By RonBrown in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •