Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins logo official unveiling on April 25th

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfield, CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam First View Post
    It was a joke. I'm talking about all the stubborn old-timers who think that the Dolphins died when they moved out of the Orange Bowl/renamed Joe Robbie Stadium.
    You mean the Dolphins who had the league's biggest home field advantage and were regular Super Bowl contenders are still around?

And to all those fretting about the new logo, Mike Dee recently stated the change is not major and that the dolphin and sun elements will remain....so this sounds like the change won't be much bigger than the one done in '97.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJam & Earl View Post
    Or the logo could be good. Why assume it is going to suck?
    Well, it's the offseason. So ...
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirwuf View Post
    You mean the Dolphins who had the league's biggest home field advantage and were regular Super Bowl contenders are still around?

And to all those fretting about the new logo, Mike Dee recently stated the change is not major and that the dolphin and sun elements will remain....so this sounds like the change won't be much bigger than the one done in '97.
    I also got the impression from the WQAM interview the other day any changes may lean more to a retro look. He comments that based on their pollings people liked the older logo more than the current. http://wqam.com/ Mike Dee interview on 1/17
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should either go with the NIKE designs that we've seen and minor changes with the logo, or go back to a retro 1970's version.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    Ill keep you guys posted on when I will be able to see the Logo, should see it 2 or 3 months before the actual unveiling
    Take a picture or a real good mental picture and draw us a quick doodle. Many of us can't wait to see what the final logo looks like. Although, like many others I think there's a better chance it's **** than a home run. I guess we will see.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Pasadena, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PASQUALE View Post
    Digital I put them on helmets:

But, I am like you I love our current one maybe some change in colors like these:

or or this

1. Old school simple, 2. darker with orange blood eye, and 3. Black outline with auqamarine body.

Seriously, this logo we currently have is good just a tweak here and there and it's better. That's the best way to go. Plus, the uniform can go retro with all of them. GO DOLPHINS!!! Will see come April if they don't **** this up you never know it could be something like mine. We can only hope.
    Dude. That same logo you post in every other thread isn't it. Let it go. Seriously.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    I still wish they'd play in the Orange Bowl.
    Who doesn't.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like this one - posted Jan. 10
    sorry if it has been put up here 100s of time before.

http://the305.com/2013/01/10/miami-d.../#.UPrTJPKoBKk
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Fin View Post
    I like this one - posted Jan. 10
    sorry if it has been put up here 100s of time before.

http://the305.com/2013/01/10/miami-d.../#.UPrTJPKoBKk
    That one is bad a$$!!! I love it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Well I like the current logo and think that each iteration has improved our logo. I also like just about all the new logo updates, so I had high hopes. But the two leaks of the new Dolphins logo thus far have looked horrible IMHO. Now I'm officially worried about what the new logo will look like, because I've lost faith that Mike Dee even knows what a good one looks like. I mean, he likes the stadium logp ... and that's woefully lacking at best.

I hope they go with something like the angry orange-eyed dolphin Pasquale tweaked of FinFan's logo.
    I wish that post belonged to me. I agree with virtually every word.

None of the updates over the decades have bothered me. When I looked at them side by side a few days ago the current one stood out as the best. That surprised me a little bit, with all the talk of returning to the vintage logo, but next to each other the darker and filled out dolphin was more pleasing.

Among the fan versions, there's no question I like the one Pasquale has been touting. I would soften everything slightly otherwise it's impressive. With the dolphin shaped like that I can ignore the lack of a helmet. I don't really even notice it's missing. The eyes are drawn everywhere, in equal doses. On other versions I hate the length or shape of the logo so much I'm begging for a helmet as a camouflage device.

The more I look at old Mike Dee quotes, I'm convinced he's the most overmatched and dangerous executive in franchise history. Wind him up and send him in any direction and he'll misinterpret the situation to remarkable degree. I remember jumping off my couch immediately when Dee announced Gator Day during that preseason game. Then he said he was surprised at the reaction, considering the teams don't play annually. Meanwhile, if you visit any major college football board there is more animosity and bad feelings among Canes and Gator fans than literally any other combination. The fact that the two teams don't play often only inflames it, because you don't get that one chance at them on the field.
    Quote Quote