Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love Jennings and one of the FA TEs so we can focus on D and depth in the draft. Id like Cook or Keller as our TE, because Finley scares me. He has the MOST potential, but if he didnt reach that in GB why would he do it here?
    As for the draft assuming we do sign one of the FA WRs, I'd love to get Allen/Paterson rd1, and one of the TEs in rd 2. Then the second 2nd rd pick could be a CB/DE.

I honestly see us only signing Jennings for offense and going heavy on Def in FA. We will focus 100% on offense in the draft, but Jennings makes too much sense not to sign him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I think we need to upgrade at WR, the pass-catching TE is one of the most important positions to have in successful teams this year. With teams doubling or getting shut-down corners, having a dangerous pass-catching TE who can get you decent YAC or find a way to be open in the end-zone is key to any successful team. 3 of the 4 final teams had top tier TE's and the 4th (Balt) used theirs as the main pass-catcher to beat the pats. Having a reliable and nearly always open TE can do more for this team than any top WR could.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    signed Greg Jennings, resign Brian Hartline

draft:TRADE DOWN get extra 2) 1 Tyler Eifert(te) 2a. DeAndre Hopkins (wr) 2b Zach Ertz (te) 2c Brennan Williams (ot) 3a. L. Ryan / L. Mcfadden / T. Hawthorne (cb) 3b. Stedman Bailey (wr) 4. John Simon (de) rest....BPA
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get Wallace speed still kills in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm surprised the only conversation is about the three top WRs in FA and nobody else. It isn't a deep group in FA this year, but there are some decent receivers beyond the Wallace, Jennings, Bowe trio. Victor Cruz may be tendered, but a first-rounder and $10m isn't completely outlandish. We can all agree it's unlikely he'll hit FA, but not impossible. Nobody bit on Wallace last year, maybe the Giants think the same will happen, tender him and somebody comes in with a big offer.

Danario Alexander of the Bolts has over 600 yds in 10 games, with 7 TDs. He's a 6'5" beast who runs in the 4.40 to 4.45 range. Good route runner too. We should really consider this guy as an option, imo.

Manny Sanders of the Steelers is a free agent. A little inconsistent and not a tall guy at 5'11" to be an x-receiver, but runs a 4.40, put up 600 yards as Pitt's #3 or #4 receiver and is a nice route runner.

Danny Amendola is a great slot guy and Bradford's favourite receiver. Nearly 700yds in 8 games started.

There are others who would upgrade our roster too. Point being we shouldn't hang our hats entirely on just three guys.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRYCRL View Post
    Ireland is too clueless to trade back. I'd trade back again and again to get as many rond 2-4 picks as I could.
    I don't understand Finheaven users logic...

First of all, I actually like Ireland as a scout and GM, he may not have hit on EVERY pick and he has made mistakes, but he has done well for our organization. Not overpaying for Kyle Orton, Matt Flynn, hitting on draft picks like Pouncey, Jones, Tannehill. Yeah the jury is still out for this past class, but he is a good GM. Sorry to break the news to Finheaven.

Secondly,
    One minute ppl bash Ireland for trading back (when we had the 12 and could have gotten Ryan Matthews or Earl Thomas) and gaining extra picks(moved back to 28, picked extra 2nd. Picked Odrick and Misi) but passing on acquiring ELITE talent when we have the opportunity.

But when there is a chance to get elite talent at 12, we want to trade back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for treading down in this draft because of the talent and our needs. If we move back and pick C. Patterson or D. Jordan or B. Mingo or K. Allen and acquire another draft pick, I'm all for it.
    But who is to say that "our guy" we are targeting in the trade down will still be there?

There is a risk involved with trading back, yes I understand that we have the chance to get more picks, but when we have 5 picks in the Top 100, we have to HIT on our early picks, and acquire ELITE level talent when given the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRYCRL View Post
    Ireland is too clueless to trade back. I'd trade back again and again to get as many rond 2-4 picks as I could.
    Also I don't understand how he is "too clueless" when every draft Ireland had been a part of he has traded down.

Sorry bud, I know you want to bash Ireland, but if your going to hate him, hate him for the right reasons.

If anything he trades down TOO much when there is elite talent available. But he has shown in this past draft that he can use his slotted pick, and even trade up for talent (L. Miller)

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd love to trade down to the bottom of the first, pick up yet another 2nd rounder and spend our top 4 picks on playmaking offensive players. Hopkins, Woods and Ertz are 3 players I would love specifically.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianbello360 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for treading down in this draft because of the talent and our needs. If we move back and pick C. Patterson or D. Jordan or B. Mingo or K. Allen and acquire another draft pick, I'm all for it.
    But who is to say that "our guy" we are targeting in the trade down will still be there?

There is a risk involved with trading back, yes I understand that we have the chance to get more picks, but when we have 5 picks in the Top 100, we have to HIT on our early picks, and acquire ELITE level talent when given the chance.
    Exactly. And I think it is probably one of those guys or a db that we will be targeting. So who is to say someone else won't snag them from us? Think if we had Earl Thomas and Jones on the same team right now...

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

[QUOTE=Crazy685; Wallace is the $300,000 Ferrari? I guess that makes Jennings the... 2 year older $210,000 Ferrari? Im seeing a WR who will command 8 million a year (speculation) versus a guy who will realistically get 12 million a year. 4 million a year difference.

Just thought is join the fun
    Those 4 mill saved from signing Jennings over Wallace can get us a OT or OG like Levitre or Will Beatty. Or a seam TE like Keller/Finley/Bennett. I think Cook will be more.

Also the talent and age difference isn't what we are choosing Jennings for. Obviously for an investment you would go with Wallace solely based on a performance standpoint, which IMO is very important, but I'm worried about him not performing once he gets paid.

He isn't the mentor or class act that Jennings is. And if we can fill another hole on our roster by saving those 4 mill and signing Jennings, who would be a GREAT addition to our team, than I'm all for it.

Quote Quote