Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

1. -51
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    Exactly. And I think it is probably one of those guys or a db that we will be targeting. So who is to say someone else won't snag them from us? Think if we had Earl Thomas and Jones on the same team right now...
    I think that Millner an Banks aren't really on the talent level that Jordan, Mingo, Jarvis Jones, K. Allen, or C. Patterson are.

CB is definitely a need for our team. But if we sign D. Cox, C. Houston, B. Grimes or bring back S. Smith than I think we can wait till 2b, 3a, 3b, or even our 4th pick for CB.

I think out first 6 picks should be
    DE - WR - WR - S - OT/OG - CB

But the first 4 are interchangeable, we need to hit on elite talent with our first pick, elite/solid talent with 2ab, and solid starter/developmental with 3ab, 4, 5, 7ab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    I'm surprised the only conversation is about the three top WRs in FA and nobody else. It isn't a deep group in FA this year, but there are some decent receivers beyond the Wallace, Jennings, Bowe trio. Victor Cruz may be tendered, but a first-rounder and $10m isn't completely outlandish. We can all agree it's unlikely he'll hit FA, but not impossible. Nobody bit on Wallace last year, maybe the Giants think the same will happen, tender him and somebody comes in with a big offer.

Danario Alexander of the Bolts has over 600 yds in 10 games, with 7 TDs. He's a 6'5" beast who runs in the 4.40 to 4.45 range. Good route runner too. We should really consider this guy as an option, imo.

Manny Sanders of the Steelers is a free agent. A little inconsistent and not a tall guy at 5'11" to be an x-receiver, but runs a 4.40, put up 600 yards as Pitt's #3 or #4 receiver and is a nice route runner.

Danny Amendola is a great slot guy and Bradford's favourite receiver. Nearly 700yds in 8 games started.

There are others who would upgrade our roster too. Point being we shouldn't hang our hats entirely on just three guys.
    I listed Cruz in one of my earlier postings ... not sure whether it was this thread or not.

Danario Alexander and Danny Amendola have very extensive injury histories. IMHO, both have proven they can play at a high level, but neither has proven they are reliable from a health stand point.

I'm not quite as big of a fan of Sanders as many people are, so I'll defer to your thoughts on that one.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah Alexander has had big knee issues but they do seem to be behind him (for now)
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Wallace's speed creates a cushion, therefore he already has some separation as his threat of deep threat creates it. Yes, he makes shorter receptions, but he doesn't have the quickness or hands that Jennings does, and he isn't as precise in his route running. Wallace drops significantly more balls than Jennings does. I'm beyond surprised that you can't see this.

As for their breaks, I'm not going to go play by play with every Jennings target this year or over his career, but watching him you'll notice that he is almost always in the right place and on the same page as Rodgers. Wallace sometimes runs his routes shorter or deeper when he crosses the middle and doesn't always appear to be on the same page as his QB. It's probably less noticable when Roethlisberger is healthy, but you see that his routs are less crisp and more approximated depth wise.

Regarding their hips, both are good, but watching Jennings you see a guy who has tremendous explosion out of his cuts. He creates separation extremely well, and that's one of the reasons he's such a great WR. Wallace certainly has explosion too, but I see far greater vertical explosion than lateral explosion from him. Wallace has tremendous accelleration and an extremely fast top speed. He eats cushions vertically at the blink of an eye, but he doesn't translate that same explosion laterally. Jennings doesn't have that extremely fasat top speed, nor is he as exposive vertically, but his explosion laterally is fantastic. Many of Jennings' routes are about creating separation by cutting into the middle where Rodgers anticipates the great lateral cut and instant separation, and Jennings catches the ball on the run. By contrast, many of his outside targets are ones where he cannot clearly separate vertically, so Rodgers throws him a back shoulder catch, which jennings great hips allow him to stop momentum, create separation towards the back shoulder throw and make the catch. He is so good at it, he can even spring back and elevate taking a CB who thinks he has Jennings blanketed and create great separation where the CB cannot even touch Jennings' arms.

Is that enough for ya? Or do I need to start linking you tube videos to illustrate it?
    I trust my own eyes...not tubes of ANY kind. I've seen a lot of both JENNINGS and WALLACE. WALLACE runs very good routes, whether YOU like it or not. Your opinion to the contrary is absurd. JENNINGS is better at it, but that's about all I can give him. He also is getting up in years, and has been injured. You can't dominate ANYONE from the Whirlpool, or a hospital bed, or while on IR. JENNINGS offers some risk. BUT STILL...I'm saying TAKE THAT RISK...just be sure to get BOTH WALLACE AND JENNINGS. Then re-sign HARTLINE, and all of a sudden, MIAMI has a killer WR Corps. On to the NEXT problem, and we will not even have used a Draft Pick on a WR.

And don't hand me the old "caproom" craparoo, either. There's a lot of people on MIAMI's roster who (a) just aren't that good; and/or (b) are making too many Millions of $$$. MARSHALL, for example, gets a few Million. He also just underwent surgery for multiple herniated discs. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not sure that he was all that good when healthy: now, he's coming off of a serious back injury. MIAMI once had an excellent DT named DARRYL GARDNER. He also had back surgery. Do any of you remember how he played AFTER that surgery? I'll give you a hint: from monster to mush.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    forget about victor cruz...there's no chance the giants let him get away...

after watching the last 3 postseason weeks if miami is bound and determined to upgrade the te position with an immediate contributor in the draft assuming they pass on the free agent options i would be ok with scooping up dennis pitta for a 2nd round tender as a rfa...one thing that really stands out about that guy is when he crosses a guys face he separates...he's become a mismatch weapon for baltimore this year and the ravens have been running a lot of clear out routes on the outside to take advantage of a flexed out pitta one on one in the middle of the field...he's murdered safeties and lbs off the los and crossing their faces all postseason...

very finesse te but he's become a weapon and looking at this te class after eifert and maybe ertz i don't think you will get the same kind of return...and i'm not sure either of those guys can separate at this stage crossing a defenders face the way pitta is showing...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should also mention Louis Murphy, the former Florida guy. 6'2" 200lbs and a 4.32 40 time back in '09.

He's been productive in the Raiders' JaMarcus Russell/Campbell/Gradkowski era and last season under the Panthers with Newton's sophomore slump - so you couldn't accuse him of having his stats padded by stellar QB play. A sure-handed deep threat receiver, still only 25 and has been very solid while flashing upside.

Very solid guy who would instantly upgrade the team for relatively small money. Florida native also.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Should also mention Louis Murphy, the former Florida guy. 6'2" 200lbs and a 4.32 40 time back in '09.

He's been productive in the Raiders' JaMarcus Russell/Campbell/Gradkowski era and last season under the Panthers with Newton's sophomore slump - so you couldn't accuse him of having his stats padded by stellar QB play. A sure-handed deep threat receiver, still only 25 and has been very solid while flashing upside.

Very solid guy who would instantly upgrade the team for relatively small money. Florida native also.

Acorn?
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Acorn?
    Hahahaha. That phrase has become the kiss of death for any player!
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    A Porpoise Driven Life....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace as the FA., Cord. Patterson as 2a and Eifert as 2b. (and although I know you didn't ask:..Ansah at 1, Resign Fasano, Hartline, Starks, Let Long and Smith walk...pick up Brent Grimes and T. Mathieu as 3b, MLB at 3a, )
    Great Offseason- Playoffs etc. etc.

For the record: After watching film on most of the draftable receivers, most are slow in and out of the breaks, Allen is slow and catches the ball into his body too much. Patterson has unique perspective on his route running and YAC, excellent vision, head fakes, catches away from his body and a passion for the game that translates into him making the most of every play. He will be the best with coaching at creating separation.
    Quote Quote