Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush- Some Good & Bad

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Reggie Bush- Some Good & Bad

I know a lot of Phans don't have PFF access. I'm going to post some signature stats from them on our FA's to be. Some do not care for PFF but, I believe most will find the info interesting, and it is something new.

Pass Blocking- #57- Bush was asked to block 67 times and gave up 7 QB hurries, not good at all.

Drops- #17 of 18- He dropped 6 of 41 catch-able passes, not good at all.

Yards Per Route Run- #12- He ran a pass route 232 times for 292 yards, which was good.

Elusive Rating- #12- This is success beyond blockers help. H caused 29 missed tackles on the run, and 7 on the pass, VG

Breakaway %- #5- Runs of over 15 yards. 16 of Bush's runs (15%) were for 319 yards. VG

Is this pretty much what everyone was thinking or, something different?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I like Reggie's ability to score but holy cow all of those negative/zero yard runs really sabotaged this offense. Despite having one of the worst run blocking lines in front of him there were far too many times he danced around in the backfield instead of taking the 3-4 yards that were there. He's frustrating to say the least.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Reggie Bush- Some Good & Bad

He is the most electric player on our team, and in open space he is one of the best in the NFL. These stats do accurately portray Bush, great open field runner, great through the second level, but he gets indecisive with hitting his holes and dances in the backfield. That paired with his mediocre run blocking hurts our offense.

IMO I think we resign him to a modest deal, losing the only playmakers on the team is not a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Old School

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    U guys kill me wit these stats. The guy is a playmaker when given the chance and its what we lack enough of on this team. Teams have to respect his speed wit him being the only person on offense who has any. If u numbers guys been paying any attention to the 4 teams that are playing this weekend. They all have speedy playmakers somewhere on the offensive field of the ball. Name me one guy on our team besides Bush.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunks View Post
    U guys kill me wit these stats. The guy is a playmaker when given the chance and its what we lack enough of on this team. Teams have to respect his speed wit him being the only person on offense who has any. If u numbers guys been paying any attention to the 4 teams that are playing this weekend. They all have speedy playmakers somewhere on the offensive field of the ball. Name me one guy on our team besides Bush.
    Funny that you complain about stats which support what you are saying. lol
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    I like Reggie's ability to score but holy cow all of those negative/zero yard runs really sabotaged this offense. Despite having one of the worst run blocking lines in front of him there were far too many times he danced around in the backfield instead of taking the 3-4 yards that were there. He's frustrating to say the least.
    Mostly agree but, Bush did a lot less dancing the year before, when the OL was getting more of a push and opening more holes than the new ZBS last year. How would you compare the two years?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a big reggie fan, but in todays NFL the running back position has been devalued. I would really like to see Reggie re-signed but not at a premium at the position (Adrian Foster or Adrian Petterson money).
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    I'm a big reggie fan, but in todays NFL the running back position has been devalued. I would really like to see Reggie re-signed but not at a premium at the position (Adrian Foster or Adrian Petterson money).
    I'm not sure it's been devlaued so much as RBs now have to be dual threats to keep defenses guessing. LeGarrette Blount has been totally eclipsed by Martin and may struggle to get a good roster spot in FA, all because he's one-dimensional. He would have been a prized commodity 5 or 6 years ago.

So, Reggie is a great fit for what a modern RB should be. Thomas receiving ability was one of the reasons Ireland over-drafted him, imo. Miller is also potentially a receiving threat.

He had way to many runs for no gain, but you have to put the majority responsibility on the o-line for that and some also on Thomas' inability to make an impact.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the stats, thanks. But, I would say that stats can often be misleading. I'd say that were Bush given more targets and incorporated into the offensive patterns more regularly that we would see production resembling his production in New Orleans, thus he would have been rated more favorably with % of drops. Basically, we didn't even throw to him until late in the season and it had mixed results. Next year with that incorporated into the gameplans during the offseason and preseason, we should see better results and more rythem in our passes to all of our RB's.

As for pass blocking, I didn't think he was too bad overall. He wasn't superb, but sometimes he was just overmatched to be quite honest. Multiple rushers breaking through, much bigger DE's, or simply such poor OL play that the rusher became his block very suddenly. Sure, he missed his share, picked up the wrong guy, and sometimes seemed half-hearted ... but a lot of starting RB's are that way when in pass protection unfortunately. They see it as a thankless play that can cause injury and detracts from them being the focal point of the offense from a running/catching standpoint. The reality is that many capable RB's end up not playing on those passing downs, being replaced with guys who specialize in being 3rd down backs and/or pass protectors. So, compared to those guys, I would expect Bush's production to be below them at pass pro. But, his ability to disguise whether it is a run or pass helps the team, while not really being measured in any of these stats obviously.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I like the stats, thanks. But, I would say that stats can often be misleading. I'd say that were Bush given more targets and incorporated into the offensive patterns more regularly that we would see production resembling his production in New Orleans, thus he would have been rated more favorably with % of drops. Basically, we didn't even throw to him until late in the season and it had mixed results. Next year with that incorporated into the gameplans during the offseason and preseason, we should see better results and more rythem in our passes to all of our RB's.

As for pass blocking, I didn't think he was too bad overall. He wasn't superb, but sometimes he was just overmatched to be quite honest. Multiple rushers breaking through, much bigger DE's, or simply such poor OL play that the rusher became his block very suddenly. Sure, he missed his share, picked up the wrong guy, and sometimes seemed half-hearted ... but a lot of starting RB's are that way when in pass protection unfortunately. They see it as a thankless play that can cause injury and detracts from them being the focal point of the offense from a running/catching standpoint. The reality is that many capable RB's end up not playing on those passing downs, being replaced with guys who specialize in being 3rd down backs and/or pass protectors. So, compared to those guys, I would expect Bush's production to be below them at pass pro. But, his ability to disguise whether it is a run or pass helps the team, while not really being measured in any of these stats obviously.
    I do agree that stats can be misleading but, not in this case. Granted that if Sherman threw to him more, his drop% would likely be better but, he did not, and the drops came on easy throws like most RB's, not deep balls in traffic, and he also had 5 fumbles.

His blocking is a pretty much who cares if he is making plays. It's not what he is paid to do but, he can improve some.
    Quote Quote