Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

... Please?

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    There should never be a debate!

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I wish...but people are still going to complain about what happened in the past...5 years ago to be exact. I mean we give hell to Jets fans bringing up their road playoff wins from 3+ years ago (and rightfully so), why can't people get over this? We've got our own first round QB and I'm sure if he had WRs like White and Jones, he'd do pretty damn well.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    I wish...but people are still going to complain about what happened in the past...5 years ago to be exact. I mean we give hell to Jets fans bringing up their playoff wins from 3 years ago (and rightfully so), why can't people get over this? We've got our own first round QB and I'm sure if he had WRs like White and Jones, he'd do pretty damn well.
    Kind of silly to continue to gripe about something that happened half a decade ago. This franchise has made past mistakes, we all know that. I prefer to look to the future and the young quarterback we do have(Tannehill) and not continue to gripe about things like Saban, Bress, Long Vs Ryan, etc. I guess some negative nancies might even want to bring Jim Harbaugh into the conversation since Ross talked to him. Or maybe how we also passed on Joe Flacco with the #1 pick. Or maybe we can go back to the 2000 draft and include passing on Tom Brady? Or back to 1998 when we passed on Randy Moss in the draft? How far do we have to go back before some people just let things go. Apparently half a decade isn't long enough.

I would rather deal with the present and the future. No we aren't where the Falcons and 49ers are at this point, but I am excited for the future of this team. I like the young quarterback they do have in place, and I can't wait to see what this team does with so much cap space and so many draft picks.

PS: Matt Ryan just threw an interception as I was typing this.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Kind of silly to continue to gripe about something that happened half a decade ago. This franchise has made past mistakes, we all know that. I prefer to look to the future and the young quarterback we do have(Tannehill) and not continue to gripe about things like Saban, Bress, Long Vs Ryan, etc. I guess some negative nancies might even want to bring Jim Harbaugh into the conversation since Ross talked to him. Or maybe how we also passed on Joe Flacco with the #1 pick. Or maybe we can go back to the 2000 draft and include passing on Tom Brady? Or back to 1998 when we passed on Randy Moss in the draft? How far do we have to go back before some people just let things go. Apparently half a decade isn't long enough.

I would rather deal with the present and the future. No we aren't where the Falcons and 49ers are at this point, but I am excited for the future of this team. I like the young quarterback they do have in place, and I can't wait to see what this team does with so much cap space and so many draft picks.

david akers just hit the crossbar and doinked it as i typed this lmao.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    David Akers has nothing to do with this thread, but nice try.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    David Akers has nothing to do with this thread, but nice try.
    your giving us a play by play on the game going on right now, it has everything to do with this thread.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    How the hell does this have anything to do with what's being discussed?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We didn't pass on Akers. What's your point
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Actually Brady has turned out to be such an outstanding player that I would hope that the Dolphins would have done a thorough post-mortem on his draft to understand why they didn't take him. There is/was something clearly wrong with how college QB evaluation is done in the league for a player like Brady to have made it all the way to the seventh round. Understanding why Brady wasn't selected might give the Dolphins a leg up in a future draft.
    Quote Quote