Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

1. -31
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Ryan versus Long aside, we're all Dolphins fans and want what is best for the team. We just disagree as to what that might be and have a little fun debating it.

What impresses me about today's game is how much fun it has been to watch. We have two offenses that are dynamic, high scoring and have playmakers. We have coaches who aren't afraid to take risks, to throw the ball long. I can't remember the last time I could say that about the Dolphins. If I have to live with Ireland as our GM I sure hope he can get Philbin the players needed to get our offense to this point.
    Well Philbin has shown he has balls of steel with some aggressive calls like the fake punt against the Rams, and the onside kick against the Jets. However, our GM doesn't and he always plays it safe and is allergic to play makers.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Pay attention. This thread is about Matt Ryan and Jake Long....not about the 49ers kicker.
    are you nublars secretary?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is not Matt Ryan alone, it is the players that they put around him. If Tannehill had Julio Jones, Harry Douglass, and others to throw the ball to we wouldn't even be discussing this.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

This sounds like more of a Jeff Ireland / Bill Parcells problem. If they didn't waste picks on clowns like Pat White....
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    And if the falcon lose this game it's back to the Ryan was the right choice, but it's a team game and not his fault his D folded down the stretch. ? Seriously i'm tired of the ryan vs. long debate, as if there ever really was a debate. I don't blame jeff Ireland for long being our 1 one pick. I blame parcels. And that being said, its not like jake has completely bombed in the NFL, he was a good choice, just not the best choice. We had no QB and we should've picked Ryan. but with that being said, we should've drafted Brees, we should've drafted Rogers, and we should've signed brees. lotsa what ifs, lotsa shouldas, and lotsa GMS that made those choices that are no longer here. Jeff picked his QB. lets worry about Tannehill's success, not Ryan's success.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    It is not Matt Ryan alone, it is the players that they put around him. If Tannehill had Julio Jones, Harry Douglass, and others to throw the ball to we wouldn't even be discussing this.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

This sounds like more of a Jeff Ireland / Bill Parcells problem. If they didn't waste picks on clowns like Pat White....
    Not that argument. Ryan is a great QB, and they put weapons around him. That's what a competent front office does. Finds a franchise QB, puts weapons around him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One team is mediocre. One team is elite. End of discussion.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post

I don't agree with the they, but I guess it's completely debatable.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    are you nublars secretary?
    Are you Nublar's shadow? You seem to follow him around in every thread it seems.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    Not that argument. Ryan is a great QB, and they put weapons around him. That's what a competent front office does. Finds a franchise QB, puts weapons around him.
    Exactly. Find a QB, put weapons around him. We may have our franchise quarterback, we'll know in two more years. Our front office has had five years to collect weapons to put around a QB and yet we have the current set of backs and receivers as the end result of that five year effort. Can anyone argue that effort has been a success? I want to see Tannehill with the kinds of weapons that they have on the 49ers or Falcons. I just doubt our current front office has the skill to make that happen -- even with five picks in the first three rounds and Fort Knox to spend in free agency.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We didn't pass on Akers. What's your point
    Quote Quote