Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

1. -51
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I guess it shouldn't be to surprising that some dolphin fans wouldn't understand what a championship game is since it's been so ****ing long. No doubt you feel the same way about Marino eh? Captain choke artist by your criteria

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    I like ryan, it took manning a few seasons to really roll it in the playoffs. Ryan is good enough he'll have more playoff wins. I'm not going to belittle his play or the fact he should've been our pick instead of long. but that train has left the station, 6 years ago. At some point I'd like to think that dolphins fans can stop holding onto past mistakes like a woman. (no offense to our... 5 female members)

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    The AFC Championship game is about to start. Who is going to start the "Can we finally put the Joe Flacco vs Jake Long debate to rest now?"

Or how about the "Can we finally put the Tom Brady vs Ernest Grant debate to rest now?" thread.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    LoL here comes the "made it to the championship game and lost" defense, too fn funny. The matty ice supporters need to hire junc for their rebuttals.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matty ON ICE for the rest of the postseason once again!

*choke*
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I guess it shouldn't be to surprising that some dolphin fans wouldn't understand what a championship game is since it's been so ****ing long. No doubt you feel the same way about Marino eh? Captain choke artist by your criteria

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    What the hell? Are you serious? Now you're just grasping at straws here dude. Of course it sucks that WE haven't had our share of success, but I in NO way put that on the shoulders of Marino...and I'm not putting Atlanta's lack of getting to the Super Bowl solely on the shoulders of Matt Ryan. Matt is a great QB and is going to have plenty of chances to get his team to the promised land. Lack of a sutained running game and inconsistent defense is what's really letting Matt Ryan down (sorta like what let Marino down).
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    LoL here comes the "made it to the championship game and lost defense", too fn funny.
    Matt Ryan isn't even on Mark buttfumble's level yet. At least he lost two Championship games.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    What the hell? Are you serious? Now you're just grasping at straws here dude. Of course it sucks that WE haven't had our share of success, but I in NO way put that on the shoulders of Marino...and I'm not putting Atlanta's lack of getting to the Super Bowl solely on the shoulders of Matt Ryan. Matt is a great QB and is going to have plenty of chances to get his team to the promised land. Lack of a consistent running game and questionable defense is what's really letting Matt Ryan down (sorta like what let Marino down).
    At least you make sense! Lets face it the Falcons are no where near the NFC championship game withouth Ryan. Yep he had back to back turnovers and yep the defense got destroyed in te middle if the field from half way through te second quarter.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    What the hell? Are you serious? Now you're just grasping at straws here dude. Of course it sucks that WE haven't had our share of success, but I in NO way put that on the shoulders of Marino...and I'm not putting Atlanta's lack of getting to the Super Bowl solely on the shoulders of Matt Ryan. Matt is a great QB and is going to have plenty of chances to get his team to the promised land. Lack of a sutained running game and inconsistent defense is what's really letting Matt Ryan down (sorta like what let Marino down).

With that said, having 2mns and the ball inside 15...you should score. Ryan was unable to LEAD his team to a victory again. He fell apart in the 2nd half. Yes the 9ers defense has something to do with that, but eventually, with those weapons, you get over the hump. He hasn't.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh man this thread. Matt Ryan sucks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

What will happen is NYJUNC will use this failure against Matt Ryan big time even though losing title games is buttfumble's claim to fame in his eyes.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote