Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i wish my offense had two all pro WRS and a HoF TE. Matt Ryan isn't THAT great but the falcons team is nasty in terms of their depth. you can't just hang the failure of our franchise on the one pick. There's a reason they call it the ultimate team game.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    david akers just hit the crossbar and doinked it as i typed this lmao.
    How the hell does this have anything to do with what's being discussed?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Kind of silly to continue to gripe about something that happened half a decade ago. This franchise has made past mistakes, we all know that. I prefer to look to the future and the young quarterback we do have(Tannehill) and not continue to gripe about things like Saban, Bress, Long Vs Ryan, etc. I guess some negative nancies might even want to bring Jim Harbaugh into the conversation since Ross talked to him. Or maybe how we also passed on Joe Flacco with the #1 pick. Or maybe we can go back to the 2000 draft and include passing on Tom Brady? Or back to 1998 when we passed on Randy Moss in the draft? How far do we have to go back before some people just let things go. Apparently half a decade isn't long enough.

I would rather deal with the present and the future. No we aren't where the Falcons and 49ers are at this point, but I am excited for the future of this team. I like the young quarterback they do have in place, and I can't wait to see what this team does with so much cap space and so many draft picks.

PS: Matt Ryan just threw an interception as I was typing this.
    Actually Brady has turned out to be such an outstanding player that I would hope that the Dolphins would have done a thorough post-mortem on his draft to understand why they didn't take him. There is/was something clearly wrong with how college QB evaluation is done in the league for a player like Brady to have made it all the way to the seventh round. Understanding why Brady wasn't selected might give the Dolphins a leg up in a future draft.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    I definitely agree with this; Ryan has turned out far better than Long. I also was part of the group that thought Long was a good pick. Ryan was good, but definitely not a can't-miss player prospect like Luck. He was a good college QB, but how many of them have never turned out? The general thought was that you didn't want to screw up a #1 overall pick. Thankfully we didn't take Gholston or Chris Long like some people we advocated. I think it was a "good" pick. Low risk, but definitely low reward. We also cannot fully connect this pick to Ireland. We do not know if Parcell's made this pick, both of them did or Long was Ireland's pick. When judging Jeff, I can only use the time when I "know" he was in charge (since Bill left)
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wanted Ryan at the time, and yet again I was right and the Dolphins were wrong. When Long is let go, the 08 draft will be a complete failure while the Falcons have arguably the best QB they've ever had and compete for SBs every year. They never looked back; Miami still can't smell .500

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    David Akers has nothing to do with this thread, but nice try.
    your giving us a play by play on the game going on right now, it has everything to do with this thread.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    your giving us a play by play on the game going on right now, it has everything to do with this thread.
    We were talking about Matt Ryan, not play by play. Again, nice try, but it was a swing and a miss in an attempt to talk smack with me. I honestly don't care who wins the Faclons/49ers game.

Did you read any articles by Armando yet today?

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Well if we are doing the play by play where is the post about Matt Ryans fumble????
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kind of silly to continue to gripe about something that happened half a decade ago. This franchise has made past mistakes, we all know that. I prefer to look to the future and the young quarterback we do have(Tannehill) and not continue to gripe about things like Saban, Bress, Long Vs Ryan, etc. I guess some negative nancies might even want to bring Jim Harbaugh into the conversation since Ross talked to him. Or maybe how we also passed on Joe Flacco with the #1 pick. Or maybe we can go back to the 2000 draft and include passing on Tom Brady? Or back to 1998 when we passed on Randy Moss in the draft? How far do we have to go back before some people just let things go. Apparently half a decade isn't long enough.I would rather deal with the present and the future. No we aren't where the Falcons and 49ers are at this point, but I am excited for the future of this team. I like the young quarterback they do have in place, and I can't wait to see what this team does with so much cap space and so many draft picks.PS: Matt Ryan just threw an interception as I was typing this.
    Regardless of how Ryan plays in this particular game, you would have to be out of your mind to take Long over him in a draft if you need a QB.And I bring this topic up and not the Brees situation cuz Jeff Ireland is still here.. Not **** bird Saban

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: Can we finally put the Matt Ryan vs Jake Long debate to rest now?

I knew somebody was going to bring up the INT as if it somehow discredits everything else he's accomplished. What are the opposite of negative nancies? Positive pansies?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote