Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

1. -101
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can understand the frustration on us missing Matty Ice. That dude was a sure thing and it still irks me that we didnt draft him with the first pick.

However to be mad about not drafting Kaepernick is just insane. NO ONE except for John Harbaugh knew this kid was gonna be that good. And plus lets give Tannehill some time folks, in the long run I think Tannehill will have the better career. That pistol offense that the Niners run is gonna get figured out just like the Wildcat.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dude look at their guys, trent dilfer would hit a second superbowl ring over there
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why no crying over missing on joe flacco. He's got a better playoff record than matt ryan. He consistantly had the ravens in contention.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Smith won coach of the year that year because he did more with less. That's what was said at the time by the media.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Romania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was watching a show on ESPN a few days ago, before the championship games. They were previewing those games and had Parcells as a guest.

When asked what he thought the strenghts of each team were, he immediately started talking offensive lines and running games, praising SF for their building up "the best OL personnel-wise in the league". Not a word about the playmakers they have.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about having a solid OL and ground game, but the game is evolving in a different direction and those things don't matter as much as they used to. Today it's all about QBs and playmakers, which he didn't seem to care about.

Then he began discussing Atlanta. He called them an atypical team, because they don't run or defend the run very well, and don't have a very good OL.

Not one word about Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, White or Gonzalez. The only positive thing he had to say about Atlanta's approach to the game was that they are a passing team that doesn't commit many turnovers and penaltyes. That was all.

In my mind, that sums up Parcells' outdated, "I'm smarter than all of you because I won games in the 80's" way of thinking. The guy wanted to bring back 1940's style football just to prove how smart he is, and to me that says it all.

What scares me is that when he came to Miami, he brought his own guys with him, guys who he thought shared this exact philosophy. Tony "let's take our hot handed Qb out of the game so we can run our stupid gimmick formation" or better yet "run, run, 5 yard pass, punt" Sparano, and Jeff "I'm going to pass on every playmaker available just to draft some guy nobody's ever heard of so I can look like a badass and prove everyone else wrong" Ireland.

To me, discussing this topic is not living in the past, because one of these guys is still with the Dolphins and will soon be in charge of 46 million in cap space and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Given his track record, I honestly see no reason for anybody to be sure that he will get the right pieces for this team. People don't change their way of thinking over night, he won't become Ted Thompson just because people want him to.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wanted him here, but lately all my wants through-out the years never really ever happened.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where is Atlantas superball ring? They are all plaing gulf sume where. Talk to me when they win a ring
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would he have wanted to the job in first place. Our front office stinks, talent stinks. the only thing we had going for us was money Ross was willing to pay. Jim said not enough money in the world to work under Ireland. he was smart.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fisi View Post
    But you also had the Atlanta Falcons, a team that was basically in the same position as Miami after the '07 season.
    Here are some of the comparisons that followed after the '07 season for both Atlanta (4-12) & Miami (1-15):

• Hired New Front Office's
    • Hired New Coaches
    • High Draft Picks For The '08 Draft: Miami had the #1 Overall Pick, Atlanta had the #3 Pick. Miami had four (4) picks in the Top 66 of the draft, Atlanta had four (4) picks in the Top 68.

From the '08 season through the '12 season, Atlanta has the following stats:

• 56 Wins and 24 Losses
    • Four (4) Playoff Appearances - Two (2) Division Champions, Two (2) Wildcards
    • One (1) Playoff Win
    • Two (2) #1 Overall Playoff Seeds - Best Conference Record
    • Five (5) Consecutive Winning Seasons

From the '08 season through the '12 season, Miami has the following stats:

• 38 Wins and 42 Losses
    • One (1) Playoff Appearance - Division Champions
    • Zero (0) Playoff Wins
    • Four (4) Consecutive Losing Seasons

Atlanta has retained 29 of their 38 picks since '08. Miami has retained only 22 of their 43 picks since '08. So with less picks, Atlanta has still retained 33% more players from their draft than Miami has. That isn't an accident. That is very good drafting by Atlanta when compared to that of Miami.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/1/2...ent-directions
    Same amount of Super Bowl wins too

Quote Quote  

10. -110
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    He wasn't coming here regardless, his whole fam is in Cali and they didn't want to move anyway.
    His whole family isnít out in the Cali. His sister lives in my town. I watch football with Jim Harbaughís brother-in-law every Sunday. Interestingly, he told me a couple of weeks ago that he tried to convince Jim to take the Miami job, mainly because of the income tax savings he would receive, but there were a few factors that guided him to remain out west. A) Obviously, not having to uproot his family was huge. B) SF had their offer on the table first. Hinting that Ross was too little too late. C) Ross was not passionate in his pursuit whatsoever. He went on to explain this last bit by saying that he was present during the much talked about flight out west of Ross and Ireland. He said that Ireland came off as uninterested and that Ross didnít seem as though he really wanted him as the HC. He said that he (the bro-in-law) personally met with a couple of different GMís and owners and that Ross came off as the least interested in Jimís services of the group. D) Ross didnít let Tony go before pursuing him. He said it spoke volumes on what type of owner he would potentially be working.

Iím not trying to Ross or Ireland bash with this. Lord knows there are plenty of those posts around here. Iím just regurgitating what was said to me from, what I feel, is a very credible source. After all, who has better insight than the man who breaks bread with Harbaugh on holidays?

Quote Quote