Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

1. -141
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I do not get tired of reading the hatred for Ireland...and the comedy of reading about his good work and the reasons of why he should be an executive in the NFL.

There will be time for mock drafts later, followed by the draft and then the tar and feathering of the ball boy at Joe Robbie Stadium immediately following round 3.
    bull****. the last draft was widely considered a great draft for Ireland/philbin. I'm more than sure with a full year of working together ireland and philbin can come up with an even better draft this season.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    bull****. the last draft was widely considered a great draft for Ireland/philbin. I'm more than sure with a full year of working together ireland and philbin can come up with an even better draft this season.

Bull****? We disagree my friend.
    The pundits rated the draft a C - to a B -, I personally think it was a C.
    He chose a TE over many quality receivers in a draft that was stocked with quality through round 4 in the very year that he selects his franchise QB. Why wait? they could have grown up together in 2012.
    Martin, considering where he was drafted, started out extremely poor (pan caked on a regular basis, played weak) and for a while there looked like a complete bust. Based upon his play at LT he looks serviceable, but IMHO he is still a concern. I do not rate him above Jake Long.
    Ireland has a track record of mistakes and creating new holes to fill by correcting those mistakes.
    The team has 10 million in dead cap money on a regular basis over the last few years...not great management...again..those mistakes.
    Ireland has a track record of poor picks in rounds 2-3.
    His FA signings have been horrible.
    The selection of Tannehill had more to do with Shermin's familiarity with him, Philbins desire for a better QB suited for the WCO short passing game than any input of Ireland IMHO.
    I will say it again, Ireland sucks, and more than a few of the knowledgeable regular posters on this site could have done a better job drafting the last 3 years using just the internet as a resource.
    I may be in the minority, but this issue should be front and center. Ireland needs a bonfire under his asss.
    If the site chooses to merge them, so be it. This is your ball park.
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Bull****? We disagree my friend.
    The pundits rated the draft a C - to a B -, I personally think it was a C.
    He chose a TE over many quality receivers in a draft that was stocked with quality through round 4 in the very year that he selects his franchise QB. Why wait? they could have grown up together in 2012.
    Martin, considering where he was drafted, started out extremely poor (pan caked on a regular basis, played weak) and for a while there looked like a complete bust. Based upon his play at LT he looks serviceable, but IMHO he is still a concern. I do not rate him above Jake Long.
    Ireland has a track record of mistakes and creating new holes to fill by correcting those mistakes.
    The team has 10 million in dead cap money on a regular basis over the last few years...not great management...again..those mistakes.
    Ireland has a track record of poor picks in rounds 2-3.
    His FA signings have been horrible.
    The selection of Tannehill had more to do with Shermin's familiarity with him, Philbins desire for a better QB suited for the WCO short passing game than any input of Ireland IMHO.
    I will say it again, Ireland sucks, and more than a few of the knowledgeable regular posters on this site could have done a better job drafting the last 3 years using just the internet as a resource.
    I may be in the minority, but this issue should be front and center. Ireland needs a bonfire under his asss.
    If the site chooses to merge them, so be it. This is your ball park.
    clearly bull****.

Mel Kiper had us at a solid C. Upon further review he gave us a B- and he always takes points off because we're the dolphins.

Post-draft grade: C

Summary:
    The Dolphins' draft looks better today. Ryan Tannehill was a value question for me at the No. 8 spot, but Miami didn't want to mess around with trading down and hoping he was still there, so the Dolphins stuck with a plan and got the guy they wanted. They also created what should have been one of the smoother system transitions in recent memory by hiring Tannehill's college coach (Mike Sherman) to call plays. Tannehill had some highs, and he clearly showed why we consider him a high-ceiling talent, but on the aggregate he was a roller-coaster -- up one week, playing poorly the next. Maturity, experience and some weapons could mean a much better 2013. Jonathan Martin settled in on the right side and played pretty well, and Olivier Vernon might someday take over for the great Cameron Wake. Rishard Matthews might also be a late developmental value after seeing the field the last few games of the season. This could be a good draft, but it's all about whether Tannehill can take the next step. I think he can.
    New grade: B-
    Fox sports

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...-draft-review/

B+

I'm not going to bother going any further than that. I'm sure the average grade is going to be a B across the major sports networks for our 2012 draft. Not my problem if you choose to drink straight lemon juice and believe we had a bad draft.

As for the ireland front and center sucks threads, come up with something new and it'll stick. but the majority of the fans are tired of the same old ****. I'm merging the refried beans.
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jones is a strong safety. He doesn't have deep, make-up speed. Jones might be the best strong safety in football.
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    Sorry but you are actually wrong about this. The reason we drafted Odrick was because we were using the 3-4. After Jason Ferguson retired we announced that Randy Starks would be switching to NT opening up a gaping hole at RDE. That is why we drafted Odrick. He got injured early in the season and Starks kicked back outside to RDE and Soliai to NT, where Soliai then quickly developed into the NT we know and love today.
    We were still pretty loaded at DE and NT without Ferguson at the time whereas we had a gaping hole at FS. We still have a gaping hole at FS.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    clearly bull****.

Mel Kiper had us at a solid C. Upon further review he gave us a B- and he always takes points off because we're the dolphins.

Fox sports

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...-draft-review/

B+

I'm not going to bother going any further than that. I'm sure the average grade is going to be a B across the major sports networks for our 2012 draft. Not my problem if you choose to drink straight lemon juice and believe we had a bad draft.

As for the ireland front and center sucks threads, come up with something new and it'll stick. but the majority of the fans are tired of the same old ****. I'm merging the refried beans.
    2008: Grade: A
    2009: Grade: B-
    2010: Grade: B+
    2011: Grade: B-

There's a chance Pouncey, Jones and maybe Odrick will be the only players left on the team after next season from those 4 drafts so forgive me for not taking draft grades less than a year removed from the actual draft too seriously.
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slim said It best on the draft review. you got your own opinion fine. but forgive me if i'm not a big fan of the moving target debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    2008: Grade: A
    2009: Grade: B-
    2010: Grade: B+
    2011: Grade: B-

There's a chance Pouncey, Jones and maybe Odrick will be the only players left on the team after next season from those 4 drafts so forgive me for not taking draft grades less than a year removed from the actual draft too seriously.
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island
    Thanks / No Thanks

We passed on Ryan, and we passed on super bowl mvp Flacco

To draft a fat always hurt Left freaking tackle? Wtf is wrong with us! For everyones sake I really hope in 3-5 years Tannehill is holding high the Vince Lombardi trophy more than once for that matter!

P.S No SUPERBOWL TEAMS HAVE STAR LEFT TACKLES! Such an over rated stupid position in this days football!

Tannehill 17
    KNOWS

Quote Quote  

9. -149
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

10. -150
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeoSpikesNeck View Post
    To draft a fat always hurt Left freaking tackle? Wtf is wrong with us! For everyones sake I really hope in 3-5 years Tannehill is holding high the Vince Lombardi trophy more than once for that matter!

P.S No SUPERBOWL TEAMS HAVE STAR LEFT TACKLES! Such an over rated stupid position in this days football!
    Thank you Jeff Ireland. Thank you Bill Parcells.
    Quote Quote