Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richie Incognito headed to the Pro Bowl

1. -31
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Congrats to the three of them. Well done!

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe next will be Reshad Jones when Ed Reed drops out? Or has that already happened and Byrd got it?
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by maralieus View Post
    Maybe next will be Reshad Jones when Ed Reed drops out? Or has that already happened and Byrd got it?
    He wasn't named an alternate to my knowledge. Which is ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    He wasn't named an alternate to my knowledge. Which is ridiculous.
    the whole process is stupid.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    Yeah I assumed it's just that I didn't see any game this year where he looked like a pro bowler. They really need to find make a new voting system cause I don't see how guys like Pouncey, Fields, and Jones get snubbed but this jacked up Gerber baby looking guy makes it. I feel like I could make a montage of him looking confused and on an island while Tannehill is getting crushed. Maybe I'm wrong though - can anyone give me an idea of his overall performance on the year? I didn't see much.

Edit: speaking of, isn't Soliai a reserve? Will he get in because Ngata is in the Super Bowl?
    IMHO the main culprit of the flawed system is the allowance of fan voting. Fans should never be allowed to vote for a game like the pro bowl. The NFL is the only sport that allows fan voting and the Pro Bowl is the worst all star type game in all of sports. Its a huge fallacy. Get rid of fan voting is the first step to bring SOME credibility back to the pro bowl.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    IMHO the main culprit of the flawed system is the allowance of fan voting. Fans should never be allowed to vote for a game like the pro bowl. The NFL is the only sport that allows fan voting and the Pro Bowl is the worst all star type game in all of sports. Its a huge fallacy. Get rid of fan voting is the first step to bring SOME credibility back to the pro bowl.
    Maybe Im tired but all the all star games of all sports are chosen by the fans the starters that is. I think the fans get a bad rap, they voted in Brandon Fields yet the players and coaches saw otherwise. The fans actually do no worse than the coaches and players who should know better
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Average is putting it mildly. Incognito sucks, and I hope he's not on the team next season. That guy is as much of a hole on our offensive line as Jake Long. Garbage. The nice thing is this is the last Pro Bowl game, so no longer will the NFL have to reward mediocre players to the Pro Bowl any more.
    They may not be as good as we like, but neither player is even close to being "garbage". You sound like a very petty person to be referring to people you have never met before as garbage. I wonder if any of your co-workers think that way about you.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Miamifinz;1064566961]Yeah I assumed it's just that I didn't see any game this year where he looked like a pro bowler. They really need to find make a new voting system cause I don't see how guys like Pouncey, Fields, and Jones get snubbed but this jacked up Gerber baby looking guy makes it. I feel like I could make a montage of him looking confused and on an island while Tannehill is getting crushed. Maybe I'm wrong though - can anyone give me an idea of his overall performance on the year? I didn't see much.

In the case of Pouncey; I think he is the victim of having a twin brother with better name recognition. This past year Mike clearly outplayed his brother, but the one that plays for the more established team (Steelers) got in and Mike didn't.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Maybe Im tired but all the all star games of all sports are chosen by the fans the starters that is. I think the fans get a bad rap, they voted in Brandon Fields yet the players and coaches saw otherwise. The fans actually do no worse than the coaches and players who should know better
    Some 12 year old kid who goes on NFL.com will vote for Pat Devlin if that's who his favorite player is. How many Colts fans voted in Jeff Saturday because of their loyalty to him? There's more credibility given to the players/coaches voting than the fans.. Also there are far more fans than players (hundreds of thousands or even millions more) so the 30%, 30%, 30% rule is actually a skewed number in favor of the fans.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Some 12 year old kid who goes on NFL.com will vote for Pat Devlin if that's who his favorite player is. How many Colts fans voted in Jeff Saturday because of their loyalty to him? There's more credibility given to the players/coaches voting than the fans.. Also there are far more fans than players (hundreds of thousands or even millions more) so the 30%, 30%, 30% rule is actually a skewed number in favor of the fans.
    Im just saying there were crappy picks by players and fans and such .
    Im also sure the fans have nothing to do with alternates
    Quote Quote