Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Yeatman to be our new RT?

  1. -41
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,573
    vCash:
    11933
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    jason peters should have been drafted but see yeatman as nowhere near this kind of prospect
    Peters was a TE coming out of college. Buffalo moved him to OT. I agree that he isn't the same kind of prospect, but as a possible RT in a ZBS Yeatman could be a worthwhile experiment.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Peters was a TE coming out of college. Buffalo moved him to OT. I agree that he isn't the same kind of prospect, but as a possible RT in a ZBS Yeatman could be a worthwhile experiment.
    maybe but he just seems a waste of a roster spot so far
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,573
    vCash:
    11933
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    maybe but he just seems a waste of a roster spot so far
    We don't have any shortage of those lately.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,792
    vCash:
    4788
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    maybe but he just seems a waste of a roster spot so far
    And your years of NFL and collegiate coaching experience has led you to this belief...?

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    And your years of NFL and collegiate coaching experience has led you to this belief...?
    its called an opinion. So I guess nobody on this site should have an opinion since most of us are not college or nfl coaches.
    I form that opinion based on the lack of playing time that he has had with plenty of opportunity to play. the little I have seen he looks like just cannot handle the tackle position.
    So I get your point no opinions allowed on finheaven
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,792
    vCash:
    4788
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    its called an opinion. So I guess nobody on this site should have an opinion since most of us are not college or nfl coaches.
    I form that opinion based on the lack of playing time that he has had with plenty of opportunity to play. the little I have seen he looks like just cannot handle the tackle position.
    So I get your point no opinions allowed on finheaven
    Seeing how he is a young guy who is still developing, I fail to see how his playing time is indicative of his ability to turn into a productive player. Rishard Matthews didn't get much playing time either, is he a waste of a roster spot? Training camp rosters are set at 92 (approximately), which means that about 40% of every team's training camp roster is fodder and could be called a waste of space. So I don't see why you would specifically point out 1 person, who happened to actually hold a roster spot on an NFL team last season, as someone who is a waste. Let the kid develop...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Seeing how he is a young guy who is still developing, I fail to see how his playing time is indicative of his ability to turn into a productive player. Rishard Matthews didn't get much playing time either, is he a waste of a roster spot? Training camp rosters are set at 92 (approximately), which means that about 40% of every team's training camp roster is fodder and could be called a waste of space. So I don't see why you would specifically point out 1 person, who happened to actually hold a roster spot on an NFL team last season, as someone who is a waste. Let the kid develop...
    I personally think there were better people to develop at tackle. I think he is a practice squad type holding a roster spot. its my opinion if im wrong oh well good for the team. To me we have too many of his types as depth on this team thus sub.500
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,542
    vCash:
    8636
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also found it interesting that the coaching staff held a roster spot for him all season but then was afraid to play him. The easy thing would have been to plug in someone who was ready but with a low ceiling.

    It's obvious that the coaching staff thought that they had a mold of clay here that has a high ceiling. They probably see a movement guy that they see that would fit their system. I am sure if Philbin, Sherman, Turner et al were here they would admit that he is a longshot. But it was a longshot worth taking.

    Might I remind you, this is not a dufus like Tony Sparano here. These guys took a chance on a former lacrosse player and tight end who can move and has a good frame. I have an open mind on this but will admit that it's a longshot.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    I also found it interesting that the coaching staff held a roster spot for him all season but then was afraid to play him. The easy thing would have been to plug in someone who was ready but with a low ceiling.

    It's obvious that the coaching staff thought that they had a mold of clay here that has a high ceiling. They probably see a movement guy that they see that would fit their system. I am sure if Philbin, Sherman, Turner et al were here they would admit that he is a longshot. But it was a longshot worth taking.

    Might I remind you, this is not a dufus like Tony Sparano here. These guys took a chance on a former lacrosse player and tight end who can move and has a good frame. I have an open mind on this but will admit that it's a longshot.
    anything is possible but these projects rarely pan out for us or anybody. I mean look at all the project receivers we carried and that hasnt turned out well
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2012
    Posts:
    366
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The bench reps as a measure as strength is a poor one but under 20 reps is pathetic. As a college freshman I was hitting 10-12 reps. At 27 my personal best was 40 about two years ago. Now I routinely hit 30-33 reps but given the time an effort I could easily add those extra reps. Theres also a big difference between 22 and 27 years old as far as strength goes too. You get older, your muscles fill out.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Will Yeatman a solution at RT?
    By Tiko377 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 09:18 PM
  2. Will Yeatman
    By Joe_robbie#1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
  3. Will Yeatman
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
  4. Will Yeatman
    By spiketex in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 09:57 AM
  5. Will Yeatman
    By Donaghy13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •