Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Four OL's & LT's vs Dolphins

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really think we need to bring Long back and continue to develop Martin at RT. Long will be fine - he's had a couple of arm injuries but he's a stud when healthy. He can play in any scheme - I don't buy that he's not athletic enough to play in the ZBS like some people think. He's way stronger than Martin - I like Martin - but he needed RB or TE help in pass protection. We have the money to re-sign Long and a lot other key FA's be they our own or new adds. Sign him up for another 4 years. Good LTs don't fall off turnip trucks. For our QB to be effective, he needs a very good line. I like the pieces we have for the most part - give these guys another year to fully adjust to system.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This board screams whenever you talk OLine, but it's important. The problem is Miami has struggled elsewhere, so the need for playmakers is greater than it should be. But, the Patriots have 2 first round picks on the Oline in Solder and Mankins, plus another high pick in Vollmer. The 49ers have 3 first round picks in Davis, Staley and Iupati. The Ravens have 2 first round picks in McKinnie and Oher, a 2nd round guy in Osemele and a 3rd round guy in Yanda (the best of the bunch).

Now i'm not saying spend a first round pick on Warmack at 12, but if Jake Matthews was in the draft and there, i would grab him in a second. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down and drafting Cooper from UNC either. Oline is just as important as anything else with this current roster.
    Quote Quote