Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium?

1. -11
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've lived outside LA in the rolling hills of Ventura County. I've been to see the Rams and Raiders at the Coliseum and then Rams at Anaheim Stadium. Always plenty of seats available and a generally blase' crowd once you peeled back the hardcore layer. I also remember when the Seahawks tried to move their franchise to LA, already relocating their administrative office before the league intervened to prevent them. Also remember when Al Davis extorted $6million good faith money from the eastern city of Irwindale supposedly to build a stadium on one of their razed rock quarries. What a scumbag crook he was! I've been to Kings games when they they signed Gretzky and you couldn't get a seat at face value, and then after he was gone when you could pick up a couple from scalpers at less than face value.

The LA Metro area is a huge market, pretty affluent including the surrounding burbs so on paper it's a good market. However they are largely fair-weather fans and those who aren't have been emotionally involved in other teams for so long, it's not likely they'll quickly shift their allegiances. Long way of saying, they will back a team that's a novelty - for awhile, or a winner, but unless the game's not televised locally, the LA/Orange County market is far from a license to print money.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO the only thing that keeps Miami in Miami is the taxes. Without that, this franchise Almost for certain would be gone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    uh oh, this doesn't sound like good news. I understand this is Ross' company and not the Dolphins directly, and it should be pointed out that Ross actually stepped down as CEO of Related back in September. Though he did make the statment that his role and activity in the buisness would not change, just the titles. So it would be obvious to conclude that Ross does have a hand in this bid for AEG, and the Los Angeles football proposal.

This may have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Miami Dolphins. Then again, it could have everything to do with it. Ross wants to keep the Dolphins in Miami and the proposed renovations prove that. If the stadium renovations are approved the team is going to sign a long term lease with Miami through 2034. Then all this relocation talk is not even happening. If the renovations don't get approved and Ross' company aquires the LA football plans, yikes! You can call it the "fear card" or whatever you want, but if Ross has both the unrenovated Sun Life Stadium and the future state of the art stadium in Los Angeles, where do you think he will want HIS team playing at? Attendance and local fan support for the Dolphins SUCKS, and yes long term in Los Angeles might not be better. However, initially the LA stadium will be packed you can guarantee it. Ross is 72, he probably doesn't really care if a team fails in LA 15-20 years down the road.

Call it fear, call it whatever you want. This is real people, we all should be worried.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take a guess at how surprised I'd be if Ross packed up and headed out to West.

Hollywood Dolphins.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    IMO the only thing that keeps Miami in Miami is the taxes. Without that, this franchise Almost for certain would be gone.
    Why would it be gone. Its a large tv market, the fans over the years have supported the team quite well and its a great place to have superbowls.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I seriously doubt the NFL would approve of Miami losing the Dolphins. Ross is being an idiot if he is trying to bully the taxpayers into helping to fund the renovations. They just got screwed by the Marlins and Ross is only vilifying himself.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Perhaps the new logo is just going to be the same one with "LA" on the helmet instead of "M".
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    This seems like a strecth to say they are leaving but lets assume they do, will you guys still support the team?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Why would it be gone. Its a large tv market, the fans over the years have supported the team quite well and its a great place to have superbowls.
    Because Ross is losing money, and spending his own money just so his own team won't get blacked out. And I'm pretty sure the NFL told Ross until the stadium is renovated, no super bowls will be placed there.

Outside of taxes, there's no reason for Ross to keep the team here. I dont think the team will leave, but it's way more realistic than people think.

This guy is a real estate mogul in NYC, you dont make billions of dollars in NYC real estate sitting around and doing nothing and making bad decisions.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium?

You people are ****ing hilarious. This has nothing to do with the Dolphins. I swear, people just love being negative about everything. I don't get the mindset.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote