Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting conservative qoutes

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting conservative qoutes

“While we recognize that assault weapon legislation will not stop all assault weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals. We urge you to listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of these weapons.”

-Ronald Reagan
    (1994 letter to congressmen urging them to vote yes on an assualt weapon ban)

"It makes no sense for assault weapons to be around our society."

-George W. Bush
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/24/us...f-gun-ban.html

What do both of these men have in common? Both republcans and both got elected president of the Unites States. Both had the able to reason and understand when mabe the die hard base was' in tun with the vast majorty of Americans. If the GOP wants to have a legitimate shot at winning a national election they really need to step back and asses where popular opinion is on the matter and see why they have become the fringe party only suitable for the most extreme conservatives.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More famous Conservative Quotes:

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    Benjamin Franklin

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

As passed by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson

A semi automatic weapon fires one round per trigger pull. The Va. Tech shooter killed more people with a 9mm glock and a .22 that worked the same way. So, at what point do you propose you stop taking firearms because of one deranged persons actions and maybe take a look at the deranged person as the culprit and not the gun?

Chew on that a minute......

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Be careful with that Ben Franklin qoute. You better also mean free to marry whomever you want and free to smoke whatever you want. That one is a slippery slope my friend. As far as Thomas Jefferon is concearned we now have a federal Military. No need for militias anymore. More than a bit outdated. Should you have the right to defend yourself ? Of course. Do you need 30 rounds in a military stlye rifle to stop a mugger or R and E? Hell no. If you cant stop them with a shotgun or 10 round in a semi auto pistol you arent man enough to carry an AR anuwaus. Luckily the kid at VT didnt have high capacity mags or who know how much longer the massace would have occured with far fewer reloads neccessary. All kids that were able to survive .22 shells who have dies at a much higher rate with the far superior ammo and muzzle velovity of todays assault rifles.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    Be careful with that Ben Franklin qoute. You better also mean free to marry whomever you want and free to smoke whatever you want. That one is a slippery slope my friend. As far as Thomas Jefferon is concearned we now have a federal Military. No need for militias anymore. More than a bit outdated. Should you have the right to defend yourself ? Of course. Do you need 30 rounds in a military stlye rifle to stop a mugger or R and E? Hell no. If you cant stop them with a shotgun or 10 round in a semi auto pistol you arent man enough to carry an AR anuwaus. Luckily the kid at VT didnt have high capacity mags or who know how much longer the massace would have occured with far fewer reloads neccessary. All kids that were able to survive .22 shells who have dies at a much higher rate with the far superior ammo and muzzle velovity of todays assault rifles.

I do mean for people to marry whomever they wish and they can smoke what they want. And your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is flawed. The right was given to the people, that they form militias, not the other way around.
    And who gets to decide whats enough, or whats too much gun for someone? You read about that Georgia mom that shot the home intruder 6 times, including once in the face? He got up and ran out, and she didnt shot him with a .22. No home invasions are done under the influence of PCP are they? Or especially important, no home invasions are done by multiple intruders.....

The bottom line is, as a law abiding citizen, the 2nd amendment guarantees my right to keep and bear arms. That arm should be of my choosing. And until you disarm the criminals, hows about you arm yourself how you choose and leave me to mine.

Better idea.....clean up Chicago and Oakland and all the inner cities, where the majority of all gun related deaths seem to come from. 500+ killed in Chicage....tell me how the gun laws there fixed things
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I didnt think your guns could get in the hands of criminals so easily I would care less what you prefer to have in your arsenal. But guns are illegally bought and stolen each day from good upstanding citizens like yourself. As Reagen said, over time their supply will dry up. As a criminal is busted with one or found with one it is another one off of the streets. PCP doesnt help much with hole or three in the lungs. Addition to your Jefferson qoute, it was a time of single shot muskets. I seriously dount he envisioned assault rifles with 30 round mags. Should we have bradley tanks in our garages as well? Should private citizen be allowed to own nuclear weapons? You tell me where the line is drawn. I draw it at self defense. High capacity mags are made for one thing. Killing as many people in as little time possible. A hand gun with 10 rounds is more than sufficient to stop 2 or 3 men in the event of a break in. Thats is if you know how to use it. Not sure why we dont have mandatory classes for gun ownership. I would be pissed if a little old lady shot my house up cause she didnt know how to shoot the damn thing and missed the perp by 20 feet.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Better idea.....clean up Chicago and Oakland and all the inner cities, where the majority of all gun related deaths seem to come from. 500+ killed in Chicago....
    Until liberals can figure out a way to uninvent guns or get criminals to obey the laws their ideas just aren't realistic.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticPatch View Post
    If I didnt think your guns could get in the hands of criminals so easily I would care less what you prefer to have in your arsenal. But guns are illegally bought and stolen each day from good upstanding citizens like yourself. As Reagen said, over time their supply will dry up. As a criminal is busted with one or found with one it is another one off of the streets. PCP doesnt help much with hole or three in the lungs. Addition to your Jefferson qoute, it was a time of single shot muskets. I seriously dount he envisioned assault rifles with 30 round mags. Should we have bradley tanks in our garages as well? Should private citizen be allowed to own nuclear weapons? You tell me where the line is drawn. I draw it at self defense. High capacity mags are made for one thing. Killing as many people in as little time possible. A hand gun with 10 rounds is more than sufficient to stop 2 or 3 men in the event of a break in. Thats is if you know how to use it. Not sure why we dont have mandatory classes for gun ownership. I would be pissed if a little old lady shot my house up cause she didnt know how to shoot the damn thing and missed the perp by 20 feet.
    So, now you have to know how guns are secured? Not much into the individual privacy and liberty thing are you?
    And you think over time, the supply will dry up? How many millions of weapons are out there now? How many crimes are commited with the type of weapons you and Obama support banning? Do the math and tell me how any of this will lower the murder rate.
    Read my post above to explain what weapons a citizen should be allowed to have. Nuclear weapons? Seriously, that's why nobody on the left of this issue can participate in a real dialogue on this matter.

Show me you can clean up Chicago and Oakland and then you can try and talk to me about confiscating law abiding citizens weapons, be they rifles or handguns.

Ammo limits and clip restrictions? Puhlease. You get serious before you try and take something from someone.

BTW, do you happen to recognize the similarities between the littany of mass murderers lately? Young.....loners.....gamers......absentee parents......drugs for their mental problems.........nah, nothing to see there, better move on
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Until liberals can figure out a way to uninvent guns or get criminals to obey the laws their ideas just aren't realistic.
    Not to get too off-topic here, but that same line of thinking should be applied to the drug war as well, correct?

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting conservative qoutes

What about all the illegal weapons coming in from Mexico? Is that supply going to dry up as well? Criminals and psychopaths will get guns regardless of the laws put in place. The first real step in gun control should be cleaning up the inner cities and securing our borders. Until then, keep the playing field level. I want the same weapons these criminals and psychopaths have.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what is the point of this thread? so just because ronald raegen said it or george w (who i would hardly consider a conservative), we should support it?
    Quote Quote