Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    france (ST ETIENNE)
    Thanks / No Thanks

WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

WR Position

FA : 3 big names here : Jennings, Wallace and Bowe...........but perhaps others big names will come with players salary cap cut like Boldin

My choice is here Jennings because : he is the cheaper, a solid leader in and on the field and he know the philbin system and philosophy + he character is without a doubt and he will help the more he can to groom his successor who will be drafted

Draft : Allen, Hunter, Hopkins, Patterson, Williams :

My choice : Hopkins and why : YAC very solid, solid hand, great effort guy and I think will be the better in Philbin system and for more cons , he have weigth and height

TE : seems more difficult hole than WR to fill this year !

FA : Bennett, Cook and perhaps Finley :

My choice : Bennett : I don't know why but this guy could really hep us, JMO but he have many con and not many negative with good coaching IMO

I will add that before that we must resign Fasano because without him if our new N 1 TE go down to injury, that's a return to abyss

Draft : 3 names seems interting Ertz, Eifert, Reed :

My choice : Reed, because IMO all our 3 first pick must GO to WR CB and another CB or safetie (rambo) and Reed seems very good value in round 3 and not so much behind Ertz and Eifert in production our our system JMO.

Feel free to write your opinions, but please give them explain because it's like tthat than our beloved forum is so interesting.

GO PHINS GO !
    Sorry my english is perhaps not very good but I'am a french dolfan and it's the best I can do.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fastball83 View Post
    WR Position

FA : 3 big names here : Jennings, Wallace and Bowe...........but perhaps others big names will come with players salary cap cut like Boldin

My choice is here Jennings because : he is the cheaper, a solid leader in and on the field and he know the philbin system and philosophy + he character is without a doubt and he will help the more he can to groom his successor who will be drafted

Draft : Allen, Hunter, Hopkins, Patterson, Williams :

My choice : Hopkins and why : YAC very solid, solid hand, great effort guy and I think will be the better in Philbin system and for more cons , he have weigth and height

TE : seems more difficult hole than WR to fill this year !

FA : Bennett, Cook and perhaps Finley :

My choice : Bennett : I don't know why but this guy could really hep us, JMO but he have many con and not many negative with good coaching IMO

I will add that before that we must resign Fasano because without him if our new N 1 TE go down to injury, that's a return to abyss

Draft : 3 names seems interting Ertz, Eifert, Reed :

My choice : Reed, because IMO all our 3 first pick must GO to WR CB and another CB or safetie (rambo) and Reed seems very good value in round 3 and not so much behind Ertz and Eifert in production our our system JMO.

Feel free to write your opinions, but please give them explain because it's like tthat than our beloved forum is so interesting.

GO PHINS GO !
    A con is a negative and a pro is a positive. Good post.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jennings and finley are the safest options..both know the o and have played in an option route system...to me that's easy

as for the draft i don't think i'd go that route for my te but if i did i would prefer eifert for his seam abilities and boundary flexed out ones at that size...and the kids not terrible in line as a blocker...but he's gonna cost you a top 30 worst case pick i'd say...

at wr i like keenan allen...runs good routes big body willing to get a little physical plays fast stats are not as good cause the qb he played with blew chunks...but again he's a guy you gonna have to use a top 20 pick on...after that i like patterson i think...both may be top 20 guys and the first two wrs off the board...in the 2nd round i like robert woods a lot...if he gets to us...kid understands db leverage and coverages and gets open...tough for his size also...,maybe not a alpha wr but he'd be the best wr on the roster we have currently right now
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?

Nice shoutout on Woods Hoops I really like him. Like you said not an aplha reciever but Woods and Hartline would be a great complimentery pair to an alpha Jennings/Wallace player.

I would also love to see us grab Finley I love what ive seen from him in the last few years and he would be a great outlet for Tannehill. Imo Ertz and Eifert will both go in round one so we need to look at Cook/Keller/Finley if we want a TE and imo if we dont get a pass catching TE then it doesnt matter what recievers we sign. Whats your take on Finleys drops? Some on here seem to focus on them but imo it just comes with the territory of playing a role like he does
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WR Jennings and Deanre Hopkins

TE: Dustin Keller
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FA Wr. Wallace at a reasonable Price because he will stretch the field, Or draft Tavaris King.
    Draft TE Eifert, he will free up Wallace
    FA TE Cook or Keller
    Keep Hartline and Bess
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TE isn't the most pressing posistion for the dolphins to fill, Jordan Reed is just as good later on in the second round.
    I don't believe that the fins will stay at 12, I believe that they will move back at least 3 places and still get the player they want. Watch out for Tavaris King he should be on the dolphins big board.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If you sign Mike Wallace, you instantly have a "gameplan" WR. Your deep threat.

You could then draft Robert Woods with the 2a pick, who essentially could become a Greg Jennings clone. Then you draft STedman Bailey with the 2b pick who will be your future slot WR/Steve Smith when you let Bess walk after the season. Then you still have Bess and Matthews to round out your group for 2013.

Then you sign Jared Cook who becomes your seam threat/goal line target. I'd also resign Fasano to a fair deal to give yourself a solid 1 - 2 punch at TE.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    If you sign Mike Wallace, you instantly have a "gameplan" WR. Your deep threat.

You could then draft Robert Woods with the 2a pick, who essentially could become a Greg Jennings clone. Then you draft STedman Bailey with the 2b pick who will be your future slot WR/Steve Smith when you let Bess walk after the season. Then you still have Bess and Matthews to round out your group for 2013.

Then you sign Jared Cook who becomes your seam threat/goal line target. I'd also resign Fasano to a fair deal to give yourself a solid 1 - 2 punch at TE.
    I think Bailey will be off the board earlier than projected but Ace Sanders from South Carolina would be an intriguing option in the slot as well.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    TE isn't the most pressing posistion for the dolphins to fill, Jordan Reed is just as good later on in the second round.
    I don't believe that the fins will stay at 12, I believe that they will move back at least 3 places and still get the player they want. Watch out for Tavaris King he should be on the dolphins big board.
    Ireland is too clueless to trade back. I'd trade back again and again to get as many rond 2-4 picks as I could.
    Quote Quote