Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gordykrs Offseason Plan .....

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Long...$10 million
    Smith...$5 million
    Bush...$5 million
    Clemons...$2 million
    Starks...$6 million
    Levitre....$5.5 million(not happening at that price)
    Jennings...$9 million

$42.5 million with $7 million for draft picks
    $49.5 million total

You still need to sign or replace free agents
    Murtha,Garner,Amaya,Barker,Brown,Culver,
    Fasano,Feinga,Mastrud,McCann,McDaniel,Spitler,Stanford,
    Marlon Moore,Matt Moore,Devlin

That's 16 players who will need to get payed or their replacements
    Even if you pay an average of $500k to all those players add another
    $8 million to the previous total of $49.5 million bringing you to $57.5 million

I also believe that the numbers you have for both Levitre and Jennings are very low
    you might want to add another $5 million for both over your estimate

Which would bring you up to around $62.5 million or way over what we will have available
    You make good points. Its definitely a tight rope act. I think we will eventually have to leave some guys hanging (Long is the big one, you let him walk and your relying heavily on Yeatman/Garner). If Clemmons gets resigned it wil probably be for more and we might not get a Safety in this draft, which would be a shame. If Sean Smith wants more than 5 mil he can walk. Find two CB's in this draft, going back to Safety again being left out. I think Ireland wants Patterson, Mcmann, and Standford back with the last two at the cheap. Seriously thinking Smith ends up walking.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From what I understand out of BLo.

1. Levitre wants between 7 and 8M a year
    2. Levitre really wants to resign in BLo and also talked hometown discount.

"When we play in Buffalo, our fans come to support us, and they get beat up". "When we play them in Miami, the Buffalo fans come down here and beat up our fans in our own stadium" - Bryan Cox
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't like the approach.

Last season, once all of the League realized that HARTLINE was as close as we had for a deep threat, it was downhill for us offensively. We saw all of them crowding the l/o/s, and a lot of "8-In-The-Box". It's a testimonial to the team that we did as well as we did. And i/m/o, it won't take much for us to get A LOT better.

First and foremost, MIAMI needs an established "burner" WR. That means WALLACE, or it'll be "deja vu all over again". JENNINGS or BOWE would be "icing on the cake", but WALLACE is the cake itself. Nothing against JENNINGS or BOWE: but MIAMI MUST be able to stretch the field. And rookies usually take time to develop into pro WRs anyway! So, get an established deep threat WR, and take a "flyer" on a rookie deep threat WR w/a late Draft Pick. I'm sick of losing seasons.

Second, WAKE needs help. He gets double/triple teamed almost every play, w/a little "holding" thrown in for good measure. That would be almost impossible w/another pass-rushing threat. AVRIL's the only one we can be sure of, i/m/o, but he may be too much OLB and not enough DE. I can't say for sure. And he'll cost a ton of money. I'd go DE/OLB pass-rusher w/my first 2 Draft Picks...and a third ("flyer") in the 4th or 5th Round.

Third, and as we just saw, NO QB does well under extreme pressure. That's true for both MANNINGS, for A RODGERS, for "MATTY ICE", and also for TOMMY Boy. And it's true for TANNEHILL too. So we need to go after a solid G...maybe 2...in the Draft and F/A. I prefer F/A. LEVITRE's the logical F/A choice, and the one most discussed. But he's not the only one in F/A, i/m/o: there are a couple more possibilities. But since he's probably "top dog", make him our 3rd F/A target. Then kick JERRY out to RT, where he belongs, put INCOGNITO at RG where HE belongs, and let GARNER continue to do what he does best: back up C, LG, RG, and RT. He has shown that he can play all 4 of those positions pretty well: the only OL position that he DIDN'T DO WELL AT was LT. Hopefully, we can find a pretty solid Rookie LT, either in the Draft or the late cuts. If so, MIAMI's OL could quickly turn into a definite strength.

Fourth, look for CBs. My preference is the Draft, because even mediocre established CBs get big bucks in F/A, and as we've seen, they are rarely worth what they get. MIAMI should be looking for at least 2 new CBs, in addition to re-signing SMITH. And either cut WILSON or develop him as a S (my preference). He just isn't good enough to be a CB. I'd spend at least 2 of our Draft Picks on CBs.

Fifth, save about $5 Million extra "cap" $$$ specifically for the "final cut". I/m/o, that's where you usually find that "Aging veteran w/some gas left in his tank, who still wants to play football". A veteran CB or OLman, for example, would be VERY welcome.

That's all for now. If I think of anything better or anything else, "I'll be back".
    Last edited by luduporcu; 01-22-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordykr View Post
    OK here goes ....

resign - J.Long (3 years/30 mill) , S.Smith (4/20) , R.Bush (2/10) , C.Clemons (3/6) , R.Starks (3/18)

Free Agents - A Levitre - Guard (4 years /22 mill) , G Jennings - WR (3/27)

Draft -

1/ Barkeviuos Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU, 6-4 , 250
    2/ Robert Woods, WR, USC, 6-1 , 190
    2/ Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon St, 6-0 , 182
    3/ Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia, 6-0 , 218
    3/ Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia, 5-10 , 195
    4/ Travis Kelcie, TE, Cincinnati, 6-5 , 260
    5/ Kevin Reddick, ILB, Norh Carolina, 6-2 , 246
    7/ Eric Martin, DE, Nebraska, 6-2 , 250
    7/ Blaize Foltz, OG, TCU, 6-3 , 329
    My issue with bringing back Long at $10M and Levitre at $6-$7M is that Pouncy will also soon be due a big raise. We can have a lot of money tied into an OL and hamper our ability to sign other players.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not paying Long $10 mill. I'm putting that towards Levitre, D. Keller, and the rest of our small FA's
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Barkeviuos Mingo, anyone with a name like that is going to be real good. :0

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phins89 View Post
    I'm not paying Long $10 mill. I'm putting that towards Levitre, D. Keller, and the rest of our small FA's
    Your not, Ross will... That's the great part, we can play GM and never spend a dollar.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Falkirk PhinFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Falkirk , Scotland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cheers for all the feedback guys....the $ maybe dont add up but some contracts will probably get re-done so our cap may actually rise a little... but again thanks for the feedback...
    Quote Quote