Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ireland press conference notes

1. -41
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    The problem with Ireland in a press conference is that he has been taught by his mentor that if you have to speak to the press you lie about everything. I wonder how much of what people are hearing that they like is nothing but Ireland blowing smoke out of his a..?
    Are you really complaining that Ireland didn't broadcast his offseason plan to the entire NFL? And I'm sure the 31 other teams never tell lies when talking about their offseason plans. Like him or hate him, I don't see how him being purposely vague about how he plans to upgrade the roster is a bad thing. My god, I feel like rationality has left the world...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Are you really complaining that Ireland didn't broadcast his offseason plan to the entire NFL? And I'm sure the 31 other teams never tell lies when talking about their offseason plans. Like him or hate him, I don't see how him being purposely vague about how he plans to upgrade the roster is a bad thing. My god, I feel like rationality has left the world...
    No, I am not complaining that he lied. I am complaining that the majority of the posters in this thread are acting like he is telling the truth. Similar to Pavlov's dogs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Dolfan87 View Post
    The one thing that I took out of it was that he says that they're looking for more playmakers (obviously) but also praised Egnew and Fasano which means the TE position will likely stay the same. I think that's a bit of a headscratcher because, while I do like Fasano, we need to get more athletic there.
    Smells like a smoke screen to me. Eifert or Ertz come on down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Stevie Wonder can see what Miami needs. lol
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Can't wait to see what big names bring their talents to South Beach next season. Time to turn this into a winner again.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Why does Ireland make any comment re Egnew? He was clearly a major disappointment in year 1. Let's see how he looks in training camp before declaring your confidence in him. One of Parcells best attributes was the capacity to admit a draft mistake in year 1 rather than live in hope that he would be a contributor. Pat White and Patrick Turner (the 2 Patsies), were both axed after a year because they were admitted draft errors. While it would be great if Egnew comes good, Ireland should be open to the possibility that Egnew was a draft mistake and may need to be cut.

Because he is an investment, yes maybe a poor one, but if there's any hope of getting anything out of him it would Not be achieved by tearing him down. Ireland makes a good point where he says not all prospects develop at the same rate. I know everyone's disappointed that he did not work out this year, but he does have some skills. Blocking may never be one of them, but he can move like the wide receiver and he can catch the ball there may be a place for him especially if the offense of line can be improved. But again Ireland and the team is not served well by publicly tearing this kid down and humiliating him. It might make you feel better, but it would destroy any chance of getting any worth from their investment. Would that make any sense to you?
    Quote Quote