Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who could erase our DB at CB and FS ?

1. -11
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think we can fix the secondary this year. The Dolphins need to fix their offense, especially the passing game, more than anything. They just need to find some gap players for now, and maybe a rookie or two to groom. In other words, I think we should resign our FAs in the secondary like Clemons and Smith depending on the price. The defense does enough to win games. They had the best red zone defense in the league. The offense needs to score more points.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    -DRC is better than Sean Smith? I'd hate to see Miami fans bitch about DRC if they complain this much about Sean Smith ho boy.
    -Sam Shields is an RFA, not UFA
    -I think Miami let Smith test the free agency waters and sticks to their guns with money. I think they bring in a vet and immediately draft a guy in the top 3 picks.
    Right? People need to stop wanting "names". Thanks, I thought Shields was UFA, my bad!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think maybe we draft a safety in the fourth or fifth, unless a Phillip Thomas, Rambo, kenny vaccaro slip to the second or third. Chris Clemons was hurt most of last year which was his second year! From his rookie season to now he has improved And think he will continue too under coyle and playing along side jones. It would be wise to keep them together and grow together and become a feared duo, 99 tackles, 2 picks ain't that bad last I checked. I expect clemons to have a even better season next year. It would also make since to use smith money on cox or brent grimes and sign another corner and or draft one, coming out with a real one and two Cb. Like the man above me said our redone defense was very official!
    Last edited by dade; 01-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shortsightedness.

I'd re-sign SMITH. He's a good 2nd or 3rd CB. Everyone's angry w/him because he isn't an All Pro #1 CB. Well, too bad. I would also go after COX w/a vengeance. He's a pretty good "cover" CB. As to MARSHALL, he's mediocre at best, and now he has ruptured discs. He also gets c. $5 Million. He's a gigantic risk, and he wasn't all that to begin with. Cut him, and save millions. As to PATTERSON, I liked his play a lot better, and he isn't a health risk. I'd keep him, at c. $4 Million...he's making a little too much (but not way too much). I'd draft the best CB available at 2b and "double down" at 3b. I'd keep CLEMONS and CARROLL. Both looked better in 2012 than 2011. They're boring i/m/o: totally un-flashy. But they both did reasonably well in getting their job done. WILSON, on the other hand, sucks as a CB. I'd let him compete ONLY as a FS, and if he isn't at least MIAMI's 2nd best FS by the time the preseason games start, I'd cut him.

What DOES make great CBs is a devestating pass rush. We have WAKE, and that's basically it. VERNON might develop, but he hasn't shown himself to be topshelf as a pass rusher as yet: he MIGHT be great or he might bust as a pass rusher. MIAMI needs insurance. So... If I were MIAMI's HC &/or GM, I'd target the BEST DE pass rusher available to us. I'd even consider trading up a couple of spots, to pass by the JETS, who will definitely also be looking for one.That, i/m/o, is JOB ONE, and will remain so as long as N.E. and TOMMY Boy are in the AFC East. And getting a DE pass rusher would allow ODRICK to move i/s to DT, where he'd be special as a pass rusher, i/m/o. But the ODRICK experiment at RDE has been a failure, i/m/o. RUN "D" is the icing on the cake for a RDE in the present day NFL. But pass rushing is the cake itself. I'd use our 1st and 2a on pass rushers, along w/a "flyer" in the late rounds.

3a is for RAMBO. And 4 thru 7 are for the best Gs and/or RTs available. I will NOT be re-signing J LONG, unless his pricce comes WAY DOWN. His skills don't seem to fit a z-b-s, and he has become injury-prone. Only for a "sign and trade" would I go near him, and that's unlikely.

Conspicuous in their absence are both WR and TE. Here's why: (a) I don't want to have to wait the usual c. 2 years for a College Boy WR to come up to speed; and (b) we can get solid, known quantities in With the bigbucks that MIAMI will have in F/A this time I'd go after BOTH JENNINGS and WALLACE w/a vengeance. Cost be damned: the new CBA says teams MUST spend 90 or 95% of their cap $$$ anyway. And ROSS can afford it, and I really believe him when he says that all he wants is a winning team. I'd also go after KELLER. Not only is he what MIAMI's looking for, he's also a JET, and his loss would hurt them.

So, in F/A, I'm looking to acquire JENNINGS, WALLACE, COX, and KELLER. I'm also signing the following of our own F/As: CLEMMONS, BUSH, FASANO, HARTLINE, SMITH and STARKS. There's a lot of "dead wood", some of them high priced, on MIAMI's Roster. It's time to get rid of them. If MIAMI does so, all of the above is "doable".
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    Shortsightedness.

I'd re-sign SMITH. He's a good 2nd or 3rd CB. Everyone's angry w/him because he isn't an All Pro #1 CB. Well, too bad. I would also go after COX w/a vengeance. He's a pretty good "cover" CB. As to MARSHALL, he's mediocre at best, and now he has ruptured discs. He also gets c. $5 Million. He's a gigantic risk, and he wasn't all that to begin with. Cut him, and save millions. As to PATTERSON, I liked his play a lot better, and he isn't a health risk. I'd keep him, at c. $4 Million...he's making a little too much (but not way too much). I'd draft the best CB available at 2b and "double down" at 3b. I'd keep CLEMONS and CARROLL. Both looked better in 2012 than 2011. They're boring i/m/o: totally un-flashy. But they both did reasonably well in getting their job done. WILSON, on the other hand, sucks as a CB. I'd let him compete ONLY as a FS, and if he isn't at least MIAMI's 2nd best FS by the time the preseason games start, I'd cut him.

What DOES make great CBs is a devestating pass rush. We have WAKE, and that's basically it. VERNON might develop, but he hasn't shown himself to be topshelf as a pass rusher as yet: he MIGHT be great or he might bust as a pass rusher. MIAMI needs insurance. So... If I were MIAMI's HC &/or GM, I'd target the BEST DE pass rusher available to us. I'd even consider trading up a couple of spots, to pass by the JETS, who will definitely also be looking for one.That, i/m/o, is JOB ONE, and will remain so as long as N.E. and TOMMY Boy are in the AFC East. And getting a DE pass rusher would allow ODRICK to move i/s to DT, where he'd be special as a pass rusher, i/m/o. But the ODRICK experiment at RDE has been a failure, i/m/o. RUN "D" is the icing on the cake for a RDE in the present day NFL. But pass rushing is the cake itself. I'd use our 1st and 2a on pass rushers, along w/a "flyer" in the late rounds.

3a is for RAMBO. And 4 thru 7 are for the best Gs and/or RTs available. I will NOT be re-signing J LONG, unless his pricce comes WAY DOWN. His skills don't seem to fit a z-b-s, and he has become injury-prone. Only for a "sign and trade" would I go near him, and that's unlikely.

Conspicuous in their absence are both WR and TE. Here's why: (a) I don't want to have to wait the usual c. 2 years for a College Boy WR to come up to speed; and (b) we can get solid, known quantities in With the bigbucks that MIAMI will have in F/A this time I'd go after BOTH JENNINGS and WALLACE w/a vengeance. Cost be damned: the new CBA says teams MUST spend 90 or 95% of their cap $$$ anyway. And ROSS can afford it, and I really believe him when he says that all he wants is a winning team. I'd also go after KELLER. Not only is he what MIAMI's looking for, he's also a JET, and his loss would hurt them.

So, in F/A, I'm looking to acquire JENNINGS, WALLACE, COX, and KELLER. I'm also signing the following of our own F/As: CLEMMONS, BUSH, FASANO, HARTLINE, SMITH and STARKS. There's a lot of "dead wood", some of them high priced, on MIAMI's Roster. It's time to get rid of them. If MIAMI does so, all of the above is "doable".
    I like it but one question..... If we would get Keller Jennings and Wallace and draft Rambo why would we resign fasano, clemmons and Fartline.? With keller we dont need fasano and same for the rambo clemmons situation. If we have 2 starting WR and bess in the slot why resign fartline? would rather save the $$ from those guys and sign a OL or passrusher.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You let Hartline walk, Smith walk, Starks walk, Long walk, kick Odrick inside, Vernon on the outside, sign Fasano, Bush, and Clemons, sign Mike Wallace and Dustin Keller. Draft CB,TE,CB,WR,WR,DE,FS,LB in that order. The draft looks like this.

Rd.1- Dee Milliner
    Rd.2a- Zach Ertz
    Rd.2b- The Honeybadger
    Rd.3a- Stedman Bailey
    Rd.3b- Marcus Wheaton
    Rd.4- Trent Murphy
    Rd.5- Philip Thomas
    Rd.7a- BPA
    Rd.7b-BPA

problems solved
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote