Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mando: Ireland going "all in" this offseason, good read!

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psfign View Post
    ugh, you arent "speechless" enough.
    My gripe is with Ireland ....Not You.Hard to believe,some out there still support him....and are content with .500 and below results.Just Unbelievable!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    This will be his what, 6th year as GM? When the hell are we suppose to be expecting a Super Bowl contending team then? Do we have to wait till he's on his 10th year term for that? Teams go from very bad to playoffs in a single offseason all the damn time, ALL THE DAMN TIME. Except for the Miami Acorns.

If we're not competing for the division title in Week 16, then he has ****ed us again.

The ****ing Colts had a worst record than us, they looked pitiful on all three phases of the game, and they not only went to the playoffs after one offseason, but are now back to taking over their division AGAIN.

I have a request, someone list me significant moves the GOAT GM Jeff Ireland has done to improve our franchise and please, compare that list to Grigson's one offseason list.
    You made the request, why don't you look it up since you're so intent on telling us how "Ireland sucks" a thousand times. He's our damn GM whether you or I like it or not...what happened his first 3-4 years is all a moot point now. It's all about now and beyond with Jeff. He's got the resources to turn this team into a playoff team. If he doesn't get it done this year with what he has to work with, he's gone. Then you can go throw the biggest party in Miami and we won't have to put up with the "Fire Ireland" threads and posts every hour. It's a win win.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This will be his what, 6th year as GM? When the hell are we suppose to be expecting a Super Bowl contending team then? Do we have to wait till he's on his 10th year term for that? Teams go from very bad to playoffs in a single offseason all the damn time, ALL THE DAMN TIME. Except for the Miami Acorns.

If we're not competing for the division title in Week 16, then he has ****ed us again.

The ****ing Colts had a worst record than us, they looked pitiful on all three phases of the game, and they not only went to the playoffs after one offseason, but are now back to taking over their division AGAIN.

I have a request, someone list me significant moves the GOAT GM Jeff Ireland has done to improve our franchise and please, compare that list to Grigson's one offseason list.
    If you look at the actual transcript of Ireland's remarks you will find that local media failed to mention Ireland's repetition of his normal bromides about "building the team from the inside out", "choosing players based upon certain size parameters" (rather than actual talent), and stating that first year busts like Egnew have a great future. There really isn't anything new here other than a recognition that our wide receivers didn't score touchdowns and everyone is tired of the W-L history. A leopard can't change his spots and Ireland can't change the way he picks players.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't we hear this last offseason?

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman54 View Post
    My gripe is with Ireland ....Not You.Hard to believe,some out there still support him....and are content with .500 and below results.Just Unbelievable!!!
    And who the hell is content with .500 or losing football??? This is some of the the biggest load of BS I read on these forums. Just because someone chooses to "support" Ireland or anyone else on this team for that matter, doesn't mean they're content with losing football. I sure as hell am not. I've just come to the realization that complaining about Ireland all day isn't going to change anything about the team or who runs it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    You made the request, why don't you look it up since you're so intent on telling us how "Ireland sucks" a thousand times. He's our damn GM whether you or I like it or not...what happened his first 3-4 years is all a moot point now. It's all about now and beyond with Jeff. He's got the resources to turn this team into a playoff team. If he doesn't get it done this year with what he has to work with, he's gone. Then you can go throw the biggest party in Miami and we won't have to put up with the "Fire Ireland" threads and posts every hour. It's a win win.
    Pretty sure my first post on this thread already stated that. And I don't need to look it up I know Ireland has done nothing. The rest of you Irelanders don't.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't like Ireland, and I think he should be replaced.

That being said, I realize he does have us in a pretty desirable position cap/picks wise and he will have the opportunity to see it through. The Dolphins can be losers next year and although many people won't be satisfied with that (including myself) . . . I can give Jeff Ireland a break if he just does his best by getting top notch players down here and make this team and enjoyable one to watch again. Sure we all enjoy the Dolphins on Sundays, we are hardcore fans . . . but lets be honest, they are boring as hell at times and I'm just sick and tired of it. Jeff, do your job and hit on your draft picks and bring in some solid free agents and lets get that damn stadium rocking again.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    . It's a win win.
    The franchise being set back 5 years is a win-win?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Pretty sure my first post on this thread already stated that. And I don't need to look it up I know Ireland has done nothing. The rest of you Irelanders don't.
    Irelanders. That's cute. Must've been waiting a while to use that one, eh?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To summarize the situation, our owner didn't consider himself the owner until very recently, and our general manager didn't think he was expected to do anything.
    Quote Quote