Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Your position on gun control in America?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediate ban on all guns.

0 0%
  • Guns only for military/police.

2 3.28%
  • Bolt/pump/lever action ok, no semi-autos.

9 14.75%
  • Gun laws are fine as they currently stand.

15 24.59%
  • Select-fire weapons should be allowed.

6 9.84%
  • You can have them when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

16 26.23%
  • I want a tank.

13 21.31%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

1. -31
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any form of restricting gun ownership is unconstitutional.

I'm truly sorry people get hurt by criminal or irresponsible
    people using guns, but there are already things in place for
    dealing with that. Prison for one.

Sometimes freedom hurts. It's not all peaches and cream.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    Sorry, but if you think that a "consortium" of armed civilians, no matter how large, could be a match for the military force the U.S. government can bring to bear, you don't seem to have any idea of the capabilities of a modern professional military, especially the U.S. armed forces. What we'd all better hope for is that our military and its commanders would never take action against the American people, because if that were to happen, all the guns in private hands wouldn't make a difference. This is the 21st century, not 1776.
    National Guard troops have already been used in the disarming of American citizens (NOLA).

As far as the active armed forces being used against US citizens? You have to remember what the
    size of the US armed forces is, and how big the US is. There are also those of us out there that
    have a VERY good idea of what the capabilities of the armed forces are, understand how they
    operate, the chinks in the armor, their battle drills, TTPs, etc.

Never underestimate the militia. We just got done fighting a bunch of them in Iraq, and are still
    fighting them in Afgan. When we're gone, the militia will still be there, despite our best efforts.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Any form of restricting gun ownership is unconstitutional.
    Sorry, but no. Read District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008).

And if you think the "militia" can take on the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, with their equipment, tactics and centralized command and control, I don't think you're being realistic. Just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Ill never in my life understand this. This barely even makes sense if I was talking about the Bahamas government. When talking about the US government it sounds straight up loony toons. Like your shotgun s going to hold up against a tyrannical government with military backing lol. You gonna shoot at the helicopters with your shotgun?
    It's not hard to understand.

Why is it you think the 2nd Amendment was created? To protect our right to hunt? Our right to free refills for
    our soda at Wendy's? Should the government become "Tyrannical" ..... (Some would say it is now.) We
    may have no choice other than to go to the gun. No...I'm not going to shoot down an Apache with a shotgun.
    Wanna know how you make an Apache not fly, and a tank not roll? You interdict supply lines.

My shotgun may not shoot down an Apache, but it will damn sure kill a truck driver.

Running out yelling "Wolverines" is not the way to win an insurgency, which such a conflict would
    eventually be. As organized resistance formed, help would start coming in from people we probably
    don't like now. Remember how MANPADs switched the paradigm in Afganistan? And I'll tell you this;
    US Soldiers don't have the stomach for slaughtering US citizens. How do I know?

I was one.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care what a judge says.

They aren't who I consider the adjudicators of my rights. They didn't give them to me, and they don't get to
    grant or take them away from me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

Sorry, but if you think that a "consortium" of armed civilians, no matter how large, could be a match for the military force the U.S. government can bring to bear, you don't seem to have any idea of the capabilities of a modern professional military, especially the U.S. armed forces. What we'd all better hope for is that our military and its commanders would never take action against the American people, because if that were to happen, all the guns in private hands wouldn't make a difference. This is the 21st century, not 1776.

Seriously now. What purpose is there fot AR15 and AK47 and their derivatives other than for Walter Mitty fantasies, playing soldier? Would you shoot at a bighorn ram or an elk at 300 yards with a .223 carbine, or even a .308, or would you want a Sako or a Remington 700? If you were going after wild hog, would you want an M4 or a Ruger .44 magnum carbine? If you need a 20 round magazine to hit a fleeing deer, how are you going to keep the rifle on target after the second shot, and by the way, what kind of marksman are you? If you want the historical significance of shooting a military rifle that's covered in glory, or to shoot one competitively under NRA match rules, go over to the CMP and get yourself the best National Match grade M1 Garand you can afford.
    If you want serious home defense capability, buy a tactical shotgun.

Even Antonin Scalia, that tea party darling of justices, has opined that the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is subject to reasonable regulation. Machine guns are regulated. Have to have a class III license to possess one, and if you so much as go to a machinist and ask him to shave a little off the sear, the boys from ATF come knocking on your door tout suite. We don't have a machine gun problem. If "assault rifles" were reasonably regulated, our Second Amendment rights wouldn't suddenly fly out the window.
    No, the armed citizens of the US would not ultimately be able to overcome the full power of the US military. However, at least they could put up a fight and that is the point. Bullies don't pick on kids that will fight back even if they could ultimately win a fight. If this weren't true then tyrannical governments wouldn't have been so adamant in the past to disarm their citizens. To your point, I don't think most of the US military would turn on its people but I have seen a lot of things lately that I would have never dreamed could happen.

I personally don't own an "assault" weapon. I have always been partial to bolt action rifles and I do own several semi-auto hunting shotguns. However, should I ever decide that I want an AK or AR, I want to be able to go get one. They are no more or less deadly than any other gun. They just look menacing and have become a tool for the government and media to control an ignorant populous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

It's not hard to understand.

Why is it you think the 2nd Amendment was created? To protect our right to hunt? Our right to free refills for
    our soda at Wendy's? Should the government become "Tyrannical" ..... (Some would say it is now.) We
    may have no choice other than to go to the gun. No...I'm not going to shoot down an Apache with a shotgun.
    Wanna know how you make an Apache not fly, and a tank not roll? You interdict supply lines.

My shotgun may not shoot down an Apache, but it will damn sure kill a truck driver.

Running out yelling "Wolverines" is not the way to win an insurgency, which such a conflict would
    eventually be. As organized resistance formed, help would start coming in from people we probably
    don't like now. Remember how MANPADs switched the paradigm in Afganistan? And I'll tell you this;
    US Soldiers don't have the stomach for slaughtering US citizens. How do I know?

I was one.
    I served between the Gulf wars and never deployed but fully understand and agree with everything you said. A resistance can be a huge pain to any military, a resistance with 300+ million guns is a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

And if you think the "militia" can take on the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, with their equipment, tactics and centralized command and control, I don't think you're being realistic. Just my opinion.
    If the gun owners in the US united to overthrow some government, there are only about a dozen countries in the world that could put up a reasonable fight much less withstand the onslaught. I don't think you comprehend the strength of our people. Our government should fear us, not the other way around.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

I already mentioned what I think of the SCOTUS.

Sotomayer does NOT get to tell me ANYTHING about a document she has no conception of.

I don't think you understand anything about Asymetrical Warfare, Low Intensity Conlflict, what an MSR is,
    or how an insurgency operates. Remember, the coalition armed forces could not hold open, dependably,
    Route Irish (Green Zone to BIAP) for years. That's one road.

In the end, humans fight wars.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care what a judge says.

They aren't who I consider the adjudicators of my rights. They didn't give them to me, and they don't get to
    grant or take them away from me.
    Interesting. So you love the Constitution, except Article 3:

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiii

So where do you rights come from, if not from Constitution (which establishes the Supreme Court)? It can't be from God. He's not mentioned. So where?
    Quote Quote