Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Your position on gun control in America?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediate ban on all guns.

0 0%
  • Guns only for military/police.

2 3.33%
  • Bolt/pump/lever action ok, no semi-autos.

9 15.00%
  • Gun laws are fine as they currently stand.

15 25.00%
  • Select-fire weapons should be allowed.

6 10.00%
  • You can have them when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

16 26.67%
  • I want a tank.

12 20.00%
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

1. -151
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-gun-control-claims-miss-target-193053155--politics.html

And for the record, despite the fact that we do not know all the effects of the ban, gun related deaths have NOT dropped since the ban expired. Theyve increased or stayed the same, depending on the criteria you use to compile the stats.

http://election.princeton.edu/2012/1...eapons-matter/

http://boston.com/community/blogs/cr...shootings.html

By the way, where did you find a study that shows most gun related crimes are done by weapons illegally smuggled to the US? The majority of the weapons used in shootings sprees were legally owned weapons...although i suppose the phrase "illegally owned" could be attributed to shooters like Sandy Hook, who had easy access to the weapons used but didnt actually own them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...united-states/

The murder rate (which is the really significant rate) was 5.5 (per 100,000) in 2004 and 4.7 in 2011, according to the FBI website, in fact, as one of my favorite youtube channels proclaims, we are closing in on our all-time low of 4.0 set in the 50's...you know, that period of time when we had all of those gun bans.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank god the assault weapons ban wasn't around right before the Zombie Apocalypse. Would make the Walking Dead soooooo boring.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just universal background checks...

And no guns to terrorists/mental health nutjobs/criminals...

And a basic gun safety course...Too many idiots out there don't know safety....Could be administered by gun shop/NRA approved course...
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No guns for women either! Apparently they're way too emotionally fragile to be trusted!

While trying to explain why women in college don’t need firearms for self-defense on campus, Colorado state Rep. Joe Salazar said even if women feel like they might be raped, their suspected attacker might not actually have intent to rape. So please, put the guns away ladies.

It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at,” he said during a legislative hearing. “And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop — pop a round at somebody.”
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...tually-not-be/
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/22/bl...t-roots-video/

Conservative African-American leaders spoke out against President Barack Obama’s call for more Gun Control on Friday, some saying the proposed measures have “racist” origins.

“For black Americans, we know that gun control has ultimately been about people control. It sprouts from racist soil; be it after the, or during the infamous Dred Scott case where black man’s humanity was not recognized,” said Niger Innis, spokesman for the Congress of Racial Equality at the press conference sponsored by the Center for Urban Renewal and Education.

Harry Alford, the president of the Black Chamber of Commerce, praised the National Rifle Association in his speech at the event.

“The National Rifle Association was started, founded by religious leaders who wanted to protect free slaves from the Ku Klux Klan,” said Alford.

“They would raise money, buy arms, show the free slaves how to use those arms and protect their families. God bless you. Many of us probably wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for the NRA.”

Alford told The Daily Caller he agrees with Innis that gun control laws have “racist” origins.

Some of the leaders argued that cities with the most crime have the strictest gun control laws.

“How many children have to die, black and white, for us to come to the conclusion that most of the gun violence is in cities with the most gun control? When are we going to change our minds and put some common sense in there?” said Ken Hutcherson, former linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys and pastor of Antioch Bible Church in Washington state.

“This current administration is far from the truth,” said William Owens Jr., founder of God, Guns and the Constitution.

“When they take our guns, they will also seek to take our God, and that’s when Americans will fight back.”

Obama met with a group of African-American leaders on Thursday including Rev. Al Sharpton and NAACP president to discuss public policy issues.
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I may have found a solution we can live with. Might I recommend this "single-shot" gun ...

Spoiler 
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

8. -158
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Field & Stream interview with NRA Executive Vice President and CEO, Wayne LaPierre:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...ghts-interview

Good read.
    Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take a look at crime rates in Kennesaw, Georgia (where it is mandatory to possess a firearm in order to live in the city).

Then take a look at the crime rates in Chicago, Illinois (which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country).

I don't own a "assault rifle" (I hate that term), but I don't believe that responsible people should lose their rights to own one because of the actions of a mentally unstable person.

I do not believe any new laws being talked about will stop things like what happened in Newtown, CT from happening. And if new laws are enacted, and another Newtown happens, then it stands to reason that the next step is broaden the laws even more. And where does it all end?

And for those saying that there should just be an outright ban, please do me a favor and open a history book. If you know history, you would know the term "It would never happen" is naďve.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

I think that if certain states want to ban assault rifles and guns of war, go for it. We ban RPG's and they can certainly be considered arms. But on the whole...that's all we can or should do. Bad things happen...it's the cost of living in a free society.
    Quote Quote