Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Your position on gun control in America?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediate ban on all guns.

    0 0%
  • Guns only for military/police.

    2 3.08%
  • Bolt/pump/lever action ok, no semi-autos.

    9 13.85%
  • Gun laws are fine as they currently stand.

    15 23.08%
  • Select-fire weapons should be allowed.

    6 9.23%
  • You can have them when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

    19 29.23%
  • I want a tank.

    14 21.54%
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 265

Thread: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

  1. -121
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,493
    vCash:
    10858
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Ahh ... Now these are very valid points.

    My answer to those questions is: I have a vocal dog. Good 'ol Csonka alerts me every time someone so much as walks down my sidewalk. Whenever I've got guests coming over, Zonk let's me know they're here at least 30 seconds before they get to the door.

    I also have loaded weapons safely concealed in more than one location in my home.



    But, those concerns you brought up are definately valid & they're something I've spent time thinking about.

    Not only is gun ownership a right, it's one helluva responsibility and it's not something that should ever be taken lightly.
    Well your dog might help you but what about places that don't allow pets? Or those who are allergic to dogs? Or dogs that are older that can't hear/get around as well as they used to?

    There's so many god damn variables it makes my head spin



    Quote Quote  

  2. -122
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,493
    vCash:
    10858
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    With that logic we should stop arresting drunk drivers because no matter what you do there is a possibility a drunk driver can still kill you. You are right there are times when no matter what you do someone can still kill you, but the point is you should have the right to have every option at your disposal.

    ---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

    Doctors

    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
    ...
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
    Health and Human Services.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Now think about this:
    Guns

    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

    (Yes, that's 80 million)

    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188

    Statistics courtesy of FBI

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000
    times more dangerous than gun owners.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,BUT
    Almost everyone has at least one doctor.
    This means you are over 9,000 times more likely
    to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!!

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

    We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Out of concern for the public at large, we withheld the statistics on lawyers
    for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!
    We're talking about guns, not doctors, not cars, not knives, not asteroids. No one is talking about banning doctors. No need to be silly about it.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -123
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,493
    vCash:
    10858
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Damn you're right. Taking a shower is a life or death decision. WTF have you been smoking?

    Hmmm, I shouldn't think a gun could prevent me taking care of someone trying to enforce their will on me or my family? Damn dude, I really wish you would have said something sooner. We can just get rid of the Police and the military for that matter. FYI, they shower too!
    I don't smoke. Thanks for being mature about it. When someone tries to tell me they have a gun solely to protect themselves from intruders yet doesn't have a gun in every room or in every situation you could get into while in your house, the theory of needing a gun to protect yourself is flawed.

    Don't get angry with me. That's just the truth. I never said to not have weapons in your home but to make it seem like anyone who comes into your house is ****ed b/c you're packing heat isn't justified IMO.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -124
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    21,358
    vCash:
    7174
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
    It's nice to live in a country where it is incredibly difficult to obtain or own a gun and almost impossible to obtain an automatic weapon, yes.
    How nice for you. Stay put in your utopian world then. Americans aren't going to put up with that bull****. BTW, it's almost impossible to obtain an automatic weapon here too.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1





    "The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

  5. -125
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    21,358
    vCash:
    7174
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Well your dog might help you but what about places that don't allow pets? Or those who are allergic to dogs? Or dogs that are older that can't hear/get around as well as they used to?

    There's so many god damn variables it makes my head spin
    I thought we were talking about "in the home"

    Allergic to dogs? Find a different security system (electronic)

    Dog gets old? Add another puppy.



    I fail to see why this is a good argument to step on our individual liberties.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -126
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    21,358
    vCash:
    7174
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I don't smoke. Thanks for being mature about it. When someone tries to tell me they have a gun solely to protect themselves from intruders yet doesn't have a gun in every room or in every situation you could get into while in your house, the theory of needing a gun to protect yourself is flawed.

    Don't get angry with me. That's just the truth. I never said to not have weapons in your home but to make it seem like anyone who comes into your house is ****ed b/c you're packing heat isn't justified IMO.
    Not comes into my house, but anybody who breaks into my house when I'm home is pretty much ****ed.

    If I'm not home, then they're secured and not needed to be used to protect me at the time anyway. When I'm not home ... well, that's what concealed carry is for. I currently do not possess a concealed carry permit (yet), so I don't carry (yet). This is because I work in a "gun-free zone" (school) ... you know, a target for sickos who don't want to get in a shootout, but still want to cause havoc. We have a police officer in the building (for the past 5 or 6 years) which, I suppose, makes my school less of a soft target. However, I keep thinking that in our society today, it might just be time to be as prepared as possible for nightmare scenerios. However, this will still not allow me to be armed at all times (school) - unless the law is changed.

    I guess until then, I'll just have to hope that someone else can take care of little old me. Yep, that sounds like freedom.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -127
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    21,358
    vCash:
    7174
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    We're talking about guns, not doctors, not cars, not knives, not asteroids. No one is talking about banning doctors. No need to be silly about it.
    I think the point is that many of us think that banning guns is silly. So if we're going to be silly, why stop at firearms?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -128
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,493
    vCash:
    10858
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I thought we were talking about "in the home"

    Allergic to dogs? Find a different security system (electronic)

    Dog gets old? Add another puppy.



    I fail to see why this is a good argument to step on our individual liberties.
    Apartments and townhouses get broken into also. HOA might not allow pets, that's all I meant by that. One might also have a dog that barks at any noise that exists so one might be like the boy who cried wolf.

    ---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Not comes into my house, but anybody who breaks into my house when I'm home is pretty much ****ed.

    If I'm not home, then they're secured and not needed to be used to protect me at the time anyway. When I'm not home ... well, that's what concealed carry is for. I currently do not possess a concealed carry permit (yet), so I don't carry (yet). This is because I work in a "gun-free zone" (school) ... you know, a target for sickos who don't want to get in a shootout, but still want to cause havoc. We have a police officer in the building (for the past 5 or 6 years) which, I suppose, makes my school less of a soft target. However, I keep thinking that in our society today, it might just be time to be as prepared as possible for nightmare scenerios. However, this will still not allow me to be armed at all times (school) - unless the law is changed.

    I guess until then, I'll just have to hope that someone else can take care of little old me. Yep, that sounds like freedom.
    Comes, breaks, parachutes into, same thing.

    Since these school shootings apparently how so infrequently, you probably don't have anything to worry about.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -129
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,493
    vCash:
    10858
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I think the point is that many of us think that banning guns is silly. So if we're going to be silly, why stop at firearms?
    I agree. I don't think a ban on all guns is needed. One influential government female worker or not, Obama and the gang aren't looking to take all your guns. I'm all for all of us having the right to protect ourselves. What I am of the mindset of is that automatic weapons such as the one the Newtown killer had aren't needed by average citizens for anything.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -130
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    21,358
    vCash:
    7174
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Apartments and townhouses get broken into also. HOA might not allow pets, that's all I meant by that. One might also have a dog that barks at any noise that exists so one might be like the boy who cried wolf.
    Gotcha. Misunderstood what you meant.


    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Comes, breaks, parachutes into, same thing.

    Since these school shootings apparently how so infrequently, you probably don't have anything to worry about.
    I looked at it as "comes" means invited, "breaks into" = gets shot.

    And, as to the last point ... I hope you're right.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 10:47 AM
  2. Government out of control with control!
    By FINintheMOON in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 10:01 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 11:43 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 12:11 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •