Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Your position on gun control in America?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediate ban on all guns.

0 0%
  • Guns only for military/police.

2 3.33%
  • Bolt/pump/lever action ok, no semi-autos.

9 15.00%
  • Gun laws are fine as they currently stand.

15 25.00%
  • Select-fire weapons should be allowed.

6 10.00%
  • You can have them when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

16 26.67%
  • I want a tank.

12 20.00%
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

1. -161
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting poll results, most here on this site want no change or feel that we should be allowed to own whatever gun we can afford.

But the politicians will change the law because it is what they want. The rarely do what they are supposed to do and represent the people that voted them in office.

Bunch of crooks if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Very nicely put. I'm so glad the background check vote failed yesterday. The background check doesn't do anything to deter violence and just raises the price of purchasing a gun.

Criminals will find a way around the system to get guns anyway, The background checks just penalizes the legal gun owners.
    Quote Quote  

4. -164
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Very nicely put. I'm so glad the background check vote failed yesterday. The background check doesn't do anything to deter violence and just raises the price of purchasing a gun.

Criminals will find a way around the system to get guns anyway, The background checks just penalizes the legal gun owners.
    As a proud gun owner, I take issue with you saying it "penalizes" gun owners. Is having to register your car a "penalty"? It's common sense good governance. People with no history will have no problem getting a gun. Bad guys will always have access to guns, so so should the good guys. But a database where OUR government can cross check and make sure felons and schizophrenics can't buy guns is, to me, so common sense that anyone opposed to it is part of the overall problem..
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    As a proud gun owner, I take issue with you saying it "penalizes" gun owners. Is having to register your car a "penalty"? It's common sense good governance. People with no history will have no problem getting a gun. Bad guys will always have access to guns, so so should the good guys. But a database where OUR government can cross check and make sure felons and schizophrenics can't buy guns is, to me, so common sense that anyone opposed to it is part of the overall problem..
    I recently purchased a gun from a gun dealer and had to have background check. Not only does the dealer have to charge more becuase of the check, the government has to staff an agency to take these inquiries. Personally I think the government should be working to get us out of the financial mess thay have created rather than checking every possible gun owner. I'm not against the checks for gun dealers, just not for making any changes where everyone has to do this to buy a gun.
    Quote Quote  

6. -166
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I recently purchased a gun from a gun dealer and had to have background check. Not only does the dealer have to charge more becuase of the check, the government has to staff an agency to take these inquiries. Personally I think the government should be working to get us out of the financial mess thay have created rather than checking every possible gun owner. I'm not against the checks for gun dealers, just not for making any changes where everyone has to do this to buy a gun.
    What does the economy/debt have to do with gun control?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

7. -167
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But the politicians will change the law because it is what they want.
    That seems to depend on which poll you choose to cite:
    http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...e7usyrxldw.gif

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...wgztrgcbvw.gif

Obviously, gun control is as important to public safety as black backpack control and pressure cooker control. The question remains; how do we get people with ill-intent to turn over their guns, backpacks and pressure cookers?

From the 2nd link, "The Nation's top problems": Economy (24%), unemployment (18%), dissatisfaction with government (16%), budget/debt (11%), healthcare (6%), immigration (4%) and education (4%) = 83%

For each person who thinks guns are the nation's top problem, over 20 believe government related issues are the nation's top problem.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

8. -168
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    What does the economy/debt have to do with gun control?
    A lot in this case. Background checks create federal government jobs. Somebody has to be on the other end of the fax to run the check and return results.
    These are just fake (make the government bigger) jobs that don't really help us out of the bad economy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A lot of resistance to any new gun laws is that a substantial portion of Americans do not trust the government to not do exactly the opposite of what they promise.

No one advocating more gun control measures has tackled the question of how they're going to magically get criminals to obey any new laws.
    According to a short video produced by the NRA, a Justice Department memo says that an assault weapon ban would not be effective without mandatory gun confiscation and that universal background checks would only work with federal gun registration, Jim Hoft reported at the Gateway Pundit on Monday, citing a blog post at Guns Saves Lives.

Democrats in at least two states -- Missouri and Minnesota -- have already proposed legislation that if passed into law, would require law-abiding gun owners to surrender rifles, shotguns and pistols deemed to be "assault weapons." A proposal being considered in Washington State would require local sheriffs to inspect the homes of those with "assault weapons" to ensure they are secure.

“Confiscation could be an option…mandatory sale to the state could be an option,” said New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

"If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have," Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Ca) said in 1995.

A post at the Geeky Liberal cites, among others, a post at the liberal Daily Kos calling for all guns to be taken from the civilian population.

"The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything. No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence," the Daily Kos said in a post outlining a step-by-step process for stripping Americans of their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

A Jan. 4 document by Greg Ridgeway, Ph.D., Deputy Director of the National Institute of Justice, admitted that "gun buybacks are ineffective as generally implemented," unless they are "massive and coupled with a ban."

According to Dr. Ridgeway, these buybacks are ineffective because replacements can be easily procured, the buybacks are too small in scope and many of the weapons being turned in would probably never be used in a crime.

"Unless these three points are overcome," he wrote, "a gun buyback cannot be effective."
    http://www.examiner.com/article/nra-...tion-necessary

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-la...say-otherwise/
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh don't think for a second that some of these ****ers on Capitol Hill don't want your guns, all of them, not just a few. I'm sorry if guns are outlawed then I become an outlaw.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote