Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Your position on gun control in America?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediate ban on all guns.

0 0%
  • Guns only for military/police.

2 3.23%
  • Bolt/pump/lever action ok, no semi-autos.

9 14.52%
  • Gun laws are fine as they currently stand.

15 24.19%
  • Select-fire weapons should be allowed.

6 9.68%
  • You can have them when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

16 25.81%
  • I want a tank.

14 22.58%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

1. -51
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting that the US Air Force would be ordered to direct strikes against Americans on our own soil?!?

We The People would not stand for that bull****. Those who would never consider rising up against our government would lash the **** out after that noise!
    I think the whole protection against a tyrannical government thing is silly. As it stands now, no, you wouldnt get the Air Force to bomb Americans. But if at some point in the future you see a true tyrannical government, wouldnt it be safe to assume that he would have a lot of military backing? You couldnt even have someone rise up without it, so in order to assume youd ever need guns for throwing out the government, you also have to assume that you would be fighting a military.

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I believe that we should be allowed to own guns. But I do think that there needs to be a way to track private sales. I think there should be a title that changes hands, just like a car. That way if that gun is used in a crime, you have a record that it was sold and you no longer own it. I also think that we need more education on the subject. Just locking everything down isn't right. I mean look how well that has worked with sex ed in schools. You limit what you can teach, kids are going to try it just because they haven't been given the proper education on it. This might be a uneducated opinion, but that is what I believe.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    I think the way laws are set now are just fine. Even with "Assault Rifles" available to the public.

If you ask me, the real issue is the background checks and how guns are sold.

These laws need to be tightened up. No selling guns at a gun show anymore unless you run the buyers info through the Feds.

Also, stricter laws for anyone who has needed any psychiatric help in the past and they would need clearance from a Psychiatrist (or two) saying it is safe for them to own a gun.

Basically do a better job of making sure those who shouldn't have a gun (i.e. ex-Cons or crazies) don't have access to them.

*edit: Oh and as an add-on, if you're going to be a sh*tty parent and own a gun, at least lock your sh*t up so your crazy kids don't take it out on others.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Similarly, I think a lot of Americans wouldnt have the stomach for an insurgency. For Afghanistan, fighting is just another day in their life. Sun comes up, they fight, sun goes down. They have been seeing fighting their whole lives. Is Bob the accountant going to have the stomach for that? Id venture to guess that as often as not, the answer would be no.
    Judging by our obesity rate, I don't think most Americans would have the physical fortitude for one either...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think the whole protection against a tyrannical government thing is silly. As it stands now, no, you wouldnt get the Air Force to bomb Americans. But if at some point in the future you see a true tyrannical government, wouldnt it be safe to assume that he would have a lot of military backing? You couldnt even have someone rise up without it, so in order to assume youd ever need guns for throwing out the government, you also have to assume that you would be fighting a military.
    So, somehow, that's a reason to begin disarming Americans???

Huh? Wuzzat?

You're not suggesting Americans should/would lie down in the face of our Democracy destroyed & replaced by an actual frigging Tyrant are you?

These colors don't run.

*** We now return you to the less paranoid portion of the debate ***

2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    So, somehow, that's a reason to begin disarming Americans???

Huh? Wuzzat?

You're not suggesting Americans should/would lie down in the face of our Democracy destroyed & replaced by an actual frigging Tyrant are you?

These colors don't run.

*** We now return you to the less paranoid portion of the debate ***

Look at the option I voted for lol. I never said anything about disarming everybody. I was just commenting on that particular reasoning for the right to bear arms. I think its laughable that a militia could overturn the american government.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Go on record: YOUR gun control position.

Look at the option I voted for lol. I never said anything about disarming everybody. I was just commenting on that particular reasoning for the right to bear arms. I think its laughable that a militia could overturn the american government.
    Like I said before, no one is proposing overthrowing the US government. However, standing up to it is entirely possible. With that being said, how many coups take place every year where a bunch of rag-tag rebels overthrow an oppressive government. I seem to remember that happening in the Middle East a little while back. Never underestimate the power of the American People.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My position

1. Close the resale loophole. No reason why a person should have to go through a background check buying a gun at a store but not one when buying in the secondary market.
    2. Colleges should be gun free zones. Young adults and their faults with guns around? No thanks.

thats about it. Fully automatic guns are already disallowed, and its of course the right call. Semi automatic is iffy, but there are reasons out there for them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    It's not hard to understand.

Why is it you think the 2nd Amendment was created? To protect our right to hunt? Our right to free refills for
    our soda at Wendy's? Should the government become "Tyrannical" ..... (Some would say it is now.) We
    may have no choice other than to go to the gun. No...I'm not going to shoot down an Apache with a shotgun.
    Wanna know how you make an Apache not fly, and a tank not roll? You interdict supply lines.

My shotgun may not shoot down an Apache, but it will damn sure kill a truck driver.

Running out yelling "Wolverines" is not the way to win an insurgency, which such a conflict would
    eventually be. As organized resistance formed, help would start coming in from people we probably
    don't like now. Remember how MANPADs switched the paradigm in Afganistan? And I'll tell you this;
    US Soldiers don't have the stomach for slaughtering US citizens. How do I know?

I was one.
    This was a point I was going to raise. Look at what happened in Syria. Many of the opposition fighters are ex-Syrian soldiers who defected after they refused to follow their orders to fire on Syrian citizens. I hope we never have to face a situation like that.

I am a strange animal. I am a pot-smoking, shaggy-haired gun owner. Very pro 2nd amendment. I own a S&W 659 with four 15 round mags. I hope they don't pass a law here in Colorado as stupid as the one they passed in NY.

I often hear the argument "who needs a semi-auto rifle?" But really we live in a society that is all about immersing yourself in **** you don't need. My personal stance is that you may not need high-capacity mags, ARs, semi-autos, autos, etc., but that they should be legal to own and it shouldn't be any of the government's damn business.

And really our government has conducted so many nefarious operations that I would never want them to be the only ones with guns, but I don't want to overthrow anything. I want to defend myself against anything and also go to the range when I get the chance.

Owning a gun isn't a real crime just like smoking weed isn't a real crime. Punish the actual criminals, not us.
    Quote Quote