The Senate will reform the filibuster within the next day and a half -- whether Republicans go along or not, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday afternoon. "I hope that within the next 24 to 36 hours we can get something we agree on. If not, we're going to move forward on what I think needs to be done," Reid told reporters. "The caucus will support me on that," he added.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2526392.html

Because there is bound to be mountains of misinformation out there, here is what Reid is proposing. First, he is NOT trying to do away with the filibuster. What he wants to do is require any filibuster to be done in person, with the requirement that everyone choosing to filibuster legislation be present. This requires everyone who is filibustering a bill to go on legal record that they are doing so, and explain why. The hope is the added accountability will discourage congress members to filibuster something just because the opposing party proposed it. Personally, I'm surprised this hasn't been the requirement up until now. Seems completely reasonable to me...