Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil35 View Post
    I definitely respect the opinions of the true professionals, not the janitors, teachers, FEDEX drivers or insurance agents et al. that consider themselves experts on finheaven...
    Don't forget the Astro Physicists and MIT grads... this place is peppered with them.
    Last edited by Strangeworld; 01-23-2013 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't like Ireland either, but at least he didn't give us a ****ty record along with, no QB, and no money for FA or picks in the draft. If he screws this up its his own damn fault, but at least he got us a QB and saved up money and picks for this off season. Even if he gets fired next year because the rookies are not good enough yet, he is getting us at least 5 young guys who can make an impact on the team for years, and FA's as well. Hopefully he hits on some of those guys so we have something to build on rather than stay stuck at 7-9 for the next few years. I feel that once Brady goes on the decline, we are in the clear because the Bills and Jets are going backwards.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I refuse to concede that because A.) his contract said he had final say and B.) he cashed his paychecks. Both of those things mean he is responsible.
    Where can I see copy of Ireland's contract for the years that Parcells was here?

And please pick up a book or article on Parcells management style - I have, and at every stop he has made at the GM level, and even some places where he wore the coaches hat - HE HAD FINAL SAY on ALL personnel. All others in the decision making process offered opinions - thats it...

I would bet that if Parcells wasnt around when the Long/Ryan controversy reared it ugly head - Ireland chooses Ryan instead of Long...
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil35 View Post
    Where can I see copy of Ireland's contract for the years that Parcells was here?

And please pick up a book or article on Parcells management style - I have, and at every stop he has made at the GM level, and even some places where he wore the coaches hat - HE HAD FINAL SAY on ALL personnel. All others in the decision making process offered opinions - thats it...

I would bet that if Parcells wasnt around when the Long/Ryan controversy reared it ugly head - Ireland chooses Ryan instead of Long...
    Actually, Parcells wanted Chris Long.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who remembers when we first signed Parcells?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162909

He was the one in charge of turning this franchise around. How was in control of football operations and that wasn't relinquished until later on. Its funny all the 7-9 going around, because everyone wants to blame Ireland for all the seasons besides the 11-5 one, but I guess you guys would rather the great Parcells for that one and discount the other seasons. Ironic especially because the guy left us in the dirt and then straight up quit yet the guy in charge of football operations is going to take less of the blame then the puppet GM at the time

lol you guys remember the threads and forums when Parcells was here or the season he left how Parcells was getting blamed for all the earlier drafts, and for taking Long over Ryan, and drafting Henne? Now its all Ireland fault because he was the "GM", yet when did Parcells give up CONTROL of football operations TO Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    Who remembers when we first signed Parcells?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162909

He was the one in charge of turning this franchise around. How was in control of football operations and that wasn't relinquished until later on. Its funny all the 7-9 going around, because everyone wants to blame Ireland for all the seasons besides the 11-5 one, but I guess you guys would rather the great Parcells for that one and discount the other seasons. Ironic especially because the guy left us in the dirt and then straight up quit yet the guy in charge of football operations is going to take less of the blame then the puppet GM at the time

lol you guys remember the threads and forums when Parcells was here or the season he left how Parcells was getting blamed for all the earlier drafts, and for taking Long over Ryan, and drafting Henne? Now its all Ireland fault because he was the "GM", yet when did Parcells give up CONTROL of football operations TO Ireland.
    I don't care who gets the credit for the 11-5 season, the fact of the matter is we've been headed in the wrong direction since then.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    7-9 with a lot of cap and draft picks! We could be easily a 10 win team if we hit on our picks!
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    7-9 with a lot of cap and draft picks! We could be easily a 10 win team if we hit on our picks!
    Key word. I don't have a lot of faith in that based on past performance.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Actually, Parcells wanted Chris Long.
    Let's see some proof for this. Too many rumors are being thrown around like this with no real basis. And from a mod? Come on now.

This site is being ruined by this constant bitching and moaning. It's starting to really wear thin. Every single day, Im seeing threads that have nothing to do with Ireland but about Dolphins discussion being taken over by people that just want to chastise the guy. Get a life. We have him for one more year, minimum.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Let's see some proof for this. Too many rumors are being thrown around like this with no real basis. And from a mod? Come on now.

This site is being ruined by this constant bitching and moaning. It's starting to really wear thin. Every single day, Im seeing threads that have nothing to do with Ireland but about Dolphins discussion being taken over by people that just want to chastise the guy. Get a life. We have him for one more year, minimum.
    He was ready to move on to Chris Long if Jake Long, Ireland and Sparano's pick, didn't sign in time.

NEW YORK There was almost a different Long at the draft's top overall spot.
    Contrary to the perception that the Miami Dolphins were locked onto Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long exclusively, the representatives for Virginia defensive end Chris Long were contacted last Monday by Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells about opening negotiations with the ACC defensive player of the year to become the first overall pick

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ft-notes_N.htm

Also, the narrative at the time was that the pick would be between the two Longs. Ryan wasn't really in the equation beyond due diligence.
    Quote Quote