Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins

1. -81
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    I really think they (Ireland haters) do! Because this would make they're opinion on the man completely invalid, they will always resort to his failures regardless of how much success he will have... While Ireland should be put on blast for his mistakes, he should also be credited for the right choices he's made...

If the Fins turn this thing around, Ireland haters won't admit to being wrong but distribute credit elsewhere (players, coaches etc...) and continue to reminisce on his failures. Nobody likes to admit they are wrong.

Personally I don't like or hate him, I base my opinion on him more so on his latest work then I do in the beginning. If he was stuck on the old philosophy I'd be worried, but I think he's proven, at least in his last draft he's willing to change his ways.
    I want Ireland to succeed more than anything. Do you think I really want Ireland to fail to prove my opinion of him? That's absurd. It's not my fault in his 5 years he's been mediocre at best as a GM. The records speak for themselves. It seems Ireland supporters blame everyone (Parcells, Sparano, the fans) for Ireland's failures except Ireland himself. I give him credit for the positive things he's done, but if some of those things are that he found Wake and Bess, then that means he contributed in the 08-10 drafts as well. Ireland supporters claim Parcells was the one in charge, so he shouldn't get credit for finding those hidden gems then. Point is, he's been here for 5 years and has a poor track record. The team has had 4 losing seasons in a row (the worst in 40 years), and people should expect the fans to be optimistic with Ireland having all these picks and cap space?

I want the Dolphins to win. I want him to succeed.

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwastherein72 View Post
    The quote about dez bryant is one of the few things ireland has been RIGHT about. For THAT I supported him.

My animus against ireland is that he is an incompetent personnel evaluator who has a philosophy of avoiding drafting skill-position talent at all costs.
    funny. I read this reply, then I read your signature...
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    I want Ireland to succeed more than anything. Do you think I really want Ireland to fail to prove my opinion of him? That's absurd. It's not my fault in his 5 years he's been mediocre at best as a GM. The records speak for themselves. It seems Ireland supporters blame everyone (Parcells, Sparano, the fans) for Ireland's failures except Ireland himself. I give him credit for the positive things he's done, but if some of those things are that he found Wake and Bess, then that means he contributed in the 08-10 drafts as well. Ireland supporters claim Parcells was the one in charge, so he shouldn't get credit for finding those hidden gems then. Point is, he's been here for 5 years and has a poor track record. The team has had 4 losing seasons in a row (the worst in 40 years), and people should expect the fans to be optimistic with Ireland having all these picks and cap space?

I want the Dolphins to win. I want him to succeed.

Ireland shares the blame for this teams failures with everybody else involved. MOST Ireland haters look at things very black and white. It's all Irelands fault, not the coaches involved or players (Dan Carpenter missing 3 game wining FG's, anyone)... Ireland doesn't get a pass for this team going 7-9 6-10 the last 4 years, but he certainly shouldnt get ALL the blame, like everybody (Ireland haters in general) on here tend to do.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    no. its our lack of impact players in the draft. we've found plenty of starters.
    We have found "starters" who would be SECOND-STRING on most teams. We consistently ignore the good players and draft mediocre players a round or 2 ahead of their intrinsic value.

It is perfectly legitimate to judge ireland based on how many players he has PASSED ON that are starting, contributing and STARRING for other franchises. That is a LONG and embarrassing list.

Tannehill came to us because of Ross and Philbin. Stephen Ross could have drafted Tannehill all by himself, he didn't need ireland's help. Left to himself, ireland would have gone for cornfed wannabes like always.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    Ireland shares the blame for this teams failures with everybody else involved. MOST Ireland haters look at things very black and white. It's all Irelands fault, not the coaches involved or players (Dan Carpenter missing 3 game wining FG's, anyone)... Ireland doesn't get a pass for this team going 7-9 6-10 the last 4 years, but he certainly shouldnt get ALL the blame, like everybody (Ireland haters in general) on here tend to do.
    I by no means blame him for everything, but his supporters excuse him from everything. The point is, he's been the GM for 5 years now. Yes Sparano was a mediocre coach at best, and Parcells didn't give a ****, but Ireland is still the GM of the team. Even when Ireland has been by himself, he has not drafted play makers. Do we blame Philbin more for drafting a player like Egnew and not getting TY Hilton? I don't see any play makers on this team that were drafted; I have no reason to believe Ireland will all of a sudden hit on every stud in the draft. I mean I've seen many people on here call for players like Earl Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Hakeem Nicks, and so on. Why does Ireland keep passing on these guys?

Either way, this is his last chance. No more inactive Egnews, Daniel Thomases, Pat Whites, Sean Smiths, and so on.... I want some game changers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    High praise from the bottom feeders. I would welcome those comments from the GM's from SF, NE, GB, NO...
    What good is having so many draft picks when we waste them on draft day, or trade the players a few years later.
    We have not had that one draft that transforms a team from a loser to a winner with the best players from each round.
    That always eludes Jeff Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    High praise from the bottom feeders. I would welcome those comments from the GM's from SF, NE, GB, NO...
    What good is having so many draft picks when we waste them on draft day, or trade the players a few years later.
    We have not had that one draft that transforms a team from a loser to a winner with the best players from each round.
    That always eludes Jeff Ireland.
    Yes exactly. You're not going to win football games if you are trading your first round pick for a 2nd round pick a few years later. Ireland has a done a pretty good job at finding starters in the draft, but he has consistently missed on the studs in each rounds. He's had several opportunities to get these guys too. Many people on Finheaven call for players like Earl Thomas and Jimmy Graham, but for some reason Ireland continues to whiff on these guys.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    Yes exactly. You're not going to win football games if you are trading your first round pick for a 2nd round pick a few years later.
    Yes we will. We won 6 games with Vonate Davis and his bum hamstring last year. We won 7 games without him this year. And we have an extra draft pick.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Yes we will. We won 6 games with Vonate Davis and his bum hamstring last year. We won 7 games without him this year. And we have an extra draft pick.
    You make a good argument here, but the point is, there were better players out there that we could have drafted instead of Davis that many people called for. The fact that you have to trade him away after only a few years is not a good strategy for success. You say "and his bum hamstring," so I assume your opinion is not that high on Davis. Clay Matthews is one of the faces of GB and an elite LB. Nicks is a play maker for the SB winning Giants. Davis was only a solid starter for us.

I know a debate about Ireland with you will go all day, but Ireland has done a pretty good job at finding starters, but he keeps missing on the game changers. This is his last chance to find these guys.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If we would have draft Nicks that year..

Damn can't do that to myself.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote