Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: DEFENSIVE END Rankings 1-10

  1. -11
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,784
    vCash:
    18413
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I love the Jones kid from UCLA from what I have seen this week. Could be a good fit for Miami. Okafor is solid to.

    I was very high on Ansah coming into this week and I have cooled a lot. He is just not ready to help a team that needs help now. Too much of a major project.
    Now your talkin. Anybody picked at 12 better be ready to go full time and "plug and play" from day one. Thats how I look at the first round pick. Most players take a couple years to really get going. Others get lucky and go to a team that is already established with a strong Dline. Giants ex.

    That is why I stick to Eifert. He will start day one and be a big part of this offense IMO the way Joe P. looks to this offense.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,668
    vCash:
    35055
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that jpp stuff with ansah is WAY WAY off base...been trying to tell you guys that
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I like the effort, like the writeups

    The comparisons are way off base. There's a JPP clone in the draft and you skipped him! Hint, he's on BYU

    Thanks for the OP tho!
    yeah he scares me with a first round pick not near the caliber of athlete of JPP and he is way to raw... Carradine compares bc of size and being a former juco prospect
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,183
    vCash:
    3598
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I woulnd't mind if we drafted 2 of those 10 guys.

    I'm thinking Dion Jordan and Tank Carradine. Dion Jordan would just bring so much athleticism to our LB group. He'd essentially become our own version of Von Miller. Then Tank with that second pick in the 3rd round (falls due to injury) we could put opposite of Cam Wake up front while kicking Odrick inside next to big Paul.

    Remember we got Misi in his final year, and Dansby/Burnett could potentially be in there final years with ballooning contracts in 2014. Draft a pair of WR's and a CB with those 2 2nd round picks and that first 3rd rounder.
    I like that strategy a lot.

    ---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I like the effort, like the writeups

    The comparisons are way off base. There's a JPP clone in the draft and you skipped him! Hint, he's on BYU

    Thanks for the OP tho!
    Yeah, the comparisons aren't very good for the most part.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like that strategy a lot.

    ---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

    Yeah, the comparisons aren't very good for the most part.
    How so? the comparisons aren''t to say that so and so will be better than the player they are compared to, just a known defensive end who plays similar to the prospect. I think the comparisons I did were great
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    werner is a high motor tough complete d end like chris long
    moore is also a complete d end who can rush inside on passing downs like justin tuck
    mingo is a tremendous athlete who needs to work on the run game like bruce irvin
    jenkins is an explosive pass rusher with multiple moves like trent cole
    datone jones is a 43 LDE or 3-4 pass rushing DE like Cam Jordan
    Dion Jordan is 6'7 and can run like michael johnson
    carradine is an explosive, flexible, powerful former juco de like JPP
    okafor is built and runs the corner and forces fumbles like john abraham
    sam montgomery is built similar to jones but is a weaker pass rusher but stronger run player than Chandler Jones
    lemonier is an undersized explosive edge rusher similar to Cliff Avril
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,238
    vCash:
    9543
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Speaking of Sam Montgomery, he might have the worst first step from a potential 1st Round DE that I've ever seen. He's always the last one out of his stance. DT's beating him out of his stance. How many off sides penalties does he have for his career? It shouldn't be more than one. But if he just gets a decent jump, he's very effective. Plays very strong, great use of hands, nice agility and ability to change directions, and he has counters.

    He's kind of out there in the weeds of the late-1st through the mid-2nd. He was a very productive player one of of the best defenses in the best conference in college football, and he does a lot of things very well, but that first step . . . it's just stupid how slow it is.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Speaking of Sam Montgomery, he might have the worst first step from a potential 1st Round DE that I've ever seen. He's always the last one out of his stance. DT's beating him out of his stance. How many off sides penalties does he have for his career? It shouldn't be more than one. But if he just gets a decent jump, he's very effective. Plays very strong, great use of hands, nice agility and ability to change directions, and he has counters.

    He's kind of out there in the weeds of the late-1st through the mid-2nd. He was a very productive player one of of the best defenses in the best conference in college football, and he does a lot of things very well, but that first step . . . it's just stupid how slow it is.
    I know right? I laugh when I see him top 10 in peoples mock drafts. Just shows they watch no film. He is the slowest off the ball I have ever seen among a potential first rounder. being a former college d end first step is everything. He has no pass rush moves either besides a decent bull rush. that being said he is probably the best stopping the run besides Bjoern Werner
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    dcnr226's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,106
    vCash:
    1594
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Now your talkin. Anybody picked at 12 better be ready to go full time and "plug and play" from day one. Thats how I look at the first round pick. Most players take a couple years to really get going. Others get lucky and go to a team that is already established with a strong Dline. Giants ex.

    That is why I stick to Eifert. He will start day one and be a big part of this offense IMO the way Joe P. looks to this offense.
    I agree. If you love a guy, trade up to get him. But the #12 overall pick in the draft should be an NFL ready playmaker, and Eifert is a first down machine. WR can be addressed in FA cough*mikewallace*cough
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    36
    vCash:
    1022
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After watching senior bowl practices I want datone Jones from UCLA with late second round pick that kid is a beast only de that beat Eric Fisher in the practices
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Defensive coordinator rankings
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
  2. Offensive and defensive rankings
    By Puffboy(ricky) in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 05:07 PM
  3. What is the Fins Defensive Rankings?
    By Sal Lisitano in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 04:45 PM
  4. Defensive & Offensive Rankings
    By Gonk in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:37 AM
  5. Defensive Player Rankings
    By MarinoFan4Life in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •