Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Stuff Don't Matter To Phinatics

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

New Stadium Stuff Don't Matter To Phinatics

I could care less on the stadium we play in. The Orange Bowl SUCKED but, we WON, and every FRACKIN PHAN LOVED IT!!!!!!!

We actually had a home field advantage back then, with CRAZY PHINATICS caring more of the team than being in the shade, LOGO's, and what FRAKIN COLOR THE UNIFORMS WERE!!!!

Anyone else remember the Orange Bowl? We did not have any comfort level. Hell, we seldom had working toilets. The surroundings SUCKED but, few cared. The Phinatics, and team, more than made up for it.

For me, that was what going to the game was important, and it was SPECIAL! JMO
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winning does that.....i guess when that doesnt happen attention turns to this kinda baloney.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunm000 View Post
    Winning does that.....i guess when that doesnt happen attention turns to this kinda baloney.
    Yeah, I guess so. LOL

Let's forget the team, and focus on Phans being comfortable, even though most here have never been to a Dolphins game. Don't matter, let's fix the stadium, and we may visit once in the coming years. lol
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It matters to the NFL, and getting a Superbowl.

Like it or not, everyone likes good facilities.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    "frackin"....what are you doing? Drilling for oil? lol
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The stadium upgrades are so that Miami can host Superbowls.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There was an indeed a comfort level in the Orange Bowl. I've never experienced such an extreme comfort level. You walked into that glorious structure knowing what an obstacle the opponent faced. It felt nearly insurmountable at times.

If Sun Life is worth 1.5 to 2 points less per game than the Orange Bowl on average, with a home field allotment of 2 points instead of 3.5-4 that was standard in the Orange Bowl, that may not sound like much but to put it in context that's more than losing a star receiver or star running back or star defender. Oddsmakers don't make adjustments of a point and a half if those players are out. Only a top notch quarterback can be worth that much, and it's not decisively more. Like the ever popular 40% subjective adjustment around here, there's an impression that the odds would switch a touchdown or two, and not a mere handful of points.

Playing in this stadium is like removing a great player from our roster. Every game. You can look at it that way.

Ross will jam the proposal through. It looks more and more obvious. The Dolphins found a short window, played the fear card, and hired a public relations firm to advise them on an advertising blitz, including attacks on Norman Braman. The Herald detailed it very well, right down the line. As Braman correctly describes, the Dolphins could never survive a public vote but billionaires find ways to avoid annoyances like that. It's the same reason I avoid mock drafts and find them remarkably foolish. You're predicting the opinions of a handful of people, sometimes one per team. I can project how the masses will think and vote, but not some stuffy jerk behind a closed door. Ross can't woo and intimidate the average joe down the block with a mortgage but the commissioners are good bets to keel over, particularly when the next election is far far away. Plenty of time for other issues to cloud this one.

Nobody is claiming a $400 million patching won't do some good. Plenty of good. Was it the best choice? No chance. It's the type of thing a 7-9 regime would think of.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I could care less on the stadium we play in. The Orange Bowl SUCKED but, we WON, and every FRACKIN PHAN LOVED IT!!!!!!!

We actually had a home field advantage back then, with CRAZY PHINATICS caring more of the team than being in the shade, LOGO's, and what FRAKIN COLOR THE UNIFORMS WERE!!!!

Anyone else remember the Orange Bowl? We did not have any comfort level. Hell, we seldom had working toilets. The surroundings SUCKED but, few cared. The Phinatics, and team, more than made up for it.

For me, that was what going to the game was important, and it was SPECIAL! JMO
    I never saw a game in the Orange Bowl so I have no clue how nice it was

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would rather sit on a wooden bench and get splinters, and watch the team win, than sit on a lazy boy recliner, and watch them lose.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Orange Bowl was the greatest stadium this world will ever know.

Quote Quote