Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Dolphins.com interviews with Ryan Swope and other prospects

  1. -11
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,435
    vCash:
    18429
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Dolphins.com interviews with Ryan Swope and other prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    how many times do we have to go over this, stats dont mean ****. OH wow Bess with 1000 yards, NO **** only 2 WR caught balls on this team and none made game winning plays or scored TD so who cares about YARDS? this isn't MADDEN.
    Go take your agenda somewhere else.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    SR 7's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    8,755
    vCash:
    1184
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its a fact, not an agenda. Denial wont lead to success.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,976
    vCash:
    8945
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be shocked if Swope makes it out of the 3rd round. With Welker wanting a pay day and Belichik wanting a replacement but being unable to find one in Edleman or Woodhead, I suspect he will draft Swope by the end of the 3rd if nobody else has. Swope is his type of slot player, keeps his nose down, creates separation, catches the ball, keeps the chains moving, nothing fancy, but runs good routes, gets open, and will do what Brady tells him to do.

    This pre-draft time is always dream season, and with 5 picks in the top 82 or so, I've been doing a lot of dreaming. If we bring in Jennings, resign Hartline, and add a dynamic playmaker deep threat in the draft, like maybe Cordarrelle Patterson or Justin Hunter, then I can totally see us going for Swope in the 3rd round. He can play immediately and rotate into the slot as Jennings lines up at all 3 positions (Split End, Flanker and Slot) with Hartline playing most of the Flanker and our higher draftee playing the Split End. That's the makings of a good little WR corps. Swope definitely doesn't have the athletic gifts of some of the other WR's that will go in rounds 1 and 2, but I'm convinced he will be a better NFL WR than some of them. Swope has some speed, but he's not a burner. He's more quick than fast. He does have a burst out of his cuts that is underrated IMHO. That's how he creates good separation. Being a converted RB, he holds the ball solidly and makes good RAC yardage. But most importantly, he runs good routes, creates separation, and catches the ball. Those are the things that make our offense successful. He may not be the gamebreaker that Patterson is, or the red zone threat that Hunter is, or the deep threat that Wheaton is, or the speed demon that Austin is, but he's going to be one of those guys that just keeps making plays drive after drive, game after game, year after year.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    895
    vCash:
    1671
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to agree with SR7 about Bess. I don't see any "agenda" on his part, either. Bess has been the steadiest receiver on the team for years. However, that ultimately means jack ****. Being the most productive receiver in an offense as putrid as the ones the Dolphins have had frankly isn't saying a lot. Bess can catch the ball. Yay. Dude leaves touchdowns on the field all over the friggin' place. Bottom line- he is part of the problem and not the solution. I appreciate what he's done but it just isn't enough. He is just too damn allergic to the end zone.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,435
    vCash:
    18429
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Dolphins.com interviews with Ryan Swope and other prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    I have to agree with SR7 about Bess. I don't see any "agenda" on his part, either. Bess has been the steadiest receiver on the team for years. However, that ultimately means jack ****. Being the most productive receiver in an offense as putrid as the ones the Dolphins have had frankly isn't saying a lot. Bess can catch the ball. Yay. Dude leaves touchdowns on the field all over the friggin' place. Bottom line- he is part of the problem and not the solution. I appreciate what he's done but it just isn't enough. He is just too damn allergic to the end zone.
    Read some more posts by SR7 his agenda will become very clear.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    John Biello's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    5,360
    vCash:
    3343
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we were to add a jennings in free agency, and we retain hartline this kid would be the perfect addition to our group. it almost looks like to perfect of a fit. i wonder how much stock they would put into tannehill's opinion of the kid. We do have the extra 3rd pick to play with and if tanne is the guy i wonder if they throw him a bone (assuming of course he would go to bat for swope's ability). and as far as you guys arguing about bess, adding another quality receiver will put him back where he belongs, inside and none of us can complain about what he brings to the table out of the slot and on third downs.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    ROADRUNNER's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    9,264
    vCash:
    605
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    how many times do we have to go over this, stats dont mean ****. OH wow Bess with 1000 yards, NO **** only 2 WR caught balls on this team and none made game winning plays or scored TD so who cares about YARDS? this isn't MADDEN.
    And how many times do we have to listen to you puting down the dolphins...........same oh same oh.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,435
    vCash:
    18429
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Dolphins.com interviews with Ryan Swope and other prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by John Biello View Post
    If we were to add a jennings in free agency, and we retain hartline this kid would be the perfect addition to our group. it almost looks like to perfect of a fit. i wonder how much stock they would put into tannehill's opinion of the kid. We do have the extra 3rd pick to play with and if tanne is the guy i wonder if they throw him a bone (assuming of course he would go to bat for swope's ability). and as far as you guys arguing about bess, adding another quality receiver will put him back where he belongs, inside and none of us can complain about what he brings to the table out of the slot and on third downs.
    Great post in the slot where he belongs Bess is an exellent player by any teams standards. Swope would add a different slit threat but also give us more of a vertical threat at times as well.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    JEDIJ007's Avatar
    It's a trap!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,194
    vCash:
    1220
    Loc:
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Id rather have Patterson in the first and then 2b or 3rd - Bailey, impartial to Jennings, Hartline and bess are best 3/4 on the depth charts of most NFL teams.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    895
    vCash:
    1671
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Read some more posts by SR7 his agenda will become very clear.
    None the less, imo it doesn't make what he said here any less correct. Take an objective look at Bess. He is the closest thing we have had to a playmaker at WR (other than the two Marshall years) since 2008. He is a sure handed chain mover but ultimately his position needs to be upgraded. If you really want the offense to be dynamic, the slot guy should be able to make big plays and get into the end zone a hell of a lot more often. I like Bess a lot and appreciate what he's done but I'm not about to get all sentimental and attached simply because he has been the best of a downright awful group.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ryan Swope in 2nd?
    By miamirw in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 03:37 PM
  2. A&M Ryan Swope
    By footsteps_falco in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 09:22 PM
  3. Ryan Tannehill + Ryan Swope 2012
    By Asicswrg85 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •